-
AuthorContent
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 24, 2004
5:24 AM

Post #881319

I have read some of the posts and am going to have a BBQ and everyone hear is invited. I am going to need help with the food as I need back surgery and Can't do this alone. You all understand. First how many of you will attend? What would be easier would it be easier to pick what food you will bring? I have picked out a lovely e-park that has a large building with A/C.
Lots of trees and wild flowers all in many colors in bloom. Absolutely no rain in site. Just a few large white puffy clouds in a huge sky of the most beautiful blue. The breeze is so nice we won't even break a sweat. No mosquitoes or pests of any kind. We can call it Garden of brugs as there will be every color of brug you can imagine. OH also there is no calories in the food and no fats. Now we can believe anything we want and this we all have enough depression and guilt. So that is why today all of the calories and fat are gone.
After we eat then I have arranged 15 massage therapists to give each of us a 1 hour massage after 30 or so min in a jacussi. Can you feel the tension roll of with each muscle being massaged. Soft music being played in the back ground. Lovely light scented candles burning while we alone are being pampered. After that we will have manicures and pedicures. Facials the whole works. For any of our guy members you will get an hour and !/2 massage. And you will get the manicure to help with what gardening has taken its toll on. The rest is up to you.
Nothing to think of today but how wonderful the friends, flowers, the small talk, and being pampered is because we deserve it. The day is ours.
When the sun goes down we will listen to soft music as we talk about our biggest love our famlies and flowers. There will be spectactular fireworks (Without the booms) And for a great end to such a wonderful day that we forgot even about our pain everyone will get to take home the first blue brug.
It is a beautiful 4 ft sky blue hybrid that one of our very own is responsible for.
Now I need a head count. I need your RSVPs and we need to start a list for the food. I will be responsible for the T-Bones and Lobster.
Now I need a head count. Who will be first to RSVP

If nothing else you must admit I can really dream. LOL
I amazed my self.
But lets keep it going.
MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

May 27, 2004
5:53 AM

Post #885254

I can dream that I am there, sitting on the lounger, beside the pool, with just the right temperature and breeze. I don't have any aches, and my body is working correctly! No need for a big buffet for me, just the pampering and relaxing. Thankx for the moment of peace.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 27, 2004
6:33 AM

Post #885275

I'll bring some potato salad, and devilled eggs. Since this is e-food, it won't take any time to prepare it either. Mayo or Miracle whip?

Hey, since it's e-magination, I'll have a beautiful, young body, with long lovely hair, a great e-tan, and I'll even don my swimsuit. LOL!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2004
2:00 PM

Post #885431

mayo - real, not lite -
and since this is emagination - forget about back surgery and pain etc - we all feel TERRIFIC
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2004
5:12 AM

Post #886473

There's no such thing as pain and surgery in emagination. Yay!!!

Now, who's bringing the decadent desserts?????

Where's Pond???? She makes really great cyber-fudge, and fresh butter. I think I'll get my potatoes for the salad from her. They grow great ones in ID. Pond?????
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2004
7:23 AM

Post #886560

I'm here with all the fudge you can eat. It is of any imaginable flavor, I have marachino cherry fudge, pecan fudge, cashew fudge, macadamia nut fudge, the list goes on and on. Dark and light chocolate and ssooooo creamy that you can't believe it. I could even make white chocolate if somebody must have it. Of course no calories either.

Spuds, you say I should bring some spuds. I sure can and we can have tater salad and any other spud dish you want to dream up. Got plenty of tasty sweet yellow onions too. I brought some red and some white onions too if you prefer them. We grow em all here and they are the finest quality. Anybody want some sugar? We have sugar beets and a refinary nearby where the best quality sugar comes from. You say you love cheese? Why I can get really great cheese too whether it is made from cow's milk or even goat milk cheese from a nearby goat dairy.

I have salmon too. It is succulent and very pretty color. Captive raised so we aren't depleting the wild population but this captive raised is oh so good!

I will also bring elk and buffalo steaks from some nearby farms. From my own farm I will bring the best lamb you have ever tasted. Very lean and none of that fat that sticks to you! I also have fresh beef the likes of which you have never tasted.

A massage and hot tub sounds wonderful. OHHHHH sooo soothing. All my pains are gone and no worries about Doctor bills or prescription bills or even household bills. Ahhhhh no worries at all. This is soooooo nice.

zzzzzzzz ZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzz ZZZZZZZZ
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2004
7:43 AM

Post #886571

Glad you joined in, Lani!zzzzzzzz
zzzz
zzzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzz
ZZZzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzz, nite all, pills taking effectzzz
zzzzzzzzzZZz
zzzzzzzzzz

Edited to breathe, is that better???

This message was edited May 29, 2004 1:23 AM
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2004
8:35 AM

Post #886594

OMG Judith you have to breathe between the zzz's or the thread gets W I D E . Breathe, Breathe dear friend!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 28, 2004
5:45 PM

Post #887110

I am so happy to ahve all of you come. I am sure others will join us. The food is so great. We have alot of great cooks. I have brought cheese cake. Any kind you want. Plain, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, and pumpkin.
I am very pleased to meet and spend time with each of you.
Sandy
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 29, 2004
3:18 AM

Post #887674

Ohhhh I love cheese cake. I would like a slice of the blueberry because blueberries are supposed to be good for ya. lol

Nice to "meet" you Sandy.

In this perfect cyber world I won't have any weeds in my garden, my lawn would be perfect and green with no dips to twist an ankle and absolutely no gopher burrows. My trees would be mature and all my benches and bat houses would be done and no mosquitoes at all. My waterfall would be the best man made one in the world and my health would be perfect.

Of course I would be driving the pickup truck of my dreams. And I would have a great barn full of the prettiest sheep you ever saw from the Dorper breed. My pastures would be belly high to a horse and no buffalo flies for the animals or us to fight off.

ahhhhh such is the life. This hammock is very comfy.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2004
5:35 AM

Post #887816

Good, it did help. Thanks for waking me, Pond!
I'll try not to go to sleep on the z-key again!

Oh, Sandy! You chose such a lovely site for your BBQ! It's so relaxing here and restful, and all my back pain is gone! That's amazing!

Gosh, is there a prize here for the most !!!!!!!!s???????!!!!!
I think I just won it!!!!!!!!!
Just have to remember not to go to sleep on the !!!!!!-key.

Lani, that fudge sure looks good. Those onions will be good in my potato salad, just don't tell my DH. He'll never know if no one tells him. Besides, cyber-onions don't upset your tummy.

I think you can put me down for a bite of all that meat all of you are talking about. I'm a real meat lover, and tater lover, and butter lover, and fudge lover, and ...(oops! excuse me!)

Is that pumpkin cheesecake? Ooh, I never had that before. I've got to try that. And cheese, yum!

And no mosquitoes!!!!

Move over, Pond, you'll have to share that hammock!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 29, 2004
5:40 AM

Post #887821

Share my hammock? Why when I have others right here. Judith I think you would be very comfy in this beautiful blue one since it is padded and oh such a pretty area it is in too. I really think your Hubby would like the green one since he is wearing that nice green shirt with matching pants. Why he looks so handsome! I think both of you are lovers which is why you are a meat lover, butter lover...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2004
5:50 AM

Post #887825

That's us, but DH would never wear green. In the army too long! :~}
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 29, 2004
11:31 AM

Post #887919

Ponditis so glad you could come, the pleasure is all mine to meet such wonderful friends. I am glad all of you have come, And yes there is more than enough hammocks, swings, you name it to go around.
I am not sure who but someone is bringing mashed potatoes, french fries, and home fries. Also a mouthwatering briscuit. Oh yes could someone bring home made rolls?
JudithI I am so glad you like the spot I picked for this. Is really is relaxing. I wanted only the best.
Let me get you a slice of blueberry cheese cake Ponditis and here is a slice of pumpkin cheese cake for you JudithI. here you go. Anything else you would like?
Just let me know.

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2004
10:37 PM

Post #888749

Oh, there's a lot else I would like. Fortunately, with cyber-food, nobody gets full, so you can try some of everything.

But you shouldn't be serving us. You should be relaxing and enjoying your lovely BBQ, having one of those lovely massages you described. In a cyber-BBQ, no one has to do any work. Everybody gets to enjoy the fun and relaxation.

I'll just graze my way around the wonderful food that is available. And, since I won't get full, if somebody else brings in a new dish, I will have room for that too!

You were a so kind to find this wonderful cyber-place and host the start-up to get everyone going. Your work is done! Relax and enjoy!

Would you like some potato salad, or devilled eggs? How about some fudge, or other kinds of spuds. This lamb is lovely, as is all the food available. Serve yourself up some of everything, even if it's only a taste.

