Photo by Melody

Dave's Garden FAQ: Can I post more than one image per message?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 19, Views: 918
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Happenstance
Northern California, CA

August 23, 2003
2:44 AM

Post #624833

Can I post more than one image per message?
dave

August 23, 2003
2:47 AM

Post #624841

No, one picture per post. You can, however, have multiple posts per thread, and each post can have a picture.
softballkid4u
Quinton, VA

June 28, 2004
1:43 PM

Post #929064

How can I post a picture? Do you know?
Thanks Angelo
Softballkid4u
Happenstance
Northern California, CA

June 28, 2004
8:27 PM

Post #929509

Angelo -

Just visit one of the forums like Photos, Roses, Brugmansias, whatever your pleasure.

Type in your message, go to the "Browse" button below the message box, choose the image from whatever directory you store it in on your hard drive, click OK, click preview to review your message and make sure you have the image you want. If all is well, hit Send. That should do it!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2004
7:26 AM

Post #930308

Posting similarly-themed photos in one thread makes good sense. There's more continuity if you post photos from a single event or theme in one thread rather than in separate threads. Visitors can follow the "story" in one thread instead of having to find all those separate threads for the rest of the pictures and information.

Additionally, it is a courtesy to DG members to combine multiple photos in one thread so other new threads are not bumped back to 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages and missed.

Here's some step-by-step instructions on posting photos: http://davesgarden.com/j/viewentry/24595/
Missie_
Denham Springs, LA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2004
12:21 AM

Post #935288

I do understand how to upload a pic, but I'm having problems understanding how to upload more than one pic at a time. In Aug. Dave says there's no way to do it, however, I did see someone post 2 pics at a time just today??? I would love to know how to do this.

Thank you,

Missie :) :) :)

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2004
12:28 AM

Post #935293

Missie, if there are two pictures within a single post (not within a thread, but within a post-within-a-thread) chances are good they used a photo editor to merge/combine their images into one.

You can post as many pictures to a single thread as you'd like. But each one will go in its own post, and you'll need to include some text in the message box for them to upload (that requirement prevents people from accidentally posting the same picture over and over again, when they don't realize they've gotten in a loop and hit the submit button repeatedly ;o)
Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2004
12:28 AM

Post #935294

Yes , I saw a post also and I believe there were more than 2 Pictures...it might have been Shirley ( Brugie ) on the Brugmansia and Friends Forum.
Perhaps somebody can tell us,
Brigitte
Missie_
Denham Springs, LA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2004
1:46 AM

Post #935375

I know exactly who it was because I noticed that she/he was from Osaka Japan!!! It was "TomTom"!

This is the thread! Scroll down a bit and you'll see here images that were posted yesterday/July 1st. Do you know how this was done?

http://davesgarden.com/t/435298/

I find it time consuming to have to add text for more than one pic too.

Thank you Terry, for your help!

Missie :~)

This message was edited Jul 2, 2004 7:51 PM

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2004
1:48 AM

Post #935381

She combined them and submitted them as a single image file. You'd have to ask her how she did that. (You can also check out the computer talk forum for tips for selecting and using photo editing software.
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 3, 2004
1:50 AM

Post #935388

I use Irfanview and do panoramic images. Irfanview is a free download. I have other software, but this one is the fastest and easiest for me.

http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=897954

This message was edited Jul 2, 2004 8:52 PM
Missie_
Denham Springs, LA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2004
1:54 AM

Post #935393

Wow, you're quick Terry! I was in the process of editing my last mesg. when you replied!

Thank you for all your help! I might just have to find the right software!

Missie :~)
Missie_
Denham Springs, LA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2004
1:57 AM

Post #935396

And... Thank you Brugie!!! :)

BTW- I'm a new member here and absolutely love this neat little site!!! I'm a full time mom, have a full time job and am a Girl Scout leader during the school year. I've been enjoying every minute of my surfing here and have learned ALOT!

Thank you DG!!!!!
sarahjo80
Loveland, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 29, 2006
1:48 PM

Post #2008145

I'm famous for confusing people with this, so I thought I'd post a reply about it. No, you cannot post multipe picture FILES at once. But I tend to make little collages of pictures in Paintshop Pro, and post one FILE with several merged photos that I've "glued" together.

Eventually, (to be read: when my homework is done ;) which may be in May, I will post a tutorial about this, as I know others want to do it, too. Of course, my tutorial will be in PaintShop Pro, as that is the only piece of software I have which can do this.

Happy posting!

Sarah

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2006
1:20 PM

Post #2721893

I have a scanner. I put both pictures in and scan. I send it to a ''my pictures'' folder. Then I browse and select my double photo.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 21, 2007
4:22 AM

Post #3640026

What a good idea!
Ticker
Lisbon, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2007
4:51 PM

Post #3675286

How do you post photos from on-line services such as photobucket?
nap
Buffalo, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #3712953

Ticker, I just found your question, which is over a week old. In case you haven't gotten your answer yet, please read this tutorial from Gardenwife's journal.

http://davesgarden.com/journal/j/viewentry/10202/
Ticker
Lisbon, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2007
1:52 AM

Post #3712969

Thanks. :)
David_Paul
Clinton, CT
(Zone 6b)

July 24, 2007
12:58 AM

Post #3771113

Brugie... I use Irfanview all the time and never noticed it does panoramas until you mentioned it. This is great. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM
Can I change my username? Terry 5 Aug 13, 2009 2:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America