Pet pictures (you know me)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I didn't get pictures of all the four-foots, but I got some. Here's Scout trying to befriend Sammie, Momcat's afghan hound. Sammie's the one which had the broken leg earlier this year - http://davesgarden.com/t/365012/

Sammie didn't know what to think!

I was so surprised by how deep a bark these very light-weight dogs have! It shocked me to hear those great booming voices coming out of those slight frames!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

This is Fudge, the official Prizer Point dog. He's an enormous chocolate lab and we soon saw how he maintains his boyish figure: He makes his rounds and begs, plus he eats the other dogs' food! And I'm sure there are few dogs (or people) who challenge him when he does.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It took a couple of days, but by Sunday, Emma was playing with Fudge.

C'mon, betcha can't get me!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

How can I put this delicately for Fudge's sake? Fudge lacks that certain agility that Emma prides herself in. ;)

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The lusterous, lady Carley, Mel's dog -- err -- princess. ;)
No chewed leash this year, because Mel and Keith got Carley a coated steel tie-out!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I can't give Fudge too much flack, because our dogs beg just as much...

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Especially when it's bacon, sausage and eggs frying in a skillet a mere four feet away...

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Okay, equal time for cats! Rocky is quite the talker, pictured here on SoCal's shoulder Friday afternoon.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Eventually he settled down...

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

But then DONNA started talking! Poor Rocky...Kitty can't get any sleep.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

These are the Cajun kitties Lisa brought with her. They'd been restless, and Sally had the idea of putting her soft stuffed kitty near them. Well, you can see that was a great idea!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sarah liked the water, but didn't get in too deep. Emma was a chicken (but, to be fair to dear Emmy, the water was pretty chilly).

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

OH, I see that Willow is not above begging, either...Heh. ;)

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sarah really is spoiled...Comfy chair, laptop, coffee maker, gigantic travel coffee mug. You can tell she's our dog.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Poor short-haired and thin-skinned Emma was freezing Sunday. Next year we'll bring her fleece coat! She was *very* relieved to get in the car, and curled right up on the driver's seat.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sarah didn't seem cold, but she didn't turn down the opportunity to snuggle into the dogbed in the back seat.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Just this one more, I promise. On Friday, when it was warmer, Emma was content to lounge on the ground. Sarah looks like the cat that ate the canary!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Great shots! I like the pic of you all together.. I like the way it look ( natural).

Crossville, TN

Great photos....you should have brought that stamp pad for autographs! Jo

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Sarah & Emma sure are cool dogs, aren't they? Sarah is such a lover and poor Emma, I do think she may have liked having her coat at the RU. I'd of never thought it would be that chilly myself, but I do prefer the cooler weather over the heat! I think it would be fun to have Emma & Sonic play together, Kim!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Is your yard fenced in?

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

It's fenced twice, just for Sonic on the second electrical fence! The other dogs will stay in the yard with the normal fence.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

We should set up a puppy play date. We could come and visit you since you have a fenced in yard. I'm sure they would love that.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I enjoyed meeting all these pets as much as their owners. I was looking forward to meeting Emma and Sarah since they are famous now. lol I also did a lot of bonding with Carly, Mels little dog, and Stacy's dog Buster. I just love animals and enjoyed them all.

The kitties were just too precious and I couldn't stop holding them. Lisa tried to talk my DH into letting me have one but his comment was "she can have a kitty or the internet"...guess you know which one I had to give back. hehe

So Kim, are you saying I talk too much? hehehehe I couldn't stop talking for the whole 3 days, but I did a lot of listening too.

Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You didn't talk a shade more than I did, Donna. :) It was great seeing everyones' critters.

Oh, I posted the turtle tale: http://davesgarden.com/t/402500/

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

There where so many great dogs there we could have had are own DG dog show.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I got to see Carley do tricks at our camp - she's a quick study, looks like.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Howie, a play date would be fun ☺ It's weird, though. Morph is GREAT when he is alone. But, when other dogs have visited us like our inlaw's dog, he gets VERY protective of Sonic and kind of ruins all the fun. I rarely see him like that, but he & Sonic have bonded quite a bit. Our other IG considers herself an "only" dog and just acts that way ~ lol! She's the "real" boss and everyone has to put up with her idiosyncrasies. She's older and really just lets them play and every once in awhile she'll give her two cents and then go curl up somewhere. Do you & Kim have a fenced yard? I do think that Sonic & Emma would be blast to watch play :)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

No we don't have a fenced yard. I wish we did. Oh well it was a nice thought.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Terrific photos Kim - as always!!!!! :-)

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

All such sweet pictures...I wish Buster had better social skills. He and Cooper would have had much more fun

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

What great pictures! It looks like the animals had as good a time as the people. All of those happy little faces made me smile this morning. Nat

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I just had to post this. This is Chester home missing us and wishing he was there with all the great dogs. Hey Hank and Vic here's Chester. lol

Thumbnail by mystic
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Awwwww, po', po' Chester...Next year, bring him along!

CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!! My man! Awwwww poor buddy, he wants to be at the ru with us! He brought a smile to Hank's face too! For those of you that haven't met Chester, he is one really cool dog! We tried to take him home in June but you know how dog owners are....they get a tad attached :-). Thanks for posting Peggy. Be sure to give him a hug for us!

Weatherford, TX(Zone 7b)

That cutie with the Iron skillet should do a Dennys Comercial! " I Said Sunny Side Up,NOT Over Easy" They look like great dogs and that Afgan was a hoot!! Ya just dont see them like we did in the early 70's. Whatever happened to all those Afgans anyway?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images