SOLVED: what's this weed, looks like wild geranium?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

what's this weed, looks like wild geranium?

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

It is a wild geranium, and more trouble than you could ever imagine..At least here in zone 8..

Larkie

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I didn't know it was actually, something with a decent name. Sure doesn't bloom like a geranium. I made the mistake a couple of years ago and let a neighbor bring me some good cowlot dirt. Never again. I've got weeds, particularly that one, that I can't get rid of. They are everywhere. I am constantly pulling them. Afraid to use poison, I'll kill the good stuff. I hate that weed!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

I think it might be a carolina geranium.
http://www.psu.missouri.edu/fishel/carolina_geranium.htm

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've had trades in the past, about 2 or 3 months ago, and I ws looking for hardy geranium, I swear they looked just like these, LOL their growing out in the flower garden, haven't bloomed yet, so I'm waiting to see If I ws sent the same thing I have growing everywhere around here, LOL I know the blooms on these wild geraniums aren't pretty like the hardy geraniums

I just bought geranium patricia at a nursery in mo. yesterday. it's hot pink with almost black center, really georgious. can't wait to see it bloom

kathy

thanks for the help guys

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I remember that weed from TN, it was always so hard to tell it from the "real" hardy geraniums. It has a little bitty flower, not pretty at all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.