Geranium plant from seeds sown the Deno way

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I sowed seeds the Deno was back in late April. This is how the plant is 6 weeks down the line.

Thumbnail by mark
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Wow, that's come on fast!

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Well, I'm on my way!!! Here's the seed packets sent to me by Psilo....

Thumbnail by MossRose
Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

And here's the moist towels, all labeled...and now sitting on top of the frig. By the way, I can't seem to find the link to the Deno Method...I'd like to read it again, just to make sure I do things right.

Thumbnail by MossRose

excellent

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Mossrose I too received seeds from psilo and tried both methods - the conventional way and the deno way. I have had success with both and will hopefully have some pictures soon. By the way, I think Mark posted the thread on the discussion forum but I stand to be corrected...Mark???

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

I checked the Discussion forum and didn't find it...Mark..please post the link to the deno method...please...

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Here you are MossRose http://davesgarden.com/t/382293/ :)

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks Philomel...

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Here's the germinated seed. Only one has germ'ed so far. By the time I found it the first set of leaves were developing. The photo's aren't that good...I couldn't get a close enough shot and it be clear enough to tell what the heck it was. But I tried.

I've set the others outside in the shade for some warmth. It's been so very hot here that my a/c is running 90 to nothing and it gets too cold in here for them to ever be warm. I'll only leave them for a few hours. Hopefully long enough for them to break dormacy.

This message was edited Sunday, Jul 6th 3:01 PM

Thumbnail by MossRose
Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

And I've potted it up. Did I pot it correctly??

It looked like all root with a green end. I didn't think I should have potted the green end and all...did I do right?

This message was edited Sunday, Jul 6th 3:03 PM

Thumbnail by MossRose

I would say it's too deep. keep a close eye on it.

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Mark, I think its just right,,today there are two healthy leaves visible and it's already somewhat taller. Planted another one today, a G. pratense. No photo's...am charging the batteries.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.