Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Container Gardening: Pansies In Containers

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 255
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BeeSuite
Orland Park, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2003
11:48 AM

Post #592897

Greetings Friends,
Could anyone tell me if I should cut back the Pansies. They are beginning to look a bit shriveled up. There is also a lot of new growth and leaves coming up. I also saw some dried seeds. Any help would be appreciated. I live in zone 5A - Chicago. Thank you in advance for your help.
Giving God All The Glory,
Adrienne
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2003
12:05 PM

Post #592906

I cut mine way back even though it broke my heart. Once the weather gets hot and they get leggy , it seems to give them a rest and revitalization . They are coming back nicely now.I found some very small seedlings underneath them once I cut the bushiness off. Mine are the type that bloom in the cool weather, so I am hoping the seedlings will be blooming size by the fall. They lived through last winter and even bloomed in the snow. Good luck with yours. Lou

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 424 Oct 13, 2014 10:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America