Rozanne / Jolly Bee costing $30

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Shock horror costing 20/$30 DONT buy it at this much. The nursery man probably wears a mask when he sticks his mit out to grab the money

http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/site_search.d2w/report?seq=1&keyword=geranium&page_selected=1&category=all&price_range=doesntmatter&occasion=

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Jolly Bee is the same as Rozanne? Rozanne was availbe in the co-op I did for $2 or $3.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sue I missed the co-op!! :-( Mark J & P and most big names over here charge the earth and then some!! I can't believe people would actually pay those prices. When I first arrived in the States just over six year's ago one could hardly find any hardy geraniums on the market and not many knew of this plant. Now Americans are aware and so are the big boys!!

Blooms had Rozanne first and got Plant Breeders Rights for it for Europe. Jolly Bee appeared last year from Holland and they said it was the same parents or something like that.

I told Blooms about the similarity and they are doing genetic testing just now to see if they are the same plant.

Jane, an ex member, and I grow the plants side by side and there is no difference at all.

below is a series of photos I took for Blooms

Thumbnail by mark

Jolly Bee

Thumbnail by mark

Rozanne (L) and Jolly Bee (R)

Thumbnail by mark

Rozanne and Jolly Bee again showing petal details and leaves

Thumbnail by mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.