Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Dave's Garden FAQ: How do I post a picture to my thread?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 7, Views: 648
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2003
1:52 AM

Post #641227

Can someone give me easy to follow steps to adding a picture to my thread.
What about in someone else's thread?

I need help with posting a pic please.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2003
12:32 PM

Post #643866

Just click the 'browse' button at the bottom of the reply box.This will bring up the different places in your computer where you can store your pictures.

Click on the heading where your pictures are stored.This will bring up another window.Select the picture that you want to post and hit the 'open' button in that window.

This will open it into the file at DG where it will post in the link. Hit "preview" just like you do when posting to a thread and check your picture to make sure it's the one you want. If so,hit 'submit'.

If you've messed up and it's not the right picture,just hit your 'back' button and repeat the first steps.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2003
2:21 PM

Post #643957

Thanks Melody, I was hoping someone would come along and give the step by step instructions for this. I am no good with explaining things so that is why I didn't answer my own question. LOL

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2003
3:16 PM

Post #644033

You must also put some message in the text box in order to post an image. (If you don't, you won't see the "send" button after you preview it.)
eweed
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

May 16, 2004
10:22 PM

Post #872707

Thank you I can print this out and maybe it will work for me

This message was edited May 16, 2004 2:24 PM
Nedhudson1
Thorne Bay, AK
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2008
4:29 PM

Post #4751106

It takes me 3-5 minutes to upload pictures from my computer due to my dialup internet.Is there any way I could use the BROWSE to access my Photobucket pictures?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 3, 2008
8:07 PM

Post #4752041

I don't think you can put in pics from anywhere besides your hard drive right now. But if your photobucket page is open to the public, you can always just include a link to it instead of posting the actual picture. Probably won't get quite as many people to look at it that way, but if someone's really interested to see what you have then they will take the time to visit the link.
Nedhudson1
Thorne Bay, AK
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #4752158

Thanks,Ecrane-I guess I'm stuck with the long upload.I think I know how to post the link to pics & you're right,it's nice to see a thumbnail first.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America