Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Spider Flower, Spider Legs, Grandfather's Whiskers (Cleome hasslerana)

Little Falls, MN(Zone 4a)

Common name: Spider Flower, Spider Legs, Grandfather's Whiskers
Family: Capparaceae
Genus: Cleome
Species hasslerana

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/6/

Thumbnail by tyke
Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

Our Cleome done has done quite well in Michigan this year. It hit a record high of 5'. Better than compared to years prior.

Thumbnail by pinky100

where did u get the seed for all the color's u have i have a pink one and do i wait till the seed pods turn brown r when do i pick them please help thank u can email me at
lori669657@aol.com

This message was edited Saturday, Oct 11th 8:28 AM

Hi Lori, the seed pack I got was a multi- colored one with pink, purple and white. Don't remember what company though. Yes, you have to wait for the seed pods turn brown and dry, as with most flower seeds for collecting. I tried e-mailing you this message but your server rejected it!??? Hope this helps.

if u have any seed's that u dont need i would love to have some i will pay u for them

Sorry, I didn't collect the seeds this year, otherwise I would gladly share them with you. I don't grow them every year, take turns with other annuals. So next year it will be something else in that spot. I don't have a huge area for annuals so like to do different every year. I think the last time I had Cleome in there was 4 yrs. ago, and then again this year. You shouldn't have trouble finding a mix packet in the spring at any garden center or Walmart...

Sonora, CA

Can you tell me how much you have to pinch them to get them full and with more buds? Thank you.
Flowerfloosey

Hi there, I don't pinch mine at all....just plant and let me go!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.