This is a great BBQ!!!!!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 30, 2004
12:14 AM

Post #888846

I came to serve all of you. I am truely being blessed by all. I will sit now and enjoy everyones company. Oh yes I love deviled eggs and potatoe salad. Anyone for another massage? manacure anything? They are here all night. I think the jacussi could feel great again a little later.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 30, 2004
7:23 AM

Post #889246

Thank you, I would love another massage. Ohhhhhh that feels sooooo good, Gustavo. You are such a great massuse (sp?)

I brought just about every potato concoction that you can dream up. Why Idaho is FULL of potato fields especially in the southern part. There are also lots and lots of onion fields. So fried onions, onion rings, baked onions, French onion soup, pickled onions, the list goes on and on. Help yourself to anything and I really think we can all serve ourselves so you can relax. Have another massage. ahhhh

zzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2004
7:39 PM

Post #889758

i think i'm ready for laying in the pool with a huge strawberry daiquiri stopped with mounds of fresh whipped cream. and i iworld, i'll actually be able to lie there without thinking about all the work i should be doing!
MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2004
10:57 PM

Post #890315

I'm having such an enjoyable, relaxing time, lazing by the pool, with such great company, that I might have to stay over for a second day of this paradise. Of course our lovely host(ess) has all the help needed so wouldn't be put out or have to lift a finger, and could relax and enjoy themselves with us.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 31, 2004
2:46 AM

Post #890560

I just talked to the owners and they said we could have it for a week if we want. We could cater in the food for the rest of the time and in would cost us nothing. Also complete pampering the whole time. What do you all think?
I'm in if you all are. I bet others could come no that it is extended.LMK
MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2004
3:37 AM

Post #890615

I'm in !!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2004
4:15 AM

Post #890660

zzzzzzzzzhmmmmm...What? Ooh, caught me napping.
What's that? We can stay the rest of the week??? Great!!!
Oh, I could really get used to this pampering treatment.

I think I'll sit in a lounge chair for a while, and let someone else enjoy this hammock.

Did somebody mention daiquiris? Aah, that would be lovely.

It's so very nice to not have pain, nothing to do, wonderful friends all around. I can even enjoy the sun here, without worrying about sunburn or worse. And the sun feels soooo good!

Maybe I'll have a swim after I finish the daiquiri--just lime for me, thanks! Mind if I join you handhelpers? Hi, MG99!

Mmmmmmmmm...that aromatherapy smells good. Even the pool is scented with lavender.
Thanks for providing all this, Sandy!

Pond, are you still sleeping over there? She's probably already tried the daiquiris!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

May 31, 2004
7:57 AM

Post #890813

Hi MG99, it is always good to see new members joining us.

Judith, I have never tasted a daiquri in my life! I might like trying one to help me get to sleep tonight. I slept too much this morning. this place is almost too relaxing.

Ahhhhh this massage feels good. I decided I could get in another before I go to the pool. Ohhh a little to the left---that's it----aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2004
10:46 PM

Post #891562

Well! You really must correct that oversight! Daquiris come in a number of different flavors, original (lime-flavored), strawberry, ...Somebody help me out here!!!!!!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2004
11:22 PM

Post #891597

And there is my personal favorite, banana daquiris! We just have to have some of them...
Who would like me to bring a fried turkey breast? With Cajun seasoning, don't you know...
I would love to have a massage, and is there a hammock that I can use? This was a great idea!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 31, 2004
11:40 PM

Post #891608

This is my pleasure. You all deserve it.
Melvatoo that turkeybreast sounds great. I also wanted to meantion there are plenty of hammocks to go around. there are more if needed.
JudithI you are very welcome. Help your self to everything and glad your here melvatoo.
Help your self everyone there is more of everything to go around. I going to have my secound massage. See you all in around an hour.
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 1, 2004
3:35 AM

Post #891800

pond - frozen strawberry daiquiri is my favorite - made with fresh strawberries to boot! yummy yummy yummy! [rum is the alcohol] haha - my mouth is watering!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2004
3:46 AM

Post #891815

Or we can have some pina colada's and make them with fresh strawberries instead of pineapple...those are good!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2004
6:18 AM

Post #891927

Anything strawberry or blueberry would be my favorite. I really don't care for anything alcohol though since it makes me too silly and sleepy. I can't hold my alcohol at all either. LOL

Ahhhhhh this hottub feels so nice...I guess I better get out before I fall asleep in here. I sure have been falling asleep easily down here.

***Talking to self so no one hears me.*** ( I wonder if its the elevation change that makes me sleepy? Or maybe someone here is putting something in my food or drinks? Something sinister? Hmmm who would do that? I am going to have to try to stay awake long enough to watch.)

zzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2004
6:28 AM

Post #891936

Now who would do a thing like that?????????

I'd love another lime daiquiri. Thanks much!

Wonder if we could order in an Italian buffet, with fresh salads, pasta, sauces, and antipasto? Oh, and Italian bread, with olive oil and garlic dip. And wine and cheeses. Think of all the calories, if it wasn't cyber-food! Enjoy with no guilt!
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2004
12:56 PM

Post #892106

If this is going to be emagination Ill likely forgo the massage and start looking for a good Tennesse Walking horse to ride for awhile. Then I won't have to worry about being so sore the next few days that I won't be able to walk! We will walk carefully thru the gardens so we won't damage the plants.
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 1, 2004
4:24 PM

Post #892521

i think i'd like to play a game of tennis while we're at it [boy, wouldn't that be nice - it's been 5 years since i've been able to play]
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 2, 2004
2:42 AM

Post #893187

I have never played tennis. I do like the idea of riding gaited horses though I would like a Peruvian Paso leaflady. I can ride one of those all day and not be sore. Then come back and have a nice hot tub and a good nights sleep after dinner. Ahhhh such is the life here in la la land.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 2, 2004
4:33 AM

Post #893309

I've got a bigger emagination than that! I'll join both of you in horseback riding. And I'm up for tennis too! It's been 45 years since I've done either, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.

Hmmmm...I wonder how plants grow here in emagination world? Good, I bet! We can plant anything we want to, and it will instantly be beautiful and never wilt or die. What would you all like to plant?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 2, 2004
6:26 AM

Post #893407

The sweetest oranges you have ever eaten. Still taste like an orange but ohhh sooooooooo good. Mangos that are really tasty unlike the green unripe ones we get here. Huge succulent strawberries. Oh so many fruits that are picked too soon when you find them in the stores.

The flowers I could have!!! Gardenias, jasmine, magnolias, roses that don't have black spot or thrips, I could go on all night long.

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 2, 2004
7:01 AM

Post #893423

Beautiful blooms covering my large magnolia tree. No yellowed leaves on my palms. NO WEEDS!!! Everything blooming at once, all the time! Fruit, nut, citrus trees, berries, melons, vegetables, all just perfectly ripened. All in shade and sun at the same time, perfect weather. Perfectly cooked meats of all kinds. And never getting full or fat!

Hey, didn't we have that one time??? Garden of Eden!! We sure managed to mess that up didn't we!!! Well, I don't think they ate meat, as I recall.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 3, 2004
1:51 AM

Post #894461

I am having the time of my life. All of you are such great company. I am so glad you came. I don't drink alcohol either I got very ill years ago from over indulging and now the sound of it makes me sick. I would love to try a virgin frozen daiquiri. This place is heavenly. I love the lavender smell coming from the pool. This is the life. Maybe a game of volleyball tomorrow?

What is anyone up for tonight? maybe sherades? can't spell...
around the campfire while toasting marshmallows.
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2004
3:35 AM

Post #894553

s'mores - yummy - got all the wood picked up from the last windstorm - big pile ready to light - just give the word!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2004
4:39 AM

Post #894646

Hotdogs suitably burned over a hot fire. Smores made from burned marshmallows YUM.

My garden full of the prettiest flowers and vegis you ever saw and no frost kills anything but the plants that need it to live on just live on without it.

Honeysuckle clear up the fence, caladiums of colors we never imagined they would come in, passion vine with fruit and tons of blossoms, fig trees full of figs, pecan trees full of the best pecans, ohhh my list goes on and on...

I think I would like to take a nice rowboat out on the lake and just paddle around like I did when I was a kid at Grandpa's cabin in Minnesota. When I get back in I would love another massage. This is soooo much fun I won't want to go back to reality ever again.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2004
6:41 AM

Post #894778

Well, I don't suppose that we have to every go back to reality again, do we? Not in "emagination."

I'd go out on the lake with you, Pond, but I always manage to fall in. Athletic I ain't! I usually fall in either getting in, or getting out, of the boat when we are at the edge of the lake. Now this is really great timing. Just think about all that algae, weeds, debris, and smelly, nasty gunk that always washes up close to the shore!

Maybe our emagination lake wouldn't be like that. Hey, maybe I won't even fall in!

