You've found the famous Dave's Garden website! Join this friendly global community that shares tips and ideas for home and gardens, along with seeds and plants!|
Check out the DG homepage for a brief overview of what you'll find in this gardening mega-site.
Salt Lake City, UT (Zone 6a)
|I've owned commercial-built greenhouses, and I have built and owned some from scratch. I believe the one I have now is about the best you can get for the money - for several reasons.
1) It is very strong, and will withstant virtually any amount of snow or wind.
2) It is less costly than the commercial models.
3) While not "portable" it can be disassembled and moved.
4) The Layout was planned by a man who is really expert in time management and volume production.
5) Built-in continuous ventilators running the length of the roof and along the walls make electric fans unnecessary.
6) If 8 or 10 mil dual or triple-wall polycarbonate is used, it is very efficient to heat.
The plans are 18 pages in PDF, viewable in Adobe Acrobat. I am happy to post them to this website, if someone can tell me how.
Meanwhile, I've included a picture along with this post.
Click the image for an enlarged view.
This thread has 90 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.
Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!
Other Greenhouse Threads you might be interested in: