Photo by Melody

Garden Shed: Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!!

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 16, Views: 539
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 5, 2004
2:27 PM

Post #799622

hey guys... our tractor is being shipped from NC to CA today!!!! it is suppose to be here either on sunday or monday!!!! i CANT WAIT!!! i told hubby u better teach me how to run this thing... he thinks its funny i show sooo much intrest in this tractor, i keep telling him it's MY tractor.. he laughs and says no it's OURS.. i also told him i am going to put a pink sparkle fuzzy stearing wheel cover on it..lol.. of coures i wont but its fun to raz him!!! its a 2004 New Holland TC35, we got the backhoe 12" and 16" buckets.. , the front bucket with removable teeth... i cant wait to learn to drive it!!! i am gonna make a stream thru the front of my property ... i get to move my recentenly planted trees that arent in the right spot... and dig the holes for new trees or whatever i want i just cant wait!!! also i ordered my mantis today which will be here in 8 days!!!!! whooo-hooo boy i feel like such a lucky girl!!!!!! (:
chrissy
patischell
Fort Pierce, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 5, 2004
2:52 PM

Post #799647

WOW! I think something that special should have a name...perhaps "Buleah the Backhoe"? Or perhaps your hubby would like "Benny the Backhoe" better. LOL
Congratulations!!!
cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 5, 2004
3:34 PM

Post #799681

thanx patischell, lol. i know i told hubby i want to name it.. he keeps asking me what i will name it and i said... i dont know yet.. gotta see it and drive it first!lolol.. but i think it needs to be a boy name since its made to move dirt.. not like a girl..(: we have needed a tractor for a while now.. we have put out soooo much money already in tractor work , we could have paid for at least half of it!!! and we still need ALOOOOT of tractor work done!!!! plus hubby needs it for our construction company... so it will pay for itself in a short time.. plus what we have been putting out monthly to our neighbor for tractor work the payment is only a third of that cost... so in three months of payments would be what we put out for a months worth of work ...its gonna be great!!!!! i just cant wait to be able to use it for some of the ideas i have for the front property!!!!! can u tell i am REEEAAALLY EXCITED!!!!! (:
chrissy

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

March 9, 2004
12:37 AM

Post #802680

How exciting!

I'd LOVE to have a tractor again. I had an old Ford tractor when I raised horses on a farm. Just had a bush hog plus a couple other attachments for the PTO.
Dravencat
Edgewater, MD
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2004
2:02 PM

Post #803138

Way to go Chrissy!!
I named my pontiac sw Philip and my Mercedes sw Tony. I think you need to give him a name thats going to be fun. I cant believe you get a tractor AND a mantis. Oh what I wouldnt give to get a mantis. You better post pics of your yard as you go, I wanna see that.
cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 10, 2004
1:58 AM

Post #804066

well we didnt get our tractor on sunday or monday ... the guy says there is another tractor comming west so they want to wait to ship it to get that one on there.. so HOOOOPPPPPEEEFULY they will ship tomarrow but to tide us over they sent a pic of our tractor via email.. so here he is..(: and dravencat... yes i am getting amantis which i need badly.. hubby bought me a craftsman 6.5 hp rear tine tiller.. which i love but i cant use in my already made beds to weed... i just used the big one to till up a shade bed today .. it worked great.. and darius... we have needed a tractor since we moved here three years ago... but they were too expensive then... and everytime we rented one it broke down before right before we would finish what we needed to ... or we would reserve a tractor and they wouldnt have it the day they were suppose to deliver it.. very irritating! anyway here is the pics of the big bad boy!(=
chrissy

Thumbnail by cici77
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 10, 2004
2:08 AM

Post #804078

a pic of the backhoe!!!! (: can u guys see me on that thing... i cant wait!!!! i was sooo disapointed to find out that it hadnt been shipped!!! )= it's killing me that i have to wait longer.. i feel like a kid at Christmas eve having to wait!!!! lol
chrissy

Thumbnail by cici77

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

March 10, 2004
1:03 PM

Post #804388

I'm green with envy!!!

