Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Dave's Garden FAQ: Where can I find the list of threads I'm watching?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 8, Views: 475
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2004
12:46 AM

Post #749038

I know there's a page that lists all the threads I'm watching, even when nothing is new, but I can't find it right now. Where can I find it?

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2004
1:03 AM

Post #749055

Click on your Member Page (link is in the "About You" section in the right-hand column. One of your links you'll see is the list of threads you're watching.
DanaFL78
Leesville, LA
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2004
7:17 PM

Post #861521

Wouldn't it be cool and handy if we could watch threads right at the top of the same page of the forums we are watching? When the whole DG name change fiasco was going on, I noticed I was all of sudden watching a thread about the progress - and it happened to be right where I'd love to see other threads I am watching, on top of the forums. Is there a way I can make it do that instead of 3 clicks away - literally! Just a thought.
~Dana~

New edit - I guess it does that? Someone just responded to a post (Bless your heart Dixie) and it was up there. Weird.

This message was edited May 6, 2004 2:52 PM

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2004
11:53 AM

Post #873201

Dana, if there has been a new post from someone else (not your own post) to a thread you're watching, a link to the thead will appear at the top of your homepage.

You can view ALL the threads you're watchding - whether or not there's been any new activity in them - by going to your Member Page.
spklatt
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2005
5:09 PM

Post #1227965

This is an older thread...but it seems the closest to a question I have, so here goes... Is there a system limit to the number of threads we should be watching? I just noticed with some alarm that I'm watching 275 threads, and I expect that to keep growing...I am reluctant to miss anything, but I don't want to contribute to overburdening the system! Is there some point at which we should be going through our watched-threads list and culling the unwanted ones?

Shannon
dave

January 8, 2005
7:10 PM

Post #1228143

No need to cull - go ahead and watch all you want. Some members here are watching thousands of threads and it's not a problem.

Dave
spklatt
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2005
8:56 PM

Post #1228297

Great! Thanks, Dave.
nap
Buffalo, NY
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2006
5:44 PM

Post #1978547

Besides, I've noticed that sometimes months later someone will "bump" an old thread and this way you'll be notified of it, because you're still watching it.

Or to be more accurate, Dave's Garden is watching it for you, long after you've forgotten about it!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2010
8:07 PM

Post #7479848

Hey, this just answered my question of whether or not anybody (Dave) cares how many threads I'm watching. As part of cleaning up some un'solved' ID threads, I just weeded some down ... to about 2150.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America