Those "suitably burned" hotdogs and scorched marshmallows sound good right now. Got any mustard and catsup?
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2004
2:49 PM

Post #895033

no - this lake is so clear you can see the bottom! no worry about fishies biting your toes! and warm... i've got the mustard and catsup! and some great spinach dip and pasta salad!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 4, 2004
6:56 AM

Post #896246

The boat we are using has a glass bottom so we can see all the life in the lake. This lake is sooooo clear and beautiful. Oh did ya see that school of fish swimming by just now? They were blue and gold with black spots along their backs. So pretty.

Ahhh I wonder if I can snag that piece of driftwood for my flower bed? It seems to me that making my yard rustic is the way to go where I live on land that used to be a dairy. I have old milk cans around to sit on.

I don't even think we need to wear hats or sun screen with this cyber trip we are on. Isn't this nice not to have to remember all that stuff? Sun screen makes me feel dirty and hot. So I am very happy to not wear it.

Judith would you like a nice frozen daquiri with strawberries in it? I thought I would make one since I saw how they make em. I am pretty sure I can do a good job of it but I am also sure I will make too much. I always do that.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 4, 2004

Post #896247

Well, if you're going to make too much, I'll be glad to help you with the excess.

Aah. this is the life!!!!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 4, 2004
1:34 PM

Post #896481

sure you can take the driftwood! in this lake, another one will 'grow' in its place!
please be sure to save a daiquiri for me!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 4, 2004
1:39 PM

Post #896487

i'm famous today!
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/8832965.htm
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2004
4:14 AM

Post #897285

Great idea for a business! Congratulations!

I will make extra for anyone who wants one. This is so much fun to just lay around doing just whatever we want and all the dishes are done as well as the cleaning. Such is the life for me!

Hey, did anyone hear about the great sale they are having on plants at that nursery next door? I guess they are really closing out on the rare things and next season they will do all the bread and butter stuff instead. They had a gorgeous 3 foot tall tree peony for only $10 and a really nice 4 foot tall red and pink leaved Japanese maple for only $12. Unbelievable. Wanna come with me to max out our credit cards? Too much fun is coming our way when we get there. They are even fixing dinner for all of us if we wish to stay over.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 6, 2004
3:34 AM

Post #898491

Hey, I'm in for the plant sale! Thanks for the daiquiri! I needed that!

I came to emagination so I wouldn't be so tired!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 7, 2004
6:09 AM

Post #899872

Awww Judith you can't be tired here at emagination! You need another massage before our trip to the nursery. They have such great deals there and they are willing to open it up just for all of us to shop for the plants we want the worst. Of course I want them ALL but I have to face reality and only get the top 10,000 choices. My gardener will be planting for a long time but my yard will look MAGNIFICENT when he gets done. Anyone else in to go to the nursery at our leisure?
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2004
3:34 AM

Post #901279

Okay, Pond, I'm ready for the nursery trip!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2004
7:17 AM

Post #901411

Pond, where are you???????
Did you have to many virgin daiquiris????
You know the problem with virgin drinks, don't you?
They are more intoxicating than the real thing, cuz you don't get the benefit of all that alcohol sugar to keep you going!

Let's go buy plants!!!
I wonder if they have scented geraniums, and vegetable seeds???
I want to find haricot vert seeds, and baby carrot seeds, and salad mix seeds.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2004 3:20 AM
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 8, 2004
10:51 PM

Post #902291

Judith, here we are at this dream nursery with all the scented geraniums you could ever want available. Aren't they great plants? Oh and can you look at that price?????? Why they are so affordable you can have every one you want and more.

Look at this selection of seeds! I have NEVER seen such a great selection anywhere. Here are the baby carrots, the salad mix and all the others you wanted too.

And for me there are gorgeous blooming HARDY gardenias in many colors including blue and pink. Ohhh don't those smell great? Why this one will even bloom during the winter! Look at those lilacs over there. They are blooming now which is about 5 weeks later than mine.

What's that you say? Those lilacs are everbloomers? I have never heard of an everblooming lilac but I will take a hundred of each variety so I can share with my friends.

Yuuummmmmmm did you guys taste these berries? Ohhhhh yummmmmmmmmm...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2004
5:18 AM

Post #902724

What berries? I want some!
Finally I can get lilacs to bloom in FL!
Pink and blue gardenias???? I wonder if they would live and bloom indoors? Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Oh, I've found all my seeds I wanted, and a lot I didn't even know would grow in my climate! All these northern vegetables and flowers that I've never been able to grow! Oh, I'm in heaven!

Aaaaaaaahh! Smell those lovely geraniums! Oh, I do want some of all of them!

(I'm gonna wear out my "!" button on this thread. Then I won't even be able to talk anymore! LOL)
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2004

Post #902737

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII i yi yiiii yi yiiiiiiiii

nini!!!!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2004
6:10 AM

Post #902753

That's "!", not "i" !!!!!

Who else came to the plant nursery with us????
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2004

Post #902759

i did :>) got lots and lots of hostas
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 10, 2004
2:43 AM

Post #903990

Hostas and daylilies and lions and tigers and bears!

Oh MY!!!!!!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2004
2:51 AM

Post #904003

LOL - i needed that!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 10, 2004
4:34 AM

Post #904123

I know there are tiger lilies and dandy lions so I figured we can find good cultivars at our pretend nursery. :)
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2004
4:54 AM

Post #904146

Well, there are cat's claws, and bear's pants, or something about a bear's bottom clothing. And zebra plants, and elephant ears, and hens and chicks, and dog bane, and monkey grass. HELP!!! I can't stop!!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 10, 2004
5:35 AM

Post #904167

Bear's Breeches? Pussy willows, cat mint, quack grass, lamb's ears, ...

Now I can't stop!!!!! HELPPPPPP !!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2004
5:57 AM

Post #904186

Dogwood, catnip, coon-tie palm, cowslips (that sounds nasty!), horse mint, dog fennel...

Edited to add...buffalo grass

And on another note, lady's slipper, lady's mantle, painted lady, naked lady!

There you go!

This message was edited Jun 10, 2004 1:59 AM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2004
6:55 AM

Post #904215

And did you see their selection of Roses??? All the antiques that I have been looking for...the 'thought to be lost' Noisettes and lots of obscure Gallicas...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2004
7:00 AM

Post #904218

I'll bet these roses will grow well and bloom a lot in my yard. I have tried to have roses all my life, but I am obviously unwilling to do all the regular work involved, and now really can't. But everything we get here will do well, without any work at all!

You notice how all threads wind up on the subject of gardening and plants? Wonder why that is?????? :)
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 10, 2004
7:08 AM

Post #904226

I always thought all DG threads ended up with food. LOL
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2004
7:13 AM

Post #904234

Well, we eat a lot of plants! But you do have a point there.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2004
6:53 AM

Post #911796

Could someone bring me another dish of those delicious grapes please? They are better than candy. Magnificent fruit around here isn't it?

Judith, would you like some of these tasty crackers? I have cream cheese with strawberries mixed into them here for ya. I know you love strawberries or was it blueberries? Maybe it was raspberries? I have perfect memory what do you mean I have a terrible memory? Why I think the best thing here is these strawberries. I know you love strawberries, or was it blackberries? HMMMM maybe it was boysenberries. Yup, as you can see I have a perfect memory.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2004
7:02 AM

Post #911799

That's OK, I love 'em all, except maybe raspberries. Actually, I may not have eaten a fresh raspberry before, only the flavor, or probably the artificial flavored food! Maybe I do like them. Hand me one, and I'll try them.

I think I'll mix them all together in a bowl, with sliced bananas and a bit of ice cream. I like when the ice cream has almost melted, so it's just thick sweet cream. I guess that comes from always living in the South. Ice cream melts really fast down here. The land of the really drippy ice cream cones! Yummmmm! But it's really tough on a little kid! Messy!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2004
8:40 AM

Post #911845

Yup a kid would have to have a bath after eating a drippy cone. Ya know I used to let my son play in his wading pool but I always added bubble bath to it and washed his hair without him realizing that I was doing it. Rinsed him off by spraying him with the hose. He LOVED it. I did too because he would come in already clean and ready for a nap or bed.

Have you tried the new Cheerios with the dehydrated fruits? Yummy especially the strawberries and raspberries. They have it in mixed fruit and plain strawberry. We think they should throw out the Cheerios and just have the dehydrated fruit. lol

Have some more fruit if you want it. I love fruit and vegies. The best meal is just fruit and vegies and a tiny bit of meat. Lobster would be my favorite meat if I had a choice of them. Scallops would be second and shrimp third. I love seafoods. I think I will just gorge myself on it here in dreamville. YUMMMMMMMMM

zzzzzzzzz ZZZZZZZZZ
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2004
5:52 AM

Post #913168

mmmmmm - lobstah [as we say in maine!] with melted buttah...only these lobstahs are soooooo sweet we don't even need it! and the shells are so soft we don't have any trouble breaking them open. yummy! with sweet sweet fresh strawberries for dessert
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2004
6:19 AM

Post #913185

Well I got here just in time for the lobster, pardon me, lobstahs. I love lobster, drove all the way to Maine for lobster dinner [from utah] - picked up my Mom and Dad in New York State on the way. Lobster eaten inland doesn't taste the same.

