Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: HELP Garden Angel!! aka K happytoes.

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 11, Views: 157
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2001
4:31 AM

Post #5415

Garden Angel I thought SOMEONE here would help me Id this plant, to see if its a wild flower or a weed, and NO ONE has responded so do you think you could ask the GARDEN GOD if he knows?? there are no blooms yet, but I remember having a wild flower there last year but not sure if this is it or not... I need to know so I can pull it up if its a weed before it seeds off and makes more weeds!!
please help.
mollybee

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Jerseyguy
Princeton, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2001
2:31 PM

Post #77431

Sorry Mollybee, I haven't got a clue. Some plants are easily recognizable just by picture alone others are not. There are alot of factors involved in plant identification, flower structure, stem structure, growth habit, etc, etc. and its sometimes impossible to get all of this information from just a picture. It will be much easier to identify your plant once it blooms. Take a picture then and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. If you are worried about it spreading from seed, just cut off the flowers before the seeds ripen. Good luck!
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2001
2:36 PM

Post #77433

Thanks Jerseyguy, I'll keep that in mind.
mollybee
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2001
3:53 PM

Post #77446

Hi, The leaf bears some resemblance to my Japanese anenome which blooms in late summer. I agree with Jerseyguy, wait until it flowers. I have pulled out some eagerly awaited plants, when I could not identify them and did not remember what I planted and where--a perennial problem.
Chooch
Chatham-Kent, ON
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2001
3:53 PM

Post #77447

It kind of looks similar to valeriana but valerian grows quite tall ... more data needed please :)
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2001
3:55 PM

Post #77449

KHT-- well as of now it has no blooms yet but it does have little spur looking things on the ends of it where the flower should be, I think if it hasn't bloomed in the new week or so I will just pull it up. Thanks for the help. I don't have a better picture of it and if it's a weed why waste the film...LOL I'll keep you posted K??
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2001
3:58 PM

Post #77451

Hey Chooch, you know this thing has been growing like crazy
it seems like it has grown more and more everyday, and it is really getting taller too. could it be valeriana I hope it is something besides a weed. :)
Chooch
Chatham-Kent, ON
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2001
4:09 PM

Post #77457

Valeriana grows 5 to 6 feet tall and very fast ...heavenly smell that is almost intoxicating ...also invasive if not dead headed vigilantly ...I love the smell of this plant !!!
Chooch
Chatham-Kent, ON
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2001
4:11 PM

Post #77458

KHT : I stalk you wherever you go ;) JUST TEASING !!!!! :) How are those LOVELY passiflora plants performing so far ??? :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 8 Jul 2, 2010 2:47 PM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America