-
AuthorContent
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

January 19, 2001
3:29 AM

Post #643

Today's mail brought a beautiful full color flyer with fabulous pictures of daylilies, lilies, and hostas. For a snowbound northerner it was very exciting to get this shot of color for my day! They came from Gilbert H. Wild and Son of Sarcoxie, Mo. Website: www.gilberthwild.com I haven't looked at the website but the flyers were great! Prices looked good too, affordable for the average gardener. You can't believe how badly I want it to be spring! Or maybe you can if your ground is frozen and everything is white.
jody
MD &, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2001
11:31 AM

Post #47974

Hi MaryE
I ordered several day lilies from them last fall, was very pleased with the order. Considering some of the stargazers from them this spring...
Happy Gardening!
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2001
12:00 PM

Post #47977

I love the Gilbert & Wilde catalog. I've ordered a lot of daylilies from them. I got my peonies and few lily bulbs from them too. They have lots of sales on selected stock throughout the year and you can get some good bargains. I've been happy with their plants but I think they ship things a bit too late in the fall for us North zoners. I did a big daylily order with a couple of co-workers last year and they didn't come until October. I hope everything makes it.
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

January 19, 2001
3:25 PM

Post #48029

I see that they also grow Peonies and Iris, but I didn't get any pictures of those. This literature I got just had lilies, daylilies and hostas, so they must have a regular catalog? I have daylilies on order from another grower but it is nice to have pictures to brighten the days till I can start digging a new flower bed where they will live.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America