-
AuthorContent
IndaShade
Kylertown, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 7, 2003
5:46 PM

Post #703353

I have 15 standard dwarf bearded iris seeds that came from a bee pod on Tweety Bird. (see picture) Will send them to the first person who sends me an e-mail and two .37 stamps.

FYI-These types of iris seem to prefer ~cold winters~ and don't do very well in warmer areas of the country. The seeds also need a period of freeze/thaw activity in order to germinate. I plant mine outside in a prepared bed in November and they germinate in the spring, and will continue to germinate for several years.

The only catch to any of my "For Postage" swaps, is that if you get something nice from the seeds that I am sending you, I want to see pictures!

Thumbnail by IndaShade
Click the image for an enlarged view.

epazota
Lakeland, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 7, 2003
11:05 PM

Post #703543

I think I qualify for the cold weather! I am zone 4. They look like beautiful iris. I would love to try some seed. Would it work to start the seeds inside?
Let me know if you think it might work for me.
Thank you,
Epazota
P.S. I love to take pictures
Dravencat
Edgewater, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2003
1:08 PM

Post #708343

That is such a beautiful flower if you ever have any more and can do an sase please I would love to get some too and take lots of pics for you.
Wandasflowers
Cedar Rapids, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2003
2:35 PM

Post #717702

Indashade, your gardens must be a wonder to see! So many colors of irises & daylilies. I can't wait to see blooms on the irises you sent me last summer. Can't I just skip winter?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Irises Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Irises forum dave 25 Jul 7, 2011 8:35 AM
autopsy photo! miss_kitty 10 Jun 11, 2013 1:18 PM
Another Iris? in need of identification mgh 33 Jul 6, 2007 10:03 PM
Trail Of Tears Iris starlight1153 15 May 2, 2010 6:44 PM
How to Hybridize Iris tazzy 23 Sep 18, 2007 1:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America