Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Dave's Garden FAQ: What's the difference between a member & a subscriber?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 5, Views: 559
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

April 20, 2004
10:37 PM

Post #844693

I noticed you mentioned members & subscribers. What's the difference?

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2004
6:37 PM

Post #845630

Good question! A membership to DG is free and provides you access to the basic features of the Plants Database, as well as access to the Garden Watchdog, the Garden Bookworm, your own personal garden journal, seed/plant trading tools, and an optional nightly newsletter. Non-subscribed members do not have the ability to read or post to our discussion forums, and they have limited access to the Plants Database (i.e., limited number of searches per day, and no access to the advanced search and browse features.

A subscription gives you unlimited access to the Plants Database, including the advanced search and browse features, plus access to the discussion forums, and the twice-weekly chat sessions. Some co-op opportunities are restricted to subscribers-only, at the discretion of the organizer. Some subscribers will offer their choicest plants in trade only with other subscribers (again, that's a personal decision.) Subscriptions are $15 per year, or $5 for a two-month trial.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2004
10:30 PM

Post #845835

Thanks, that tells it all.
back2back
Beverly Hills, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 14, 2004
12:35 AM

Post #869659

I have a friend that wants to join. I couldn't see how she does it.
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2004
12:38 AM

Post #869661

Bambi, I think if you log out and then come back to DG you can see how to join. Not sure, but I think it works that way.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2004
12:44 AM

Post #869673

Brugie's right - logout, and you'll see a link to the "registration page" in the right-hand column. Your friend will need to go to that page, type in their choice of username and a valid email address. The system will generate and send to them an initial password, which they'll be prompted to change when they sign in.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America