Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

PlantFiles Pictures: Ceeseweed Mallow (Malva parviflora)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 5, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ulrich
Manhattan Beach, CA
(Zone 11)

March 25, 2004
11:52 AM

Post #818671

Cheeseweed Mallow, Little Mallow, Small-flowered Mallow
Malva parviflora

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/64033/

Thumbnail by Ulrich
Click the image for an enlarged view.

htop
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 26, 2004
8:45 AM

Post #819379

That is a very lovely plant. I like the shape and size of the leaves. How large are the blooms fully opened? Is that about how wide (to the front) it becomes or does it bush out a lot more? Do you know if it can it prosper in filtered sun or partial sun? Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.
Ulrich
Manhattan Beach, CA
(Zone 11)

March 27, 2004
2:46 AM

Post #820185

This volunteered in the alley behind our fence as a weed. It is still gaining height a bit but not in width.
This shows the flowers fully open: http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/37979/ . They are about 3/8" dia. as are the 'cheeses'. It gets full sun all day. They grow lankier in the shade.
htop
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 27, 2004
3:45 AM

Post #820230

At first I thought it was planted in a pot and then on closer inspection I decided it was growing in the ground. Thanks for the information. I always enjoy your photos.
Ulrich
Manhattan Beach, CA
(Zone 11)

March 27, 2004
4:29 AM

Post #820245

(~:
jlyfsh
Phoenix, AZ

February 28, 2005
11:50 PM

Post #1313660

This is voluntary in my backyard. It is between 4 - 8 ft tall and has taken over the entire yard. LOL I am loving it except for the fact that I can't walk through the yard without being attacked. I am laughing at this as I have also been told that it has medicinal and edible attributes. Due to all the rain we have had this winter it is amazing and very nice to have. Was pulling and putting in my compost. Have rethought that and am trying to find out specifics on the uses of it. Told that it has a nutty flavor and can be used in salads and soups and cooked like spinich (eww) and tea etc. If you can find any other info I would appreciate your help. Thanks. :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America