Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Accessible Gardening: Bad Disney Experience!

Communities > Forums > Accessible Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Accessible GardeningReplies: 13, Views: 494
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wolflover04
Watervliet, NY

February 17, 2004
3:06 PM

Post #784110

As if MS isn't bad enough the place of Magic burst my image of them! I longed to see my kids grow and bring them to see the Magic Kingdom. Well I was equipped with the neck coolers and a Dr's note saying I had MS and needed some special assistance. Well, Sea World and Universal were AMAZING they gave me a pass to get in a special entrace, avoiding long lines, basically you go in the exit and a re put on the ride with in a couple turns sometimes right away. I was not looking to be put right on but not as long as others had to wait, I could not, I needed to go in Air-Conditioning on a regular basis. Well, what did Disney do, they gave me a pass saying, send her to shade to wait in line! They said have your family wait in the regular line and call you when they are up, NOT POSSIBLE! I was no where near the entrance so could not hear them or get to them without it taking forever. I was soooooooooo upset all that money to go there, we bought 5 day passes about $800.00 and this was the help I got. I watch people in wheelchairs go right in, I am grateful I do not require a wheelchair, but the heat did not affect them, not the same! I felt so discriminated against. I was survayed as I entered the fourth day and told my gripe, the guy was outraged and said I will take care of this. I was Ok here we go, nope, all I got was instant access to Fast Passes. Usually you can only get so mainy per hour, I could get all I wanted, sound good? No, there are times on each pass and they are hours apart and are half a park away, so I was expected to run here and there. This would have required more energy than waiting in line. My Magical Vacation-not so hot-I thought it was bad enough to be diagnosed on my child's first day of Kindergarden but this was a real rip-off. I did enjoy their faces though, all was not a loss but Disney really surprised me, I thought they would be the tops with helping me. WRONG the WORST! Thanks for listening-Tina

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America