It's time to read and vote for your favorite article in the 2013 Write-Off Contest! The four finalist's articles are featured in the May 13 newsletter and can be found through this link. Hurry! Voting ends May 18.
You've found the famous Dave's Garden website! Join this friendly global community that shares tips and ideas for home and gardens, along with seeds and plants!
Check out the DG homepage for a brief overview of what you'll find in this gardening mega-site.
My gardens are becoming more & more perennial and I'm finding I have very little space for annuals left. I do love my annuals though and there are some that I just HAVE TO grow every year (or almost every year). Lets see ... here are my top 10 "Favorites"...
1) Poppies - (maybe more for sentimental reasons than anything)
2) Petunias - I always plant petunias for baskets and containers - I love their non-stop blooming
3) Cleome - These are just easy... easy...easy
4) Tithonia (Mexican Sunflower) - I love these. They're big, bright and colorful and the butterflies love them
5) Verbena bonariensis - I know this is perennial south of me but I grow it as an annual. It's just different and I like it! I don't think my butterflies would forgive me if I didn't have it
6) Lavatera - Just darn pretty!
7) Nicotiana - Have to have some of this every year in some shape, form and color
8) Datura - Unusual around here and such a beauty
9) California poppies - these re-seed like a weed but they're great for trouble spots in poor soil
10) Zinnias - I like the smaller old fashioned zinnias rather than the big fatties. Non-stop bloom and great for cutting