Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Talk: frost this morning

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 5, Views: 113
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marclay
markleysburg, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2001
4:39 PM

Post #5678

Had frost this morning in SWPA. Thank God for NWS being right on target. Had time to cover my annuals outside or move them under my big pines where they were ok. We are used to late frosts but this was a record low for us for this time of year. Is this a harbinger of what our crazy weather is going to be like this summer?
rhapsody
South of Boston, MA
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2001
4:42 PM

Post #78747

We were close to frost here in Massachusetts too. I hope it isn't a harbinger, but I am beginning to wonder. First we had temps in the 90s, then we had a cold spell. Since then, it seems to rain every day. Everything is growing very slowly! Let's keep our fingers crossed for better weather.
Dorothy
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

June 1, 2001
12:01 PM

Post #78978

frosted here in michigan toooooooooooooooo!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2001
12:09 PM

Post #78983

We're pointing our fans your way, hopefully some of our warm air will make it that far north!!!!
leya
New York, NY
(Zone 6a)

June 2, 2001
2:24 AM

Post #79250

Yikes, its pouring in NY right now. I transplanted my tomatoes (first time I ever grew anything from seed) during the last heat wave a few weeks ago. I just hope they'll survive the near-frost and non-stop rain with barely any sun.
SDoglover1512
Port Huron, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 2, 2001
10:34 AM

Post #79306

My poor plants have been poured on, had morning frost and suffered severe neglect this week(due to circumstances beyond my control)...AND THEY ARE THRIVING...t's as if someone is telling me that everything is going to be alright
Sandy
You can't see it..but i'm smilin'

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America