Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Dave's Garden FAQ: Why can't we choose more than one pollbooth answer?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 3, Views: 236
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 4, 2003
1:14 PM

Post #637467

This question/request comes up frequently, especially when the question has several applicable responses.
lupinelover
Grove City, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2003
3:02 AM

Post #641313

So? Why can't we???

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2003
12:18 AM

Post #642264

Well, Dave would have to tell you the technical reasons why we can't.

From a practical standpoint, the pollbooth isn't meant to accurately/scientifically measure anything - it's just a way to get us conversing about a topic, and it's kind of fun to know if you're in the majority, or "odd man out" on various topics. Have you noticed how sometimes a person you might have thought you have nothing in common with leaves a comment that is exactly what you might have written? Poll questions can draw us closer together, and let us find out more about each other - things that we might not think to tell one another unless somebody asks.

Since non-subscribed members can also participate, it's often their first interaction with DG subscribers, and hopefully they see we're a pretty fun, lively bunch of gardeners here! ;o)
dave

September 9, 2003
12:32 AM

Post #642280

Here's the technical reason:

Short answer: It would take much more time to program.

Longer answer: When I first made the voting booth, I didn't think anyone would ever want a multiple-selection capability, so I programmed it to only accept one answer. To change that now would mean almost re-writing the voting booth from scratch, which I really just don't want to do, since it's working so well. So,it's a matter of priorities. :)

Dave

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America