I have some photos I'd like to add to the database...how do I go about doing this? Thanks!
PDB: How do I add a plant photo to the database?
1. Log into the Plants Database, just as you log into Dave's Garden (login fields are in the right-hand column; enter the same username and password as you do for DG.)
2. Find the correct plant's entry. Try searching by cultivar name, or genus name. If you need help locating the specific plant, let me know.
3. Scroll down past the description and any comments that have been left for the plant until you see a hyperlink to "Upload a picture of this plant" click on that link.
4. Click on the "browse" link to search your hard drive (or re-direct it to the CD or wherever your image is stored on your computer.)
5. Once you've found the image, click on "Open" This will place the location of the image into the window on the PDB screen.
6. Provide a brief description - date and/or location taken, etc. If you want to say a lot about this plant, do it in a comment (separate process.)
7. Click on "Preview this image"
8. Click on "Submit" and wait until you receive a note indicating your image was submitted to the queue to be reviewed. (Do NOT hit your "back" browser arrow until you get this message, or the image will not load, or only partially load.
That's it - let me know if you need more help :o)
I think this needs to be added to the Dave's Garden FAQ forum. Terry did a great job explaining it.