Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Daylilies: Not sure of name??

Communities > Forums > Daylilies
bookmark
Forum: DayliliesReplies: 3, Views: 111
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Debby
Milo, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2003
11:54 PM

Post #569485

I received this in a trade two years ago. Last year the blooms were a bright coral almost orange. Now this year in the same spot, same dirt the blooms are like this. Very interesting. Does anyone know why this happens or have a clue as to a name.

Thumbnail by Debby
Click the image for an enlarged view.

yogaman
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2003
2:40 AM

Post #569675

Is this the first bloom on the plant this year. Sometimes the first blooms do not have the intensity of later blooms. If the buds have had a lot rain or direct watering just before opening this will also dilute the color or cause spoting. Not sure what it is but it looks like it has great bud count.
Debby
Milo, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2003
3:00 AM

Post #569705

yogaman: Yes, they are the first blooms and the buds did get alot of rain. Thanks, for the info. It will be interesting to watch. It is a great bloomer, I have 2 patches of the same daylily and both are blooming the same.
yogaman
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2003
3:26 AM

Post #569726

The blooming season is almost over here in Houston. I had some new plants that bloomed for the first time and they did not look right till the end of their first blooming cycle. They are repeaters so the next scapes they produce will be more true, I hope. Let us know how yours turn out.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Daylilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
What do I do with the day lilies now? JSS 12 Oct 10, 2009 4:51 PM
Scented daylilies?? philomel 26 Feb 5, 2008 6:00 AM
Potted Daylilies CountryGardens 10 Jan 18, 2008 4:28 AM
Late Season Rebloomers pins2006 12 Aug 3, 2007 12:38 PM
Metal markers suppliers? bluegrassmom 63 Mar 12, 2008 11:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America