pepper plants started

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i started 18 hot and sweet pepper seeds that hotpepperdan was kind enough to send me. i have them in one of those seed starting domes and have covered it top and bottom in an old electric blanket with the temperature set on 9. at night i shut off the heat and move the dome some to let in some air, then start over again in the a.m. everything looks great so far. this year i'm gonna grow them upstairs where the temps is about 70 deg. but will keep them on the heating blanket.

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Good Luck, keep us informed and up to date. If you have any photos, post them also. Danny

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Dan, I'm growing peppers for the first time in earthboxes. This is the easiest way for me to grow anything because of my disability and am looking forward to their growth. No hot peppers because of my toddler grandson - Don't want to turn him off on gardening because of a hot pepper but I sure will grow them when he is responsible.

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

TPlant, you'll do fine, actually nothing beats Mother Nature, but earth-boxes as well as containers have been almost as equal, if not better than MN, don't tell her that, I need all the rain and sun she provides-LOL. Peppers thrive in warm climates, and I know you don't lack that down there in Gator country, up here in Jersey...now that's a little more tricky. Sweet,Hot, as long as it's a pepper as every other veggie, it's all good. Good Luck and keep us informed, I'm a big Fish fan, go Dolphins! Don't tell my Jet and Giant friends, bring back my man Marino. Your gardening friend, Danny

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I have learned the hotter and drier the summer the hotter the pepper. This is a very hot sommer in Al. and I can't eat my tabasco peppers. Habeneros are the same.

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

jordan, I have wandered the same for some time! I live in a cool climate, and my chillis just wont grow hot enough! The seeds were taken from a plant that my friend grew up in the warm sunny north of NZ. His chillis were HOT!
Has anybody else experieced a lack of heat due to a, umm... a lack of heat?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Wonder if it is true about the hotter the weather the hotter the pepper? If so we could grow infernos down here in the summer with temps in the low and mid 90's. Aries44(Flip) grows peppers down here and I know he gets some hot ones. I did one summer but never again as I darn near burnt my mouth out and that was a Cascabella which are not to be that hot...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my peppers this year were so hot you couldn't eat them. they are still growing and are still very hot. they were hotter this year than ever before

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.