I never have room for desert when I eat lobster, but as this is emagination I'll have banana slices, blueberries, strawberries, and fresh peach slices stirred into soft ice cream. I used to do that when I worked at HoJo's 28 flavors.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 17, 2004
6:34 AM

Post #913191

Oh for a lobstah roll (as they say down Maine). That saves me the work and time of having to peel it. YUMMMMM.

I will have fresh strawberry creme pie for dessert. How I love that!!!!

A nice massage afterwards, then hit the hot tub then shower and an adjustable air bed to sleep on. Such is the life for me!!!!!!!!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2004
6:59 AM

Post #913199

i worked at hojos too!!! i think i'll go back and make a bowl of chocolate marshmellow icecream topped with hot fudge and strawberry sauce and covered with tons of whipped cream
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2004
7:08 AM

Post #913208

Yummmmm! I'll have some of that too, please.

I wonder if there are any walnuts, or pecans to add????

Oh, and fresh cherries????

This message was edited Jun 17, 2004 3:09 AM
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2004
2:26 PM

Post #913493

hehe - i'll give you my 'cherry on top' [usually reserved for my DS - but he's not here right now!]
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2004
4:02 AM

Post #914445

We Southerners don't get much fresh cherries shipped down here, so it's a real treat for us. The first time I had some was at my MIL's house in Spokane, WA. My DH won't buy them at the prices they charge down here, after having them readily available in WA state, and cheaper!!! If it was bananas, or some such that he really wanted, he'd probably pay $5 each, if necessary. Aren't we funny????
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 18, 2004
4:24 AM

Post #914464

wish i could get some to you - this year they're especially sweet and juicy...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2004
4:40 AM

Post #914485

Ooh, I wish, too!!! And I'd like to have access to REAL GA peaches to send you, like I grew up with. We can't buy them anymore.

There was a peach packing house about a mile from where we lived, and my Dad was a mechanic, and did a good bit of work for the packing house owners. So we would actually get dump-truck load or two of just right ripe big fat peaches that were too ripe to ship. They would be rotten by the time they arrived elsewhere.

My Mom used to package and freeze them, make preserves, jam, etc. We'd call everybody we knew to come over and get as many as they wanted. They were luscious!!!! But didn't last but a day or so, then had to be dumped/buried. Probably could have made some fine wine out of them, but my folks were teetotalers!!!

On this thread, I guess I can have all the fresh cherries I want. And everybody who likes fresh ripe peaches can have all the perfect ones they want, too!

Ah, what a life!!!! It's kind of hard getting used to such luxury.

IloveJesus99, thanks so much for starting this thread. How's your back feeling?? I hope that here you don't have any pain.

How's the BBQ coming along? What kind of meat is it? What kind of sauce are you using on it? I can't wait 'til it's done!!!!

Or does "BBQ mean grilled hamburgers, steaks, hotdogs, etc.?" It seems to mean something different in the South than elsewhere. Either sounds great!

You're from TX. Does that mean BBQ sauce is involved??????

I'm really hungry! How can that be, with all I've already eaten?!?!?!?!?!?!?

handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 18, 2004
4:52 AM

Post #914503

my mouth is watering for fresh juicy peaches!!!! here's one of my favorite recipes - peach crisp: peal and slice about 4# of peaches and fill a pie plate [deep dish preferable] mix together and sprinkle on top: 3/4 C flour, 1 stick (1/4#)of butter, 1C brown sugar (a little extra won't hurt!), 1t cinnamon. bake 30 min at 350 or until peaches get soft...
and here in i-world i can eat the WHOLE thing and not worry one little bit!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2004
5:05 AM

Post #914519

Aaah, my Mom used to make that, same recipe! She thought she invented it! : ) It sure was good, and, you're right, we can eat all we want here and not worry about calories or heartburn, which I always had, even as a child! It wasn't the peach crisp, or whatever. It didn't matter what I ate. Still have it, but now there are better meds for it than Tums, or Rolaids, which, for me, were useless. Bring on the Prilosec!!!!! I can eat anything here!!!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 19, 2004

Post #916028

Sorry it has taken so long for I had to return home. Lightning hit our hour house 2 weeks ago today and took out alot of our electronics. I just got a new modem hooked up today. So I am back. Let hubby deal with the headaches it left. Now I am back here I feel great. I had a massage before I started this.
To the BBQ as I said up top Lobstah and T-bone. Exactly to your liking. I was raised 30 miles SE of pittsburgh PA and was there till I was 23. Moved here with hubby and MIL and DIL and DS. Been here ever since. So I still cook some of both.
a friend of mine outside of cyber space is always telling me about buying 2 and 3 whole ribeyes and hving them sliced the way she likes them. We are having all those things at this BBQ because out there I don't, can't pay even 3.99 a lb for meat. In here I paid full organic price for our stuff. TOP of the Line...Only the Best for my friends here.
By the way in cyberspace 2 weeks lasts months and months. I am glad you are here and I really am enjoying your company and Judith1 I am glad we are here too. Thanks
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2004
6:30 AM

Post #916057

It's wonderful having a place to go where you can dream, imagine, play out fantasies, escape the realities of life, if even for a few moments. Thanks to all!!

BTW, DH and I are celebrating our anniversary on Sunday, so if no one minds, I'll bring him over for the BBQ, as we were planning on having lobstah and steak, "surf & turf, doncha know?" anyway. He'll really enjoy all the fresh fruit and other goodies we have as well. We can have a "right gud time" with his Irish self!

His name is "Mike," just so we can all be friendly-like.

Any suggestions for additional Irish food and festivities???
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 20, 2004
4:41 AM

Post #917169

This place is for anyone who needs a break or get a way. Bring anyone with you feel free to leave anyone home. This is a place of absolute comfort and rest. Bring your hubby as I would love to meet him and celebrate with you.
I have made arrangements that at anytime you and hubby want to escape to yourselves there will be a palace suite full of the most lush of everything. Massages a hot tub for 2. Fresh fruit from all over the world. What ever your heart desires. I have made arrangements for hubby an extra week off work and a cruise for the two of you with all the same as the room. Enjoy and I am looking forward to meeting him.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2004
5:14 AM

Post #917193

Oh, thanks so much for your warm welcome! I'm sure we'll have a simply perfect time! Now that's exactly my kind of getaway.

We can probably get DH to whip up some of his famous corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes, with tiny tender baby carrots in it as well (YUM...melts in your mouth!), served with his equally famous green beer. He makes the best of both I've ever tasted. I wouldn't even try to compete!

He's already on his way!!!!

Any other Irishmen out there????
I'm Irish-Scotch on my mom's side! Just a wee bit of the Irish, but enough!

1/64th counts! And if you don't know, you probably are, and that counts too!!

This message was edited Jun 20, 2004 1:17 AM
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2004
5:36 AM

Post #917224

yum yum yum yum yum - a new england boiled dinner!
i think i just need a whole day to lay in the pool tomorrow..no worries, no cares, no weeds, no cooking, and no thinking about anything but relaxing ...
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2004
5:47 AM

Post #917230

I was thinking I would supply the beef for this bar-b-que since we raise our own organic beef here on our little ranchette. Instead we can keep mine for the next bar-b-que and you will find that what I have brought is the very finest you can eat because it is raised with such love and attention here. You all know that love and attention makes you a better person and it is the same way with cattle. Why they thrive on love and attention and the meat becomes more and more tender and juicy.

Judith, bring on the green beer! Irish blood runs through my veins on my father's side and Mom's blood has some Irish too. If you ever want to see a real old fashioned Irish party just make a trip to Butte Montana on St. Patrick's Day. OMG do they have a PARTY!!!!!!! When I was a kid they called it the biggest celebration for the Irish in the world!!!!!!!!!! Corned beef and cabbage are a very favorite meal here and I love to fix it too. Yummy red spuds put in it like the Irish do and the best corned beef as well as fresh garden grown organic cabbage.

I am getting REALLY HUNGRY!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2004
6:17 AM

Post #917257

Me too! Hurry up DH!!!!! Let's get on with it!!!!!

Anymore Irish out there??? Come on! You know who you are! You can tell, 'cause shamrocks make you smile!!! Let's show that green!!!!!

There's even an Irish downtown party in LA this weekend! Who knows why???? Don't need a reason to celebrate when you're Irish!!!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2004
4:06 PM

Post #917653

it's not i-world today - it's REAL!!!!! yippppeeeeee! real maine lobstah on special sale for father's day - check out your supermarkets everyone - $4.99 a pound
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2004

Post #918466

Try $12.99 a pound, handhelpers. Huge sigh
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 21, 2004
6:53 AM

Post #918471

i suppose the further and further away you get from maine, the higher the cost will be - ditto sigh - guess it's time to get back to i-world...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 21, 2004
7:09 AM

Post #918481

DD said that a friend of hers was miffed with her boyfriend, so he had given her $100 to spend on herself to make up for the cost of a trip he was taking that she wasn't invited to.

