Photo by Melody

Dave's Garden FAQ: How do I buy a DG subscription for someone?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 7, Views: 363
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

October 26, 2003
11:32 PM

Post #692500

If I want to sign someone else up for Daves, what steps do I have to take and where? Can anyone help with this one?
dave

October 27, 2003
1:29 PM

Post #692876

Click on "Subscription" in your menu box, and then click on:

" Click here to add a one year subscription ($15) to your membership"

Then, on the next page, remove your username from the Recipient field and put in the username of the person who you are gifting. Proceed as normal from there and you'll be all set!

Once the subscription is paid and processed, you will get a reciept email, and the recipient of the subscription will also get a short note informing them that a subscription was purchased for them.

best,
dave
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

October 27, 2003
3:23 PM

Post #692945

Thanks Dave. I needed this information for a friend who wants to sign someone up. Hope this will help her.

Shirley
Iowagal
CHARITON, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2003
4:27 PM

Post #693011

I guess I am so dense you will have to snow again for me. I am trying to sign up a new member to DG and when I go to the second page and delete my name and type in the new member user name I get a new screen stating that the new user name does not exist - please try again. I have tried this 4 times now - so please help me understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks a bunch!!!

PS: Thank you Shirley for trying to help me too!!

This message was edited Oct 27, 2003 11:29 AM
dave

October 27, 2003
4:32 PM

Post #693015

The person has to be signed up first before they can get a subscription. If the user does not yet have a username, go here:

http://davesgarden.com/signup.php

enter in her email address and pick a username for her (or ask her what she would like to use) and sign her up.

Then you can use that username to subscribe them using the procedure above.

Dave
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

October 27, 2003
4:53 PM

Post #693032

Cool Dave...now if I want to sign up a non member in the future, is there a place for me to find this page again? For now, I bookmarked the page, but was thinking about people who have not gone through this before. Thanks for your help.
Iowagal
CHARITON, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2003
5:06 PM

Post #693044

Thank you soooooooooooo much for the help Dave. My little friend is now signed up and ready to be welcomed to Daves Garden. Her name is SticknLuLu.
back2back
Beverly Hills, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 14, 2004
12:48 AM

Post #869686

I keep trying it & it keeps not letting me do it. HELP!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America