Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Dave's Garden FAQ: Why do my favorite site hyperlinks point back to DG?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 2, Views: 252
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 25, 2003
4:30 PM

Post #627010

The hyperlinks to my homepage and my favorite webpages on my DG member page just link back to my member page, not to the sites I typed in. Why?

You must type in the complete URL's of your favorite sites, including the "HTTP://" at the beginning of the address. If you just start out with "WWW", it does not go through correctly.

This message was edited Monday, Aug 25th 4:47 PM

PotEmUp

PotEmUp
Fremont, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 3, 2005
3:50 PM

Post #1906172

It should also be noted that you need to be careful at the end of the hyperlink NOT to add any additional punctuation, like a period (.) or a comma (,). This is all read as part of the hyperlink and generally causes it not to work.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 4, 2005
5:20 AM

Post #1907135

Great point, George!

So, if you click another person's link and it comes up as "page not found", look at the URL up in your address bar and see if there's a comma or period dangling at the end. If there is, try clicking up in the address bar and deleting the offending character, then hit enter.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America