Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Is this Charles Grimaldi brugs?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 8, Views: 191
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

May 27, 2001
1:25 PM

Post #5459

traded to me as "yellow turns to orange" catepillars have been happily munching, they didn't seem to bother buds so i left them alone...
thanks

Thumbnail by arlene
Click the image for an enlarged view.

arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

May 27, 2001
11:33 PM

Post #77773

Hi, Karma, to each his own re catepillars... i really like the flying flowers, though, so unless i catch them eating buds on something i usually leave them alone. they were on there at least several days i saw, already big, don't know what kind...
i thought this was the ugliest color last year when it bloomed, this year the color seems much softer, some kind of weather difference or in my head difference...
you sent me jutner orange last fall, i am thinking it will start blooming soon, can't wait...
thanks for looking
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2001
2:19 AM

Post #77814

Removed by member request
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

June 25, 2001
12:26 AM

Post #86632

A fragrance perked up my head this evening, it was one open bloom on this plant from ten feet away. didn't open white to start this time, yellow/gold, very fragrant, and the tendrils extend half way up the actual flower. there are close to 30 large buds, should have a ton open in a couple of days. any idea which one?
thanks
Amaryllisgal
High Springs, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2001
6:26 PM

Post #86852

Ooooh, Arlene! You WILL post pictures, won't you?
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

June 25, 2001
9:46 PM

Post #86897

Amaryllisgal, better yet, you need to come over late one afternoon and see and smell them...have 4 in full bloom, 2-3 budding up. i owe you a brug, and have been meaning to ask your advice, i need to move my amaryllis... would like to do it right the next time!
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 26, 2001
2:00 PM

Post #87124

http://kirchner-abel.de/site/home.htm Arlene, please check out that site for a picture of a Charles Grimaldi. Pictures of Double pinks, etc can be seen on this site as well. Hope that helps you Arlene. I don't personally have the Charles Grimaldi, just a few hybrids that resulted from it, but it doesn't look like what I have seen being sold as the Charles Grimaldi.
Hope that helps Arlene,
Brugmansia
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

June 26, 2001
2:31 PM

Post #87147

yes, had already figured out wasn't c. grimaldi. was traded to me as versicolor yellow to orange, and what i think is frosty pink was traded to me as vericolor white to pink. and the one seedling i received as c. grimaldi bloomed all white, stayed white (i spoke with her recently, she said the leave shape made her think it was cg).
so my first 3 brugs are pretty, would like to know what they are before i buy/trade for more of the same! my #4 came from the flea market, yellow to orange? no idea!
i really like the site you gave the link for. looks like we have a lot to look forward to, tons of beautiful brugs that haven't made it here yet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 8 Jul 2, 2010 2:47 PM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America