Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Dave's Garden FAQ: Is it OK to mention something plant related that you sell?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 4, Views: 291
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
picturelady
San Jose, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2003
2:05 PM

Post #626881

Not sure if this is OK or not. Is this considered advertising? I guess what I am really asking is it is OK to advertise your own products?
This may be answered in the sign up readings, I guess I just didn't read them closely enough.
Margie
flowox
Newark, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2003
2:08 PM

Post #626883

picturelady, if you wish to sell items you have the option of setting up your own member store here at DG. If you look over to the right in the menu bar you'll see Member Stores, you can click on it and explains everything :)
picturelady
San Jose, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2003
2:22 PM

Post #626891

Thank you flowox,
That looks great. Just the info. I was looking for.
Margie

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2003
10:35 PM

Post #627261

If you read around in the threads,you'll sort of get the hang of etiquette on selling stuff.

There are several members here who have great businesses and while no one advertizes anything,there's no harm in mentioning in the context of a conversation that you have a business and what you do.

We are all careful about being commercial,the Member Stores are for that.And it's just another perk of being a subscribed member to have access to selling your wares.

But you will find refrence to businesses here and there around the site,and Dave is most lenient in letting people discuss their businesses. We can pretty much decide for ourselves what is crossing the line. If you have doubts about it...it's probably crossing the line.

flowox
Newark, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2003
12:50 AM

Post #627363

you are very welcome :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America