Of course, I don't even own a house again yet, much less have a NEED for a trctor & backhoe. LOL.
patischell
Fort Pierce, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 10, 2004
2:14 PM

Post #804489

WOW (again), who knew that tractors came in such delicious colors!!!!! Whatever you name him (BIG BLUE?), he's welcome to park in my front yard LOL
Pati
eweed
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

March 28, 2004
8:34 AM

Post #821123

Call him Digger. Ernie
cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 28, 2004
3:35 PM

Post #821274

ohhh i like that ... digger.. lol.. i;ll have to pass that one by to my hubby,... we got the tractor on our anniversary , the 15th of march which worked out perfect... and so far i have moved 8 bare root lambrum trees , took topsoil up to my sisters house up the road... and dug about 6 holes for her new trees ...(: i love my new tractor... oh i mean OUR new tractor...lol.. here is a pic of hubby on the tractor right after we got it.. also he has already done a job on this tractor that makes the first payment on it!!! (:

Thumbnail by cici77

bagby039
Clanton, AL
(Zone 8a)

March 29, 2004
2:05 AM

Post #821654

I know how you feel about the new tractor. Congratulations on the new tractor.
I got a small 15 horse power John Deere back in september of last year and i sure have used it. I needed a tractor to bushhog our pastures and something to cut the grass in our yard. This tractor comes with a belly mower and makes the yard grass look so neat. The small riding mower we had konked out so i wanted something to get the jobs done that were most needed and the salesman at John Deere was very helpful in helping me make my decision. My husband wasnt with me and had a fit when i told him that i wasnt getting the frontend loader that he would have wanted but it cost too much for the time being. I hope to get the tiller attachment sometime in the near future or at least for next growing season to till up our 70 square foot veggie garden area. It is a big job for my husband and he doesnt even think we need it. I think he is a glutten for punishment. Time will tell what will happen with the attachments.
I did get the bushhog and box blade to go with this tractor and have really enjoyed using them. I just in the past month have learned to use the box blade. I love it. It is so much fun to use. Robbie

Thumbnail by bagby039

Big_Red
Bethelridge, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2004
2:12 AM

Post #836288

cici77,

Congratulations on your new tractor, you'll love it! I just ran across this thread and had to post a pic of the New Holland we bought last fall. Wish I had gotten a front end loader with mine, you were smart to include one with your purchase.

Bought mine used, year 2000, with less than 200 hours on it so it was practically new. Got a bush hog with it, a set of cultivators, and as you can see, we also bought a 5' tiller attachment. The tiller works great in our garden, no rocks!

Thumbnail by Big_Red

cici77
Banning, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 12, 2004
1:37 PM

Post #836599

bagby, that a nice tractor! i knew i would use our tractor alot but i have been using it nearly every day! i dont think i will ever plant another potted plant in this hardpan with a shovel again! (= Big-red, urs is also a very nice tractor.. it sounds like u got a great deal! i just learned how to use the front end loader last week... i got tired of waiting for hubby to show me how to properly scrape with it.. it took me 2 & 1/2 hours to scrape my lambrum walk but i got it down now.. i kept taking too much off in one area and it was creating a step in the walk.. i was getting frustrated.. i also had to fill about 8 holes from the lambrums i moved... but once it was done, it turned out great.. hubby was impressed how it turned out considering i never used it for scraping before.. we now have 3 backhoe buckets, 12",16", and 18" they gave us the one bucket free because they gave us the wrong sized bucket on delivery... so the owner of the dealership just gave us the 18" .. which i thought was very nice... hubby also bought a gannon for grading.. its all hydrolic (sp?) and something about the teeth being hydrolic too... and we also just bought a mower , we havent tried that out yet becasue i have had to use the backhoe alot lately and hubby had to dig for a new septic system for a friend.. our other neighbors boys we using the tractor yesterday to dig out their dried up pond.. so already this baby is being used! (= we installed a much needed cup holder and tool box... in the next few weeks i have to drive it to a friends house a couple of miles away to dig up some huuuuge lilacs and 5 small plum trees and bring them home... my husband tells all our friends, "she uses it more then me!" lol.. i am so glad we took the leap and bought one! (:
chrissy
Frankay
Northport, ME
(Zone 5b)

April 13, 2004
9:06 PM

Post #838020

Robbie, I bet your garden is bigger than 70 square feet.(That would be 7X10) My little red wheelhorse is turning John Deere green with envy. Only 13 horse and no PTO. But it does the lawn in 2 hours instead of 4 pushing the Snapper, and I get to ride. My dream tractor would be a Farm-all Cub. Can't justify it tho...
bagby039
Clanton, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2004
2:54 PM

Post #846481

The one thing i would like to have is the tiller that goes with this tractor to keep the hard work of tilling down. My hubby wanted to front end loader but couldnt afford at this time yet. Maybe in a couple of years. I am about to have to put the bush hog on and cut the pastures. They have all kinds of yellow flowers coming up. Got to get rid of them. Robbie
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

April 26, 2008
9:24 PM

Post #4868159

Hi all! New to this forum. I just got MY first Lawn Tractor today. A Craftsman LT 2000. Works great!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM
seeking source for Agway 5HP front-tine parts atlr 2 May 30, 2009 5:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America