What's the difference between a member & a subscriber?

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I noticed you mentioned members & subscribers. What's the difference?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good question! A membership to DG is free and provides you access to the basic features of the Plants Database, as well as access to the Garden Watchdog, the Garden Bookworm, your own personal garden journal, seed/plant trading tools, and an optional nightly newsletter. Non-subscribed members do not have the ability to read or post to our discussion forums, and they have limited access to the Plants Database (i.e., limited number of searches per day, and no access to the advanced search and browse features.

A subscription gives you unlimited access to the Plants Database, including the advanced search and browse features, plus access to the discussion forums, and the twice-weekly chat sessions. Some co-op opportunities are restricted to subscribers-only, at the discretion of the organizer. Some subscribers will offer their choicest plants in trade only with other subscribers (again, that's a personal decision.) Subscriptions are $15 per year, or $5 for a two-month trial.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, that tells it all.

Beverly Hills, CA(Zone 10a)

I have a friend that wants to join. I couldn't see how she does it.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Bambi, I think if you log out and then come back to DG you can see how to join. Not sure, but I think it works that way.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Brugie's right - logout, and you'll see a link to the "registration page" in the right-hand column. Your friend will need to go to that page, type in their choice of username and a valid email address. The system will generate and send to them an initial password, which they'll be prompted to change when they sign in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images