-
AuthorContent
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

April 4, 2004
10:26 PM

Post #828707

i started 18 hot and sweet pepper seeds that hotpepperdan was kind enough to send me. i have them in one of those seed starting domes and have covered it top and bottom in an old electric blanket with the temperature set on 9. at night i shut off the heat and move the dome some to let in some air, then start over again in the a.m. everything looks great so far. this year i'm gonna grow them upstairs where the temps is about 70 deg. but will keep them on the heating blanket.
HotPepperDan
Flanders, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2004
10:47 PM

Post #828726

Good Luck, keep us informed and up to date. If you have any photos, post them also. Danny
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2004
3:26 AM

Post #837348

Hey Dan, I'm growing peppers for the first time in earthboxes. This is the easiest way for me to grow anything because of my disability and am looking forward to their growth. No hot peppers because of my toddler grandson - Don't want to turn him off on gardening because of a hot pepper but I sure will grow them when he is responsible.
HotPepperDan
Flanders, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2004
10:35 PM

Post #838092

TPlant, you'll do fine, actually nothing beats Mother Nature, but earth-boxes as well as containers have been almost as equal, if not better than MN, don't tell her that, I need all the rain and sun she provides-LOL. Peppers thrive in warm climates, and I know you don't lack that down there in Gator country, up here in Jersey...now that's a little more tricky. Sweet,Hot, as long as it's a pepper as every other veggie, it's all good. Good Luck and keep us informed, I'm a big Fish fan, go Dolphins! Don't tell my Jet and Giant friends, bring back my man Marino. Your gardening friend, Danny

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2007
6:40 PM

Post #3864155

I have learned the hotter and drier the summer the hotter the pepper. This is a very hot sommer in Al. and I can't eat my tabasco peppers. Habeneros are the same.
LenaBeanNZ
Brisbane
Australia
(Zone 10b)

October 10, 2007
7:26 AM

Post #4067452

jordan, I have wandered the same for some time! I live in a cool climate, and my chillis just wont grow hot enough! The seeds were taken from a plant that my friend grew up in the warm sunny north of NZ. His chillis were HOT!
Has anybody else experieced a lack of heat due to a, umm... a lack of heat?
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 10, 2007
5:18 PM

Post #4068621

Wonder if it is true about the hotter the weather the hotter the pepper? If so we could grow infernos down here in the summer with temps in the low and mid 90's. Aries44(Flip) grows peppers down here and I know he gets some hot ones. I did one summer but never again as I darn near burnt my mouth out and that was a Cascabella which are not to be that hot...

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2007
12:56 PM

Post #4071368

my peppers this year were so hot you couldn't eat them. they are still growing and are still very hot. they were hotter this year than ever before

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM
PMMV Resistant Varieties? Ozark 12 Jun 26, 2011 1:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America