Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Dave's Garden FAQ: PDB: How do I add a plant photo to the database?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 2, Views: 274
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DaleP6
Sarasota, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 10, 2003
5:16 PM

Post #676716

I have some photos I'd like to add to the database...how do I go about doing this? Thanks!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2003
8:47 PM

Post #676836

1. Log into the Plants Database, just as you log into Dave's Garden (login fields are in the right-hand column; enter the same username and password as you do for DG.)

2. Find the correct plant's entry. Try searching by cultivar name, or genus name. If you need help locating the specific plant, let me know.

3. Scroll down past the description and any comments that have been left for the plant until you see a hyperlink to "Upload a picture of this plant" click on that link.

4. Click on the "browse" link to search your hard drive (or re-direct it to the CD or wherever your image is stored on your computer.)

5. Once you've found the image, click on "Open" This will place the location of the image into the window on the PDB screen.

6. Provide a brief description - date and/or location taken, etc. If you want to say a lot about this plant, do it in a comment (separate process.)

7. Click on "Preview this image"

8. Click on "Submit" and wait until you receive a note indicating your image was submitted to the queue to be reviewed. (Do NOT hit your "back" browser arrow until you get this message, or the image will not load, or only partially load.

That's it - let me know if you need more help :o)
Terry
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2003
12:53 AM

Post #677030

I think this needs to be added to the Dave's Garden FAQ forum. Terry did a great job explaining it.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America