-
AuthorContent
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 10, 2003
8:55 PM

Post #611002

I just bought several different types of Rex Begonias and I plan on placing them on a ledge outside my kithcen window. The window overlooks my back gardens also.

I need to go buy me some new pots and was wondering if I should buy all the same type/color to give this area some unity. The Rex's are in several different colors and shapes. I have seen so many pretty collections of potted groupings, but when I try it myself, it just doesn't look right. Any input here would be truly appreciated.

Thanks, Donna
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 11, 2003
5:45 AM

Post #611566

Donna, you can unify the grouping by using several techniques. Buy all the same planters. Buy different planters but all the same color. Buy all the same planter but in different colors. Chose a color and make all the planters different in texture and size... In other words give the grouping a single thing to tie them together Size, Shape, Color, Texture..pick one or more of these and you have a unified group that still has character and interest.
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 11, 2003
6:11 AM

Post #611581

Thanks for making it sound so easy. lol

I completely understand what you are saying, so I guess I will have to go out and do some pot shopping this week. I will post a picture of it when I get it all finished.

Donna
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 11, 2003
6:35 AM

Post #611588

LOL! It is easy once you decide which way you want to go...it is making up your mind and sticking to it that can be hard once you get to shopping and see all the possibilities! I'll be watching for your picture:~)
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 24, 2003
10:59 PM

Post #626433

Zany, I finally found the pots I liked and they came in several of my colors. I planted these up this week...what do you think? The plants still need to grow up alittle, so you don't have the full effect yet.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
Click the image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

August 24, 2003
11:26 PM

Post #626470

Donna, I love your arrangement of pots. They look so pretty.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 25, 2003
5:36 AM

Post #626759

They look great. Keeping them all the same size and shap but varying the colors really makes it look pulled together without being boring. But you needed to move over just a little to take the picture...I can't see all of you in the reflection ;~)
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 25, 2003
3:26 PM

Post #626952

Thanks Zany for the compliment and I appreciate your help in giving me the idea for this project.

I did move!!!... back into the middle so you "wouldn't" see me. hehe

Donna
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

August 25, 2003
10:07 PM

Post #627235

I saw you hiding, Donna!

Very pretty arrangement of pots!

Hope to be there to see them in person very soon!

SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 26, 2003
4:55 AM

Post #627758

Can't fool you Arlene...

So when are you coming back again. I know you were out here for your Step daughters wedding, but I didn't even mentioned that you try to come by as you would be so busy. Can't wait for another great visit and lunch is on me this time. hehe

Donna
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

August 26, 2003
8:22 AM

Post #627835

Hopefully before you go to round up

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America