-
AuthorContent
NoH2O
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2003
4:55 AM

Post #583420

I recently purchased a Geranium Himalayense Plenum and would like some advice on what it's needs are. My only other experience was with a Johnson's Blue and it never did very well for me. I tried it in full sun and part shade in various parts of my garden and it never did much more than sit there. Also I don't think it was even Johnson's Blue - it was a lot more lavender than any of the pictures I have seen of it. So anyway I would like to be more successful with this one and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2003
9:44 AM

Post #583519

Hi NoH20 Himalayense Plenum can be quite difficult to get established but once it is happy it is really quite vigorous. I have grown this one in many places. It grows best where the spot gets the late afternoon sun. It prefers a cool but bright spot. It also likes a good, deep, rich soil so when you plant it incorporate plenty of well rotted manure or compost. Also until it is established never let it go without water.
Follow these simple rules and you should have beautiful blooms soon enough!:))
mark
Antrim, Northern Ire
United Kingdom
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2003
8:52 PM

Post #583958

not wanting to pick .. my experienses with it are the opposite. My plant is in full sun and in very poor shallow soil.
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

July 16, 2003
12:08 PM

Post #584582

then you have done well mark, because many people tell me that their hg is failing growing in a place such as yours but when they move it as suggested it does well. Mine never does well in full sun or poor soil.

You might get away with it because you get alot more rain than anyone else so it keeps it cool and happy :))

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never grew these before.. Brugie 21 May 3, 2007 2:20 PM
Visions Light Pink echoes 5 May 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Overwintering - dumb question, I know AlohaHoya 28 Mar 19, 2007 4:00 PM
Hardy Geranium resource links, info, and pics? tabasco 46 Jul 26, 2007 7:26 PM
Plain ole standard geranium....how cold can i let them get?? sticks_n_stones 12 Mar 30, 2007 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America