She & friends went to Red Lobster and she spent $92 on a whole lobster, which she ate in its entirety, along with drinks, all by herself. I can't imagine paying that much for lobster, especially from Red Lobster. Here in FL, we have FL lobsters, fresh, called "bulldozers." I haven't a clue why they are called that! But at least they are fresh, but still not as good as the real thing. They should still be better than the likely frozen ones from this food chain.

Ah, youth!!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2004
6:24 AM

Post #920197

$92 for ONE lobster? She could have traveled to Maine and had one and flown back for less money!!!!!!!!

Well at least we don't have to worry about what things cost here on our e-magination vacation. It is all taken care of so everything we desire is free. WHEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

What do you think we should do today? I would like to take in some great movies and maybe another massage and a great time in the hot tub followed by an ice bath. I used to spend my Christmas vacation at a hot springs and we would bathe in the room, put on our swimsuits and go out and swim in the hot pools, get out of them and go make snow angels, and then leap back into the hot water. All day long we would do that while our dad went to a convention there. In the evenings the dads would join us and we would swim with them. When night came I don't think there was a kid in the house that didn't hit the bed snoring before their heads hit the pillow. I would love that relaxed feeling again. sigh

Also think we should go shopping one day and see if we can get some new duds. The shopping is free too. Get your hearts desire!!! How fun is that? :~)
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2004
5:02 AM

Post #921928

Now, Pond, you know we can't make snow angels anymore. Who's gonna help get us back up off our backs??? Dead bug, dead bug!

The swimming is great and the water temp is perfect!

What movies are on tonight?

Ah, shopping!!!!! Haven't been able to shop til I dropped in a really long time. Last time I tried it was more shop til I plopped, which took about 1 aisle! I'm exhausted before I get from the car to the front door of the store with this back I have. But that won't be a problem here, so lemme at it!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2004

Post #923539

Judith, blissfully unaware that she has had full recovery from her ills and pains. She goes into the store and starts to shop then suddenly realizes that she has a body of a healthy 20 year old again. Dear Judith is now aware of her new body. Hot chick there!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004
6:24 AM

Post #923542

Wow! Am I as thin and firm as I was then??? I used to have to stop for milkshakes to stop LOSING weight on a really active job then!!!! Who knew?? I could almost walk between the raindrops then. LOL
dixiechick
Prattville, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2004
6:25 AM

Post #923544

Hey Ponditis, What do I have to do to get a body like that???

I'll need a lot of e-magination lol

How are you tonight?

Carol
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004

Post #923552

Just e-magine! Why not???
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2004
7:30 AM

Post #923569

just emagine it like Judith said. We all have hard bodies now that are free of pain and medical problems. Aren't we going to have fun now reliving our young lives in the way we should have?

I didn't do any hurdles in track and field. I didn't carry a heavy instrument in marching band. I didn't get into a car accident, and I never got chronic lyme disease. I didn't move Mom here so my blood pressure went up big time. I didn't fall off that horse or off that curbing and break my back. I didn't break my leg when I was 2. I didn't get fat from medication and I can lose weight easily. I did stay fit like I am but not fat.

I can't think of any more tonight. My brain is fried but I didn't do it.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004
7:35 AM

Post #923571

Is that with scrambled eggs???
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2004
8:02 AM

Post #923576

yup and bacon for sure. Clogged arteries here we come!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004
8:26 AM

Post #923580

But they don't clog up here!

BTW, glad you're beginning to feel better. I trip to e-magination did the trick!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2004
8:54 AM

Post #923589

No almost one week of sleeping did the trick. Sorry to pop your bubble. :)

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2004
4:21 AM

Post #924947

Awwwwww! And I had such high hopes for improvements for myself here! My hopes are dashed, DASHED, I tell you!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2004
5:04 AM

Post #924977

Dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh--
Or the fields we goooo laughing all the way---
Bells on bobtails ring, making spirits bright---
Oh what fun it is to laugh and sing a sleighing song tonight---
All together now

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride in the ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH!!!!!!

Ok Judith, you hopes should be back now because the sleigh is gone to visit the snow.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2004
5:10 AM

Post #924983

Without Dasher????
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2004
5:47 AM

Post #925010

Dasher is in another song. Ya gotta go with the flow or you can march to a different drummer if you want to in your e-magination. Why you can even climb a tree if you want and hang down scratching you know where.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2004

Post #925016

ROFLMAO!!!

I've never gone with the flow, rather swim upstream. I love the challenge! And, I beat my own drums, thank you! Now don't go making something obscene out of that!!!!!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2004
7:00 AM

Post #925042

Remember we can make snow angels here and jump back up. We can even get on a tramplene with that thing so we don't bounce off. Hey guys the food is ready.

Over my lips over my tongue, look out stomach here it comes.

You know my belly button is not between my boobs here, my chin is. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEE! what a body and no excercise.
I was always made fun of in school for being chunky. Kids are cruel. But if they could see me here in e-magination.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride in the ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH!!!!!!

Lets eat and sing later at the bon fire. OK

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2004
7:34 AM

Post #925049

I'm ready! Looks sumptious!!! So many delish choices, where to start first!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2004
5:55 PM

Post #925586

And No Calories...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 26, 2004
4:57 AM

Post #926305

Best part!!!! Well, probably not as good as the taste!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2004
7:29 AM

Post #927631

MmmMmmm Man MmmMmmmm This is MmmMmmmm mmm chew chew mmmm chew chewmmmm swallow mmmm chew chew chew mmmmmm mmm Mmm mMMmmmm ...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2004
4:18 AM

Post #928752

Pass me some more of that butter, please, for my lobster.
Ooooooh! This is so good! And this beef is soooooo tender.

Good company, good food, what more could one ask?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2004
5:36 AM

Post #928793

Good plants here so we need to all take some home. The guy who owns this place said we can have all of them that we want because he is moving soon and can't take them with him. Judith you better grab that variegated fushia there before someone else gets it. Omgoodness, look at that beautiful Japanese maple with the pink leaves!!! I am truly in love and there are 6 no 8 no I see 12 of those here.

He says take em all. Is this heaven or what?
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2004
5:58 AM

Post #928803

Where will you plant all that? Or do we have a gardener now that takes care of it for us here? When I'm here, can I squeeze a few more things into my yard? I already have a Japanese Maple. Do I have room for another one?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2004
7:04 AM

Post #928822

While you are here you have room for anything you want and help to keep your yard immaculate too. This can be anything from our emagination.

Did you see those beautiful orchids he has? I asked him and he said to help ourselves. These will be lovely hanging in my trees.

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2004
7:24 AM

Post #928835

Did you get all the info on growing them? I tried some once for a while that somebody gave me--failure to thrive. :)
Course, here, they will be no problem to grow, nothing is.
Let's go look at their containers. I'll bet he's got some that will allow me to grow vertically, since space is a bit limited. If no more plants will fit on the ground, I'm gonna have to grow up several layers. Sounds like fun! At least I won't have to bend over and risk tottering over on my head. I've become the "roly-poly" gardener! HeeHee!

Oh, look! These are so pretty! I can grow all my veggies in these, along with some perennials and annuals, maybe even some bulbs that won't rot with all the water. Have you noticed that the gardens always seem like a gentle refreshing rain has just fallen, but I've never seen it rain, or sprinklers running. That's really great! No mold, mildew, rot, damping off. And no bugs either!

And he delivers, so we don't have to lug the plants around while we shop. Now this is the life for me!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2004
4:02 AM

Post #935567

Wow I Love this place. I would love to stay here forever. The greatest part is He may be leaving but someone is comining in his place. They will run this place for as long as we or others like us need it.
That is the best news yet.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2004
4:25 AM

Post #935598

Oh, I just had to come back for another visit here. It's so beautiful and soooooo relaxing--no cares or worries. Life is perfect here!

"June is bustin' out all o-o-ver,
All o-ver the meadow and the hills!
And the rompin' river rushes, and the ...?...pushes
Every little wheel that wheels beside a mill!

June is bustin' out all o-o-ver (help me out here!)
(Anyone know second verse????)

June, June, June---
Juuust be-cause it's Juuuune, Juuuuuune, JUUUUUUUNE!!!!!!!!!

Ah, so lovely sight! It may not be June anymore, but our gardens look like JUNE! I guess that here, it will always be June in our gardens, all through the seasons of the year, even when it snows!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2004
8:12 AM

Post #935700

Yup, I love my hosta named June. Prettiest hosta in my yard. June in the springtime, June in the summer, June at fall time, June is sleeping through the winter but I admire her all the time.

