Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Dave's Garden FAQ: Why did the nightly newsletter stop arriving?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 3, Views: 332
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 13, 2004
6:17 AM

Post #751770

I have been having a problem with the nightly newsletter not arriving. It is becoming quite frequent of late. Tonight I checked to make sure the preference box was checked before midnight. It wasn't, even though I had checked it off again yesterday but did not receive the newsletter. So before 11:00 p.m. on Jan. 12/04 I again checked the box asking that the newsletter be sent to me. At 2:10 a.m. when I checked there was no newsletter and sure enough when I checked the Preference Page the box was blank. What do I need to do, up until early Dec. I wasn't having a problem at all?D
dave

January 13, 2004
12:15 PM

Post #751858

The newsletter system at Dave's Garden automatically unsubscribes members from the mailings when the email address bounces. If you are no longer receiving the newsletter, it is likely that your email address has bounced back to us in recent times, and the system automatically unsubscribed you.

Getting back on the newsletter list is simple. Once you're logged in, go to your preferences page http://davesgarden.com/preferences.php and make sure that the check is placed in the newsletter checkbox (and make sure to click on Submit!)

You might also check with your ISP to determine what might have caused the bounce, so it doesn't happen again (ISPs shouldn't be bouncing legitimate mail for folks.) Please let us know if we can be of further service.
budzy
Springfield, OH
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2005
7:32 AM

Post #1698323

I have checked tyhe box for the news letter many times and have never recieved it once. Every time I go there it is checked. Please help.
Breezymeadow
Culpeper, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2005
9:36 PM

Post #1717154

I received an e-mail not too long ago advising that the e-mail newsletter was no longer being sent.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America