-
AuthorContent
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2001
9:28 PM

Post #5577

I was told the seeds were Kiwi but are they? Two plants grew from each seed and they were black and shaped like 1/2 of a horses hoof. Actually it's kind of a cool looking plant...it's several plants in the picture. It is vine like in growth and the leaves are only about 3-4" long right now. It is still very young and has not bloomed yet.Good Luck! and Thank you

This message was edited Tuesday, May 29th 5:30 PM

Thumbnail by weebus
Click the image for an enlarged view.

poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

May 29, 2001
10:51 PM

Post #78252

Weebus - the foliage looks like it might be cerinthe. It's an annual and there's a variety called 'Kiwi Blue'. I grew it last year and it started easily from seeds. I put a couple of picture of it in my journal http://davesgarden.com/gj/poppysue/viewentry/6984.html
Mary

May 29, 2001
10:59 PM

Post #78254

Doesn't look anything like the plant I grew from Kiwi seeds. They had red hairy stems and huge hairy quilted sort of leaves, and the seeds were tiny black dots.
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2001
1:26 AM

Post #78290

Thank You Poppysue, I think you are absolutely right. Actually, now that I found out it is a flower, perennial evergreen, I am even more excited. I wasn't so hot on the Kiwi but I LOVE flowers.

Weebus

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 8 Jul 2, 2010 2:47 PM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America