(Sung to the tune of Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at suppertime. Be my little sugar, and love me all the time..)

When I am here I can have all the June hostas in the world if I want them. What fun this is!!!
(rolling her hands together and a sly look upon her face.)
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2004
5:10 AM

Post #936670

Ah, careful now! Would thousands of June Hostas be as lovely as one very special June in our garden? Just look how wonderfully she stands out all alone amongst the other flowers! Why she positively shines out her glory all by herself!!! She must be the queen of flowers here!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2004
6:52 AM

Post #936706

But when you have many acres of garden in this dreamland you should have as much of all the great things in life and June hosta is one of those great things and I want thousands of them. :!)
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2004
7:32 AM

Post #936723

OK, you win. You really drive a hard bargain! Enjoy!

I'm going to "help" plant these beautiful bulbs right now. I can't wait until they bloom!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 14, 2004
10:32 PM

Post #951923

Ponditis, You can have as may june hostas you would like. Sorry I have not been here. my computer was down.
I have a great announcement to make.
We are all going to Hawaii. Of course all expenses paid. And all the plants we want. We will be leaving tomorrow morning.

I would like to take a poll of who would love to continue this post. I know I like it but I would love to know how all of you feel. Also has this post done anything for you and what.
I would love us to share some of our feelings.I know it has been great for me. I really feel like I am there getting all this pampering.
Sandy
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2004
11:56 PM

Post #952023

Ah, Sandy! Just what I need. A trip to Hawaii! I've always wanted to go! Pond lived there, and I bet she would love to visit again. She can be out guide!

POND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you??????????
We need you!!!!

Actually, I love this thread!
I think it should live forever as a respite from day-to-day life.
Thanks so much for starting it!
I kept looking for updated posts, and just assumed that everyone had lost interest.

But it's so nice to have a place we can go to relieve weeks like the ones we at least have been through lately. I'll forget for a while the details and concerns of those, and focus on this wonderful experience.

You bet! Let's go! Others can join up along the way.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 15, 2004
10:08 AM

Post #952574

I'm in! I was born in Hawaii and left there when I was three to move to Taiwan. I haven't seen the islands since I was 7 years old so I sure don't remember enough to be a guide but I am sure the best guide in the world is waiting to show us all the beautiful gardens in the isles. This trip will be such a dream come true for me! Is there any way my DH can come too? He is very very helpful and a very dear and forgiving man.

I love this thread because like Judith it takes away the pain of real life even if only for a few moments. I find it a lot of fun trying to figure out what we are going to do next. This trip to Hawaii is going to be a blast!!!!!!

We can pick up my Godmother or my dear family friend and they could be our guide around the islands. My Godmother was born there and is of Chinese decent. She has traveled the islands extensively and knows how to find bargains too. She can be a hoot too. I can't wait to see her again!

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 15, 2004
3:46 PM

Post #952971

Sure bring DH and we will need your godmother and you can also bring your dear family friend. We can use this to learn alot about Hawaii. For us that have never been there my challenge for everyone is to look up things about Hawaii, what kind of plants they have growing, other islands that make up hawaii, sites to see.
I think doing that will take our mind off of our troubles. All our husbands are invited. Some of us really need that too, as they suffer because they hate to see us suffer. I am sure it is hard especially when I know it has been 5 years for me. And I know how I feel when he is hurting.
So lets go everyone. We will start out on the main island. My friend's DH is from there so she tells me alot. I don't know how many islands make up hawaii, but it will be fun to find out.

We will all start with a limo to the best hotel there. I can smell all the flowers now. Wow what a site. I think for starters we will start out with a whirlpool to relax and then a one hour massage or more if you want. Then maybe a nap
and dinner.
Boy do I feel great after all off that. Now off to a luau. not sure if spelled right. Look at all that food. And I have never tried to hula dance but come on ladies lets show these hawaiian ladies up. Wow that was fun.
Lets find out what kinds of foods they have to eat at a luau and post them here. I know they have roasted pig over a fire with an apple in its mouth, because we have phillapina,can't
spell that either, that bought one for their sons first birthday.
And I know they have pineapples.

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 16, 2004
3:13 AM

Post #953763

Ooh! Everything is so lovely here--the flowers are huge, and look so fresh, and the trees, I've never seen these before! It smells so clean and fresh.

The temperature is perfect! No humidity like at home. The breeze is warm and pleasant, and gently brushes your cheeks.

What a luxurious place! It's all I've ever dreamed of, and more!

It's so nice to know that we can leisurely explore the islands, walk everywhere without pain and fatigue.

I know this isn't heaven yet, but it must feel a lot like this!

I don't ever want to go home! Maybe we'll move here.

I wonder if there are any DGers here? I know I've seen some post on DG before. Maybe they could help show us the sites and join us as well?

Pond, do you remember any of this? At least the feeling of being here, the weather, the flowers and trees? Have you ever been to this part of the state before?
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2004
9:07 PM

Post #956030

And the bessest part is that it is our e-magination, was we can bring anyone and anything with us, right? So my Mom who is no longer in the world, can join us, and they don't have that pesky quarantine for cats...especially ones that are over the Rainbow Bridge, so Meg can be there too! I hope she doesn't manage to catch any native birds while we are there! And what foresight to imagine that we can bring all the plants back that we want! This thread is so much fun, I am so glad it is still going.
We have to have acess to a pool with Dolphins...they are so much fun to swim with...See?

This message was edited Jul 17, 2004 10:56 PM

This message was edited Jul 17, 2004 10:57 PM

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2004
2:45 AM

Post #956468

Oh, those are really great ideas! The dolphins look like a lot of fun!

I, too, have a much-loved cat that I'd love to bring with me, to at least hug and love him once more. Given his loner tendency about people he doesn't know really well, he might not appreciate it much though! He'd stay hidden under the king-sized bed in our luxury suite, except at night, when he'd love to sleep on my lap again!

Oh, and all those plants that I wanted so much, that I managed to murder along the way! I could have them back, and they would thrive beautifully!

And my mom could come back and be with us, minus my dad, who was a wet blanket about traveling! Heehee!

And both our daughters (still alive), on opposite coasts, well and healthy! All the family together again!!!!!

I'm up to 3 dogs and 4 cats, who, of course, would get along swimmingly!!!!!

Oh, what fun!

And we could bring DH's mom & dad, who would love it!!!!! They were a real hoot!!!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 22, 2004
5:44 AM

Post #962693

Wow I didn't think of some of the things you have. I am having a wonderful time. Getting to know all of you and laughing like I haven't in a long time is the greatest. Look at all the hibiscus. JudithI and melvatoo loo at your tans. No need for gooey sunscreen and never a bad hair day here.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2004
6:50 AM

Post #962727

I hope I am no longer fat here. I left here a skinny toddler and want to come back a shapely mature woman. My hair is really long again like it was in March till my wrist gave out and I have a great tan too.

I think I will leave my critters home after all they can have a vacation anyday and I never get one from them. Oh except for my right hand dog Whitney. She is only a little over 3 pounds so she won't take up much space and she is never demanding. Nor is she a barker so we won't have to worry about her even if we go out to dinner. She will be content in my purse sleeping away.

Ahhh the orchids are gorgeous and look over there at all those gingers!!!!!! The palm trees are swaying in the ocean breezes, the surf is up and I think I am going to try surfing. After all here I won't get hurt because this is a perfect world.

YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! This surfing is soooo fun. Come on you guys and try it. Life is good here!!!!!! I may never go home again because I AM home here.

WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 25, 2004

Post #966897

NEVER have a bad hair day?????????
That'll be a first for me! Everyday for me is a bad hair day except here! No more tangles, just a long healthy luscious mane, and no gray either. And any color I want. I think I'll have blonde for a change. Oh, and change my eyecolor too ! I'm tired of brown "cow eyes." Maybe an aqua blue would be nice.

And the swimsuits fit???? Boy, that's been a while! I think I'll have the aqua blue one to match my lovely new eyes!

Lookout, Pond!!!!!!! I'm coming in with you !

Come on Sandy and Melvatoo!!!
Look at the paradise God has made for us!
Let's go!

WHEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
(oops!)
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2004
3:55 AM

Post #968054

WATCH OUT JUDITH!!!!!!!!

OH OHHHH Judith just hit the instructor with her surfboard. He is such a hunk! Look at him helping her back up on the board just like the sweet guy he is. Here in fantasy land no one will be hurt and life is sooooo good.

Oh WOWWWOOOWOWOWOWOW Look at these nice drinks they just brought out for us!!!!!! I don't know which one I want to drink they are so pretty that I don't want to mess them up.

Ok I will try the one that is pineapple, strawberry, mango, and apricot nectar with lots of cherries added to it at the end. Whip cream in it and on it too. This is soooooo yummy!

