firespike seeds

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Does anyone know what firespike seeds look like? Does anyone have a picture of the seeds?

Thumbnail by rylaff
Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

You might find some info on the seeds here: http://www.google.com/search?q=firespike&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

rylaff, did you ever find an answer? I am curious also.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I could never find a good picture of what the seeds look like, although I found a couple of references made about seeds. I gave up. Hopefully, it will come back in the spring and I will look again.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

My firespike always comes back, if yours doesn't, I have plenty to share.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I can't believe I've found the name for my favorite fall blooming plant! I grow it in the shade and it blooms for well over 6 weeks and only stops when a hard frost kills it. I love this plant, and never knew its name. Everyone said it looks too tropical to grow here (Atlanta), but I've had mine for 4 years now and last January it got down to 8 degrees. Unfortunately, I've never noticed seeds of any kind. :-(

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

It should come back. I did not see any obvious seeds either. Hopefully, I will see it again in the spring.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

I rooted a few this summer with Root-tone in damp sand. They rooted very fast.

Honeybee

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i would like to have some seeds if you have any to trade or sase? plmk
moretz

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Moretz, I never did find those seeds! The plant has died down for the winter, but will return in the spring. Remind me, and I will root you some.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I was told (I haven't tried it) that once the flower stalk is brown and dry you shake it into a bag to collect seed. The same as porterweed. Never have gotten seed from them either...

Monterrey, Mexico

Id be interested on buying seeds of the firespike!

Email me at crawlmachine at hotmail dot com if you wanna sell some.

thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images