CONGRAT'S to our very own Jody Spaulding !!!!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I just wanted to let you guy's know that over at the Hosta Library there was a Photo Contest going on for Pic's of Hosta that are not already in the Library!

Well over the past month of so there were BUNCHES of Hosta listed by BUNCHES of people and they announced the winner's the other day and our VERY OWN MISS. JODY (with 8 new entry's) was in 7th place!!!! WOW

Now not only will Jody SOON have her picture's in the Library but she also WON 2 FANTASTIC Hosta!!!!

WAY TO GO JODY, I for one am very proud of you and can't wait to see your name under your hosta over at the Library!!!

Jody please tell everyone the name's of the 2 hosta that you picked out as your winner's!!!!

YOU GUY'S are gonna love this!!!!!!

sue

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Congrats - and please tell us which pictures you submitted so we can look at them when they're added to the library!

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

CONGRATULATIONS, Jody!!! Yes, please tell us what you've won AND which photos you have posted! John

(Zone 5b)

Congratulations Jody!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Way to go Jody! Celebration time!!! I can hardly wait till you tell us what ones you picked out for your good shots.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

*blush*

Gosh ya'll it was nothing ... really. But thank you very much.

It's not easy to find a hosta in the yard that isn't yet in the library, I'm just glad to be able to contribute to it.

There was another winner that wanted the 2 hosta I picked which were maid marian and little john. I told Bob to let her have them and just surprise me. So I'll have to wait a little bit before I know what I'll get.

I'm a gardener, not a photographer, LOL. So the pics aren't much to look at ...but at least they will let folks know what the hostas look like until somebody can send in descent pictures ;) I even offered to Bob to retake them untill he got a nice one if he wanted, LOL. He said no he'd use those, he's a real gem of a person.

Ummm, I'd have to look again but some were whiskey sour, heart broken, garden party, mardi gras and tidewater. Some of which I got at the convetion this year. If you look at the photo contest link and view the entries all new pics are listed with who submitted them. There were a lot of new pics added this summer! :)

Thanks again Sue and everyone
((((((((()))))))))

Oh... and don't forget that you can put your own pics right here in our very own hosta database :)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Congrats Jody! I hope he send the hostas you wanted. You are always so generous... you deserve them!

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Congratulations Jody!!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Way to go, girlfriend! I can attest to Jody's beautiful Hosta collection!! Most are growing in the shade protected by her Leyland Cypress trees or along the paths of her main garden. Her awesome Hosta collection co-habitates in her beautiful yard surrounded by her awesome Day Lilies and lovely water garden. No wonder they are so happy!

Why don't you ask her to post some of the pictures I took last month of her lovely gardens? (hint, hint)

P.S. I'll be in deep doodoo again!!!

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 13th 1:45 PM

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7a)

Plleeezze post some pictures and let us see what Shirley is talking about.

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

PICTURES! PICTURES! We want PICTURES!

LimeyLisa Kay ;~D

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Congratulations Jody, and yes post some pictures of your hosta and garden. I am still limited by the amount of shade I have available for hostas. Donna

chanting all of us together now; pictures, pictures, pictures

Jody's water garden.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Different view of her water garden.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Jody needs to narrate these pictures.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

More beautiful views.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Time to relax after working hard in the garden!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Hosta, hosta, and more hostas!!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Jody's other love....daylillies!!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Her gardens taken at a different angle.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

When Jody's not working in her beautiful gardens, you can find her in the greenhouse.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Her "wishing" garden....

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Her tropical garden...

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Last but certainly not least....a beautiful flower peeking through her trees in the front yard. Jody please identify it.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Jody your gardens are magnificent. Shirley, thanks for posting these pictures.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful garden Jody!!! Shirley thank's for the tour!!!!

sue

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

go jody!!!

(Zone 5b)

Beautiful! And if I remember right, Jody you posted a winter picture of your garden in winter that looked better than mine in summer - everything is so perfect!

Just gorgeous! I don't know how you get it all done.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7a)

I do not want to look at pictures anymore. Anytime I look at pictures I feel I have to make changes to my garden.

Hobart, IN(Zone 5a)

Congratulations Jody! Thanks for sharing the photos, Shirley, everything is gorgeous.

lol bleek me too!

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Such a feeling of "home" in these pictures. A garden like a living room, all the different furnishings!..... I think I like the daylily walkway best! You must be easy to be with, Jody, if your yard is any measure. And sure enough thanks to Shirley, for cherishing Jodie's love of her plot of land!

Peter

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks everyone! Thanks for posting the pics Shirley.

Ya'll wouldn't believe how much everything has grown in the last 5-6 weeks since Shirley was here. Really looks like a "jungle" around the pond. I'll try to get some updated pics, and some of the "hosta walk" along the cypress's. The hosta look a little sad now though, between the heat and the darn slugs!

Carver, MA(Zone 5a)

Jody
I want you to know how honored I am to know you.Good for you .Way to go. It couldn't have happened to a better person
Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.