Pecans, coming down like rain

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Anyone got pecans falling yet?
These are first and in just 2 days the yard under the trees is covered...cracked a few and are they delicious....Pecan pies coming up..... :o)

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey ,if I send you some postage will you send me some?can send you 10-20 bucks

Some for me but lots for my Macaw

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I didn't know Macaw's liked pecan pies? I'll see what I can do... LOL

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL Dee, I have like 4 trees, all that have bared nutz in the past few years over abundantly, but this year only one of my trees are baring. Seems the water from so much rain rotted the other trees fruit.

Ok email me a pie!!!! Pecan pie is my most favorite pie in the world. **sigh**

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

I meant the pecans LOL,although the macaw would love a pie!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL chik...them bird will eat anything ya give 'em. I have a african grey timeleh, 2 of them lol...they are PIGS!!!! And pecans...they take the whole pecan and crack 'em themselves as Im sure yours do too lol...Absolutely adorable!

Ok when can I expect my pecan pie????? lol

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

heeey,if I plant one would I actually get a tree?

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes crestedchik, you would. The squirrels do all the planting for me......

I have Pecan Trees coming up on fence lines, besided trees and everwhere else... I watch them in the yard "Hide'n" there stash, then in the spring all these little pecan trees are coming up everywhere.....

The pecan tree has a really long tap root so you can't pull them out. If you mow them they will keep sprouting from the tip. So I have to get a shovel and dig it deep enough to kill the plant. If you don't get rid of these and walk in the yard barefooted it is painful......:op...LOL
Dee

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL,so its like my yard with silver maples.......
I'd rather have your yard.....

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I love the Silver Maples.....but they don't do really well here, It dosen't get cold enough for them to be real pretty and they are very weak.........I have had two and the storms took them down before they were very big..........The ones in my yard in Tennessee were beautiful, I miss them and all the others that were so pretty in the fall.......
:o)
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.