Photo by Melody

Books, Movies, and TV: While in NYC......

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 7, Views: 108
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stellapathic
Cambria, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2003
2:48 AM

Post #655853

This is my good friend Gregory. He's a stupendous singer and if you're in NYC during the running of his show, be sure to check him out.

Thumbnail by stellapathic
Click the image for an enlarged view.

stellapathic
Cambria, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2003
2:49 AM

Post #655856

Here's some of the PR.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2003
4:42 AM

Post #655957

Man, I SO wish we could go and see that show. If I wasn't using my free voucher to go visit Lisa, I'd see if Howie wanted to use the vouchers to see that show in NYC! It sounds like wonderful fun.
stellapathic
Cambria, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2003
5:08 AM

Post #655973

Gregory just called this morning and he's so excited about doing this. He's totally into the 30's crooner-tunes and he's so good at it. I'm sorry that I'm working and can't go either. But he's working on a show in LA, which is much more doable for me, though I wouldn't be able to hang out with him on his home turf. He was so cute when I told him about DG and all the different forums here. He said he'd be the 'godetia' and I'd be the 'nemesia'. Relating to a combo we did with those plants that we affectionately called "Leticia."
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2003
5:36 AM

Post #655994

Oh, us, too. Howie and I listened to a lot of big band music when we were dating, and used it in our wedding. Our processional was Bing Crosby's "Sunday, Monday or Always" and the recessional was Doris Day's "On the Sunny Side of the Street".

The latter's timing couldn't have been more perfect if we'd planned it. As the clarinet solo played in the song's introduction, the wedding party exited the sanctuary. Just as it wrapped up -- just as Pastor Curt had his foot out and poised to step down off the platform -- Doris' voice rang out:

Grab your coat, get your hat
Leave your worries on the doorstep
Just direct your feet
To the sunny side of the street

Pastor Curt paused, kind of shrugged his shoulders and started down the steps! The whole place broke up!

We have a lot of happy big band memories!
stellapathic
Cambria, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 9, 2003
11:57 PM

Post #676017

This week's review. I'm so happy for him.

Thumbnail by stellapathic
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 10, 2003
3:22 AM

Post #676256

Oh, oh, oh! I wish we could see their performance! I love Torme's "I Cover the Waterfront"; it's on one of those compilation CD's of Mel Torme music, and I just love how he sang that.
stellapathic
Cambria, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 10, 2003
3:51 AM

Post #676296

Hopefully Gregory's CD will be available soon. I keep buggin him. Just wait 'til you hear this guy. He used to live in the apartment next to me and even his practicing scales was a treat. I can't imagine that he's done anything but a beautiful job with these songs. The Boswell Sisters one made me giggle. We often sat around my kitchen table, drinking wine and playing scrabble, listening to the Boswell Sisters. Oh, nostalgia, such a sweet thing.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America