Judith dear friend you need to try one of these wonderful smoothies they have brought out to us. Man alive are they GOOD.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2004
4:03 AM

Post #968066

Oooooh! Bring it on! Looks de-lish!

Wow! He is a hunk, isn't he?
Oh, well, I'm taken anyway. And besides, I've been noticing that our hubbies are getting pretty buff as well! We'll have to watch them a little closer, you think????

Ummmmm! This tastes really good!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 26, 2004
4:06 AM

Post #968073

i'll take a smoothie - gotta get back in this e-world
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2004
4:20 AM

Post #968091

Welcome, hand! Here's one for you!
My, you're looking really good!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 28, 2004
10:02 AM

Post #971980

Welcome back hand! I have been wondering where you have been. You look mighty fine for a gal your age! (Lani with a twinkle in her eyes is smacked by the younger Hand) Whoa there slow down girl. I am getting dizzy watching you flit around. Sit down and drink a smoothie and rest a bit. I am sure you will be feeling better very soon.

UUUuUUmmmmmmmmm this smoothie is soooo tasty! It is hard to believe we were ever in that other realm now that we are here. This is so nice I want it to go on forever! We don't age here either. It is interesting that we remain the same age as when we came but we get better looking without much effort on our parts. Dr Haveashoe is such a sweet doctor! I do think he is the one responsible for our feeling so good! We need to thank him.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2004
6:45 AM

Post #974029

Dr. Haveashoe???????
Is that like Haveaheart????
Haveacow????
Haveasnitfit????
Haveitmade???
Here, Haveanothersmoothie!
Only one shoe???? Does he have a wooden leg???
Poor doc, doesn't even Haveapair!
Havea(hic!)nothersmoothie! (hic!)
HaveIlostmymind???
Haveagoodchanceof it????
Haveaseat???
Haveacookie???? Good!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2004
9:32 PM

Post #975113

Judith dear, sit down and relax a while. I think you are going nuts from all the fun we have been having here and maybe you need to go back to reality once again for a day or two.

There, there dear friend, it will be just fine. Don't cry and don't talk for a while. I will give you a nice massage and try to help you relax again.

Does that feel better, dear?
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2004
3:59 AM

Post #975762

Havatampa?
Havaheartattack?
Havasmoke?
Havabadday?
Hava---
Hava-------
Hava------------
Hav-----------------
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm---------
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2004
9:12 AM

Post #980979

Have a piece of fudge, Judith. There there you just take good care of yourself now. I will keep you primed with the fudge so eat to your heart's content.

Now we need to find a place where we can all do things we have dreamed of doing our entire lives. I would love to swim with the dolphins, watch the Lippizan stallions perform in the Spanish Riding School outside of Vienna Austria. Also want to see Taiwan again since I lived there from the age of 3 to the age of almost 7. We had a dear maid there whos name sounded like my Dad's sneezes. AHHHHH SHOOOOOO I would dearly love to try to find her. Then there is the Great Wall of China that I would love to see in person and a tour of China would be in order. Austrailia is next for me. I would like to see all the animals that would be very strange to us here.

Judith, are you ok now? Drink this tea. It will help you to focus your thoughts.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 3, 2004
2:27 AM

Post #982369

Are we in China now, or is this Australia? I smell Chinese food, but there goes another kangeroo! Where are we, anyway?
Waaaaaaaaaah! I never did get to hula dance!!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2004
5:25 AM

Post #986619

Well since this is our E-magination we can go back and go to a luau and hula dance our brains out. Come on you gals lets go!!!!!!! We are going to a hookeylau! Hmmm maybe my Hawaiian spelling isn't good but my intentions are. lol

Judith dear, you can wear this beautiful red Muumuu or this lovely blue one OR we can have them custom made for you in any color you want just down the street here. My Godmother has sent me several from fabric she has chosen. They do great work and fairly fast too. Well?
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2004
5:53 AM

Post #986644

Oooh, they are pretty! Ordinarily, at my age and figger, I'd pick the blue, sort of fade in with the beautiful blue sky. But...since this is emagination, and we all have such lovely bodies and features, I'll choose the red, like I used to wear in my 20's. Ah, those were the days!

Are you sure we won't gain out weight back with all these luaus??? I wouldn't want to strain the seams of this muumuu! I guess all the hula-ing will work off all the calories. Or does this food have any calories?

Let's haul it, Honey!!!!!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2004
6:05 AM

Post #986651

Since it is our emagination...there are no calories in any of the food...none!
So, are we back in Hawaii? I want to ride horses on the beach...I think there is a Breed of Horse, native to Hawaii, and we could rent them and ride on the beach...since we are all as we were long ago...(I think I had a good 'figger' for about five minutes, but I have no problem imagining how it felt) we need to get ahold of some horses!

This message was edited Aug 5, 2004 2:25 AM
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2004
6:36 AM

Post #986673

Now that really sounds like fun, Melvatoo! I used to love to ride horses (before my back problems...that I don't have here!). So, yes, let's ride.

C'mon, Lani! I know you love to ride your horse. She's right here, waiting for you! And no bad wrists to worry about, or pain. Come to think about it, no pain afterward either, since it's been so long since my aunt fanny sat on a horse!

Which way, east or west? If we head west, we can catch the sunset.

Sandy, Hand, where are you?????
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2004
6:47 AM

Post #986682

I bet the sunsets here, are incredible! so, let's go west...it has been twenty years since I was on a horse...but they always say, that there are things that you never forget how to do...and riding a horse, is one of them...so let's ride!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2004
7:16 AM

Post #986695

I hope we forgot how to fall off!!!!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2004
7:36 AM

Post #986705

Or if we didn't...I hope we remembered how to fall without getting hurt! ( I got pretty good at that)
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2004
7:41 AM

Post #986708

Ewwwww! I didn't!! It was always a looooooong way down.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2004
7:58 AM

Post #986712

Believe it or not, but there is kind of an art to falling...and I did get pretty good at it. Not that I liked to fall..cause I didn't!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2004
8:18 AM

Post #986717

Well, come to think of it, I guess I have sort of developed an "art to falling," due to my frequent falls lately, that have nothing to do with riding a horse! I've learned to kind of "sink down and roll." LOL Usually eases the blow when I realize I'm going down. Maybe that would work on horses. Just sort of ooze down it's side and roll away so I don't get trampled. ;) Just a mental image of that makes me laugh! Thanks! I needed that!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 6, 2004
3:19 AM

Post #988378

hi all - i'm in real-life e-land right now...i'm home in maine with beautiful weather - had delicious strawberry daiquiri with whipped cream on top AND twin lobsters for dinner. YUMMY!!! the ocean water yesterday was WARM = amazing for maine. will be seeing old friends tomorrow - if i can't sneak back on again before i leave ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANI!!!!!! and when i do get back to PA i'll have to join you in e-e-land again!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2004
5:26 AM

Post #988486

Hand, you can ride along with us and not even be here. We will be sure you are having a ton of fun with us. I think the others have forgotten that we are in E-magination land so if they do fall off their horses they would land lightly on their feet and be able to vault right back up on them. Ladies!!!!
LOOK AT THAT PLANTATION!!!!!! All the pineapples we could ever want to eat are right there before our eyes. AHHH don't they smell RIPE??? What a delicious fragrance that is.

Mr. Makaloakaula? Would you be willing for us to pay you for a few of those fresh pineapples? You would? AND you would be willing to ship some every month to our homes in the states???? How wonderful is that? YUMMMMMMM these are tasty and you sure know how to cute them up easily. Why, this horse even wants some of this sweet fruit. Look at her drool.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2004
5:30 AM

Post #988492

Judith,
I had a friend who used to tell me, that most injuries came from trying to stop your fall, instead of the fall itself...so when I know I am going to fall, I just go with it, it is the same when you fall off a horse...I have fallen a lot lately, too.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2004
5:44 AM

Post #988504

I'm just not sure I could ooze far enough down to land lightly on my feet! Some say aging is just a return to our original fetal state.
A regression, so to speak. Well, lately, I've been doing a lot of the toddler "all fall down." ;)

I love this fresh pineapple! I wonder if it'll taste this sweet and fresh when it's shipped. Probably not, so I guess we'll just have to stay here. Maybe I won't fall down here either!

Look, there's a trail going up that mountain! Let's see where it goes!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2004
4:46 AM

Post #993028

Lets take the horses so we don't have to come back down and get them. I love to travel mountain trails on a horse. They are such great companions when you are lost.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 9, 2004
4:56 AM

Post #993036

Judith,
I don't think I ever was able to land on my feet, it was, (and is) my butt...I just learned how to relax so it was just bruises and nothing more serious..
I agree, Lani, we should take the horses on the trail up into the mountains, I think that was Judith's plan too...
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 9, 2004
5:43 AM

Post #993071

i'm ready for the trail - last time was in utah in 'marlborough country'. so quiet in the middle of nowhere - only a generator for electricity. i think i'm in the mood for juicy peaches which happen to be in season right now...mouth watering, dripping down the chin juicy peaches! and after the ride, how 'bout a nice hot jacuzzi - the kind with a million jets, hitting you in all the right places!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 9, 2004
5:45 AM

Post #993072

You betcha! I never cared for hiking. My feet always hurt. Wait, here, they probably wouldn't. Still, I think I'd prefer to ride the horses, so long as they won't get hurt. If it starts to look iffy, we can always go back down. We can always rent a helicopter!

