Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Spider Flower, Spider Legs, Grandfather's Whiskers (Cleome hasslerana)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 7, Views: 478
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tyke
Little Falls, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 20, 2003
12:38 PM

Post #588079

Spider Flower, Spider Legs, Grandfather's Whiskers
Cleome houtteana

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/6/

Thumbnail by tyke
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pinky100
Mason, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 5, 2003
9:13 PM

Post #638905

Our Cleome done has done quite well in Michigan this year. It hit a record high of 5'. Better than compared to years prior.

Thumbnail by pinky100
Click the image for an enlarged view.

loriluvplants

October 11, 2003
12:25 PM

Post #677358

where did u get the seed for all the color's u have i have a pink one and do i wait till the seed pods turn brown r when do i pick them please help thank u can email me at
lori669657@aol.com

This message was edited Saturday, Oct 11th 8:28 AM
tyke
Little Falls, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 11, 2003
4:55 PM

Post #677575

Hi Lori, the seed pack I got was a multi- colored one with pink, purple and white. Don't remember what company though. Yes, you have to wait for the seed pods turn brown and dry, as with most flower seeds for collecting. I tried e-mailing you this message but your server rejected it!??? Hope this helps.
loriluvplants

October 12, 2003
11:31 AM

Post #678319

if u have any seed's that u dont need i would love to have some i will pay u for them
tyke
Little Falls, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2003
1:30 PM

Post #678445

Sorry, I didn't collect the seeds this year, otherwise I would gladly share them with you. I don't grow them every year, take turns with other annuals. So next year it will be something else in that spot. I don't have a huge area for annuals so like to do different every year. I think the last time I had Cleome in there was 4 yrs. ago, and then again this year. You shouldn't have trouble finding a mix packet in the spring at any garden center or Walmart...
flowerfloosey
Sonora, CA

April 18, 2005
10:50 PM

Post #1411595

Can you tell me how much you have to pinch them to get them full and with more buds? Thank you.
Flowerfloosey
tyke
Little Falls, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 21, 2005
3:21 AM

Post #1416578

Hi there, I don't pinch mine at all...just plant and let me go!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America