-
AuthorContent
MistyMeadows
Payneville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 4, 2003
1:50 PM

Post #637514

Well,I bailed out of the market on Tuesday. We had four days of torrential downpours and we are going to change our farm name to Mucky Meadows instead of Misty Meadows ha,ha...

Cannot walk in these fields. It rained again yesterday and the sun is semi out today. It is about 70 out and suppose to go to 80. Hopefully it will dry out well enough to pick tomorrow for Saturday's market.

Ralph did go to Louisville to do our CSA delivery. (If you're not sure what that is you can check us out at http://www.localharvest.org or http://www.kyagr.com/mistymeadowsfarm.htm or you can also look us up on the USDA CSA listing at http://www.usda.gov He tries to bring extra for sale when he does his delivery, but this week there were not many people coming in to buy. So, it was not a fruitful week thus far for us.

We did have a lot of corn left from the weekend and called up as many as we could think of to come and get some. Wish I could have shared with y'all because it was wonderful corn called Bodacious. My daughter's MIL came out and we husked almost 4 bushel for her to take home and put up. I told her it was easier for her to shuck it here and we could throw the husks in our compost or for our chickens. She agreed she didn't want all that mess at her house :) I even got a dear friend of mine who doesn't like to cook to put up several ears in her freezer. She is impressed with herself that she will have corn come winter time. I am proud of her :)...

Well, I am going to try to can some tomatoes today, make some granola for the market, make some pie dough, cut up apples and peaches, make some cookie dough and then relax for the other half of the day. LOL

Have a great day all. See you Saturday.
Kathy @ Misty Meadows Farm

This thread hasn't received any replies yet. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America