Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

PlantFiles Pictures: Green Euryops, Bush Daisy 'Viridis' (Euryops pectinatus)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 9, Views: 146
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Azalea
Jonesboro, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 30, 2003
10:31 AM

Post #740076

Green Euryops, Bush Daisy 'Viridis'
Euryops pectinatus

I keep this potted and put it outside in the summer in full sun, I think it likes it's winter home better in the humid poolhouse for winter. It is in full bloom now in December. I likes lots of water.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/87406/

Thumbnail by Azalea
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deller
Newport News, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2004
9:15 PM

Post #749712

That is so unique. Love it!
SandPiper
Foley, AL
(Zone 9a)

May 30, 2004
6:02 AM

Post #889216

I have what is referred to as a "daisy tree" and it looks a lot like what you have. Am enclosing a picture of the flower. Would you tell me if this is like the flower on yours? Mine is also growing in a pot and blooms like crazy and is beautiful. Thanks for posting an answer... SandPiper...

Thumbnail by SandPiper
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Azalea
Jonesboro, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2004
9:50 PM

Post #889959

Sandpiper - it looks like the same thing. I hate to say that I no longer have this pretty tree. For some reason just a week before I took it out of my neighbor's poolhouse, the bottom of the trunk split and it began to die. I really don't think it was too much water because it was always thirsty. I tried cuttings but they died too. I have seen these recently at Lowes and Sam's Club. They are fairly expensive about $35. My hubby got mine on sale at the end of the season for $15.
SandPiper
Foley, AL
(Zone 9a)

May 31, 2004
6:47 PM

Post #891377

Azalea, so sorry to hear you lost the beautiful daisy tree. Must have been like losing a member of the family...Thanks for your help identifying my flower and it is now posted with your help. Hope you get another one... SandPiper...
jethro72
Princeton, MN

August 28, 2004
4:01 PM

Post #1023549

What kind of soil do these trees like. I live in MN and have had the plant for just over a year. Last summer it did great. I took the plant inside for winter and was doing fairly well in the beginning of summer. We had a storm that knocked it over and the pot it was in broke. It was replanted but the soil that was used was soil from around our pond instead of store bought potting soil. I believe the soil in our yard is very acidic. The tree is looking dead but the branches still feel soft. Anything I can try to help it come back? Thanks
Azalea
Jonesboro, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2004
12:57 AM

Post #1024087

I wish I could I could help you, I used a mixture of compost and commercial potting soil - don't know about the acidity. It seemed to wilt and dry out easily.
SandPiper
Foley, AL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2004
6:30 AM

Post #1024472

There is another thread about this same daisey tree in another forum. I don't know how to do the "link" to it, but it you look under the forums where this one is, you will find it, and perhaps it will have some pointers that can help you. let me know!
vince1973
SaintMalo
France
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2008
9:02 PM

Post #4429721

This is Euryops
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

August 3, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #5360399

The photo was moved to the Euryops pectinatus 'Viridis' entry. Thanks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America