That's not a bad idea--renting a helicopter!

Maybe after we come back down, we could do that, since it won't cost anything. And we can see the overview orf all the terrain of all the islands!

Cool!!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2004
2:26 AM

Post #994457

That would be cool Judith. I would go with you and see the land of my birth. But for now lets mosey on up this hill they call a mountain and see what flowers and neat plants we can see. Ohhh look at that beautiful orchid in that tree!! It is so pretty with its ruffles of pink and its center of purple! And look at that gorgeous red bird! I have never ever seen such a pretty bird. A cardinal I saw back east pales in comparison!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 10, 2004
4:09 AM

Post #994611

Maybe we'll see some of those "dog parrots" like on the brug forum! Oh, everything is soooo lush and colorful! Just beautiful! Like no other place on earth, I bet. And the sky is so blue. Almost feels like you can touch it! Oooooh! Look at the yellow orchids over there!

There's a different kind of hosta I believe! Do you have one of those?

You bring any fudge with you up here?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2004
8:58 AM

Post #994727

I've got some fudge right here in the saddle bag. I don't go much of anywhere without my famous fudge.

I don't have that plant if it is a hosta. I think it would be against the law to dig a part of it too. Wish we could though because it is gorgeous with its red stalks and red flowers. I have never seen a hosta with red flowers.

Anyone want some of this famous Popeye's chicken I brought? It sure is yummy stuff!
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 10, 2004
4:18 PM

Post #995239

i want the fudge - your fudge!!!!! no chicken, no fruit, no veggies... FUDGE!!!!! [maybe a strawberry daiquiri with whipped cream as a side dish!]
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 10, 2004
11:51 PM

Post #996008

I want fudge first! Then the chicken. I've never had Popeye's chicken. Is it better than KFC Crispy??? I love the wings. Lots of breading, fat up to whoooee, but this is emagination, so I can indulge. You got 4, no 5 wings? Who brought strawberry daiquiris? Was it you, Hand? You're all women after my heart. It doesn't get any better than no-cal fudge, fried chicken, and daiquiris!

Well, some fried okra, fried tomatoes, squash and corn fritters, mild sausage, biscuits, ham, grits with fresh-churned butter, fresh corn-on-the-cob, and good ol' fried Southern cornbread, with greens, taters, maters...oh, man, I could just go on and on. You can bring me to emagination cyber world, but you can't get the Southern out of me! And no calories, no cholesterol, NO PROBLEM!!!!!

Burp!

Oh, and fried Vidalia onion rings! And fresh fried home-cooked greasy french fries! None of them fried frozen Mickey D's stuff! & a Shoney's Big Boy. Mmmmm!

If I'm gonna be here, I'm gonna eat everything I love! Cheesecake with cherry and blueberry topping, coconut custard pie, lemon chiffon pie, heck, any chiffon pie, red velvet cake, chocolate layer cake, burnt sugar caramel layer cake, fresh homemade divinity with nuts. I might toss in a fresh garden salad between courses. Then there's Italian--spaghetti w/ tomato meat sauce & parmesan, garlic-buttered Italian bread, aaaaah, lasagna, homemade, with just the right ingredients and herbs, chicken & dumplin's, filet mignon, more lobstah, shrimp, battered and fried, steamed, scampi, garlic & butter-fried, tortellina with white alfredo sauce, lots of cheese, pepperoni, green sweet peppers, onions up to chooey.

OMG, I think Imma gonna be sick! Wait, I can't get sick in emagination!

Watermelon, home-churned peach ice-cream, those peanut-butter cookies you used to could buy in sugar-wafer molded crust. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm! Wonder why they don't make those any more. I used to watch the noon 1-hour circus and eat those 'til they came out my ears, with coke float, or 7Up. Big dill pickles, really thin slices of cheddar cheese.

Oh my! I've done died and gone to heaven! Forget the weeds in the garden! We don't have weeds here!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!
Country done come t' town!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
3:29 AM

Post #996395

Judith,
Popeye's chicken is a lot better than KFC it is spicy chicken, and very good.
Lani, chicken and fudge in your saddlebag...I am impressed! Were you a Girl Scout?
Not only are there no calories in the food, we also never get full, or sick...so we can eat all we want.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2004

Post #996466

Absolutely! And we can each have the food we loved and would just love to taste again! Those tiny peas, butterbeans, everything picked early so it's delish and not all fat with age. (OK, so I'm fat with age, but not on this thread!)

Spicy chicken! What kind of spices?
I can eat this here and not worry about my over-acid-producing tummy!
I'm game. Bring it on!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
5:01 AM

Post #996518

Judith,
It always gives me heartburn, but I love it so much, I have to get it once in a blue moon...(oh! I just missed my chance, as the moon was blue...) One of the spices used is Paprika, I am not sure about the other ones...Do you have Grandy's where you are? They are popular here in Texas, and they have good chicken, too. But I think the very best was the chicken that my Mom used to fry...I wish I had gotten her 'recipt' but since it is our emagination, she can be there with her chicken, and potato salad, and chili, and short ribs, and ...she was the best cook, ever...
And I can hardly boil water...my attention span is so limited...Mom could spend hours making a dish that we demolished, in a few minutes. Her short ribs were an example, they were marinated in Kahula, sounds odd, but it was real good.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2004
5:24 AM

Post #996537

MMMmmmmmm! ribs marinated in Kaluha!

My mom was a "devout Baptist," so no liquer or spirits allowed in the house. Of course, no card playing, no dancing (I was 39 before I learned to dance). Now I can't because of my back. Think of all those wasted years. And no Solitaire? How would I get to sleep every night, if I couldn't bore my self to sleep with Solitaire?

My dad didn't like fried chicken, so mom never cooked it. I had to learn how after I was all grown up. And it took me quite a while to be able to get it done all the way through without burning the outside. It's not as easy as it might sound.

Anyhow, we can bring your mom back here, so she can share her fabulous recipes with us.

Come to think of it, mom never cooked ribs either. Dad didn't like them either!

But we could bring my granma back, just so I could get her fantastic recipe for cornbread. It was delish! I really wish I had asked her for the recipe before she died, just never thought of it. She would have laughed. She made it every day, never failed. Served it with home-churned butter, unsalted. Nothing better, not to me, anyway.

So many things we ate and enjoyed when we were young, that we never thought to consider asking how they were cooked to be so good!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
6:16 AM

Post #996584

Yes, I know what you mean...there are a lot of things I wish I had gotten recipes for...I don't know why I thought I had unlimited time to do such things, but I did, and now ...So we'll have my Mother there, and your Grandmother, and we'll get those recipes...
My father, was Baptist too, but Mom wasn't...besides, when you cook with alcoholic things, the alcohol burns off and just leaves the flavor...

This message was edited Aug 11, 2004 2:50 AM
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2004
6:29 AM

Post #996593

My mom never believed that. Plus, where would she have gotten the alcohol? The church members kept a very close watch on who stopped off at the liquor store!

Obviously two teetotaler parents didn't rub off on either myself or my brother! Not that we're alcoholics or anything. We just enjoy our evening "toddies." Moderation in all things, the good book says. God allowed it to be possible, gave us free will. How we choose to use it is up to us. Hey, Jesus turned water into wine for the wedding feast in Cana.
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 11, 2004

Post #996607

i remember my mom and my aunt trying to write down my gramma's recipes. since she 'measured' ingredients with her hands and fingers it was interesting to see the translation! for some reason everyone's 2 favorites weren't gotten - black/white spiral cookies and cinnamon/raisin rolls. man oh man - i can taste them just thinking about it -
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
7:16 AM

Post #996611

That was how Mom measured things too...and I do the same thing, drives my husband nuts.! He will ask me, 'did you put the salt in? how much? and when I tell him it was using the palm of my hand to measure, he tells me, it can't be done like that...I answer back...how come? It worked for my mother and grandmother, why not me?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 11, 2004
8:24 AM

Post #996635

Hey everybody, I must have fallen off the earth. You know here it can be flat like columbus said if we want. Yuck how boring, just like texas.
How far is denton from houston?
Somehow I got kicked off watching this thread? Go figure. I thought I would check tonight and here everybody is. Welcome back hand.
Wow horses. I just caught up on my appaloosa horse. Ain't she a beut!!! I need a smoothie and some fudge please. Can I have a double shot of Jack Daniels? I have been in the real world too long. I need to relax fast. