AuthorContent
suncatcheracres
Old Town, FL

August 7, 2003
2:27 AM

Post #607068

Angel Trumpet, Angel's Trumpet 'Ecuador Pink'
Brugmansia versicolor

Same plant as Spring picture, but in August, with more heat and sun, the plant has lighter green leaves and the flowers open and stay a paler pink, instead of opening white and then turning a darker pink the second day as in the Spring. Zone 8b, Northcentral Florida.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/3045/

Thumbnail by suncatcheracres
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Leeerma
Lanett, AL
(Zone 8a)

August 13, 2003
8:17 AM

Post #613727

Beautiful..Do you have seeds for sase?
suncatcheracres
Old Town, FL

August 18, 2003
3:58 AM

Post #619535

Not yet. This is a very young plant I bought this Spring from a nursery in Gainesville, Florida. It has had at least a half dozen sets of blooms since then, each slightly different, but so far no seed pods.

The problem may really be a lack of pollinators, as I live deep in the woods and haven't established a garden yet. I hardly ever see bees--just lots of butterflies, dragonflys and hover flys. Actually I have no idea what kind of pollinator this plant requires--I'll have to try to find out!

If I ever do get seed I will be glad to share. If you want you can send me your e-mail address, and I'll let you know if I ever do get some seed. I also have several "brug" seedlings doing well that I grew this spring and summer from some old seed that was given to me a few years ago labeled "pink and white" so I'm anxiously waiting for their bloom to see that I've got.

August 25, 2003: During some Brugmansia research I found out that Brugmansia arborea is the only brug that is self-fertile, so apparently I will need another plant in order to set some seeed with my Ecuador Pink. Maybe one of my new brugs I grew from seed will cross with this guy, and I will get something interesting. I obviously don't know a lot about these plants, but I am interested in learning.

This message was edited Monday, Aug 25th 3:33 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America