Photo by Melody

Dave's Garden FAQ: Why do I have to log into the PDB, too?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 9, Views: 362
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hotlanta
Lilburn, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 13, 2004
10:42 PM

Post #781032

Why do I have to log on every time I go into the Plant Database? The site has recognized me already.
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2004
1:15 AM

Post #781185

The Plants database is seperate from Daves Garden. Once you log into it you shouldn't have to log in again unless you sign out or clean out your cookies etc. Just because you are logged into Daves Garden you are not logged into the other sites unless you log in to them. Hope that made since.
hotlanta
Lilburn, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2004
2:03 PM

Post #781512

Absolutely, Mystic. Thanks!
Jenks
Social Circle, GA
(Zone 8a)

May 25, 2004
1:58 PM

Post #883110

Howdy neighbor!
hotlanta
Lilburn, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 7, 2004
3:41 AM

Post #899764

Howdy Jenks!!
I haven't been on line for a while for one reason or another. Sorry for the late come-back. Looks like we're in for a hot, dry summer around here and Gwinnett County has already sent up a water conservation program. I'm getting so frustrated!! How are you fairing?
Jenks
Social Circle, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 7, 2004
12:00 PM

Post #899960

Not too bad so far, but I've been using a soaker hose in most of my beds every couple of days for a few minutes. The mulched beds are doing much better than the veggie garden-maybe I'll mulch it as well! I am in Gwinnett, right on the edge of Walton. Are they starting the even-odd watering days again? Or is there a new idea?

I grew up in Lilburn, in Rivercliff, not too far down 78 from Stone Mountain. Across from Lowe's (where Alfonzo's used to be!) LOL But moved out to Loganville a few years ago. Trying to avoid the sprawl~ and it's not working! lol I work downtown though and the commute kills me. Anyway-nice to see someone so close to me!
hotlanta
Lilburn, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2004
2:21 AM

Post #905314

Hi Jenks;
The watering schedule had been written up in the AJC a few weeks ago; not sure which day. I'd clipped it out and stuck it on the frig. Just looked at it again and see that it is a "statewide" schedule--odd-numbered addresses may water lawns and wash cars Tues., Thurs., and Sun. Even-numbered and un-numbered addresses may water Mon., Wed., and Sat. Vegie gardens may be watered anytime. Of course, water using businesses are exempt. Think it is being followed much?
Jenks
Social Circle, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2004
2:25 PM

Post #905872

Nope, I've not heard mention of it. I just transplanted some Crepe Myrtles weekend before last in the front and was watering them constantly -I wondered why the cop was staring as he drove by-maybe that was why...I stopped reading the ajc last year. Now I skim through the foxnews website and try to catch the evening news for local stuff. Maybe I should, but I just don't think it's a very good paper. Maybe I'll try a smaller local paper.
SuzannesFlowers
Woodstock, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2004
11:08 PM

Post #906285

Hi from Woodstock, we are having water restrictions here too. I thought i read somewhere that new plantings could be watered anytime?? probably just wishful thinking. I got my water bill today and it did list what days I could water. Of course none are on my days off!! I just planted some baby hydrangeas, about 25, so I am planning to go out at midnight tonight and turn on the soaker hoses... I have become a midnight gardener, lol.
hotlanta
Lilburn, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 12, 2004
3:56 AM

Post #906540

Where there's the will, there's the way, right SuzannesFlowers? lol

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America