Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Confederate Rose, Cotton Rose (Hibiscus mutabilis)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Common name: Confederate Rose, Cotton Rose
Family: Malvaceae
Genus: Hibiscus
Species mutabilis

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/714/

Thumbnail by htop
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have a Confederate Rose and it doesn't turn from white to pink. It changes from dark to light pink. Mine was a gift. Where did you get yours? A lady in Florida wants one. I'm going to send her some seeds this fall when they are ready.

Iredell, TX

I have three Confederate Rose plants and none of them have white blooms. Do all true Confederate Roses have white blooms? If so, where can you purchase them? I bought all of mine at different nurseries and they all have pink blooms.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi,eloopj and clantonnaomi! I changed the wording of my description of this plant because it was obviously mileading. I add plants, photos and information to the database to be helpful, not confusing. Because we are limited in the number of words we can enter in the photo description, I cut out words that I should have left in. I meant to say that if the bloom is not a double and between 4 and 6 inches in diameter, your plant is not a Conferate Rose hibiscus.I apologize for not saying what I meant.My husband tells me "But, that's not what you said!" and I tell him, "You're just not listening!". Now I think maybe he has been right!! So I guess I had better apologize to him too! Thanks for you comments, they have been helpful. I did not add a rating to this plant because I have not grown it. My friends at the nursury pointed it out to tell me and I had to take a picture. I will add a rating with more information ... Thanks again. :o)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi htop, I've got a single and a double one! :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi, eloopj! I bet they are really fantastic. The blooms are really magnificent. I need a bigger yard! I have no place left to plant one of these where they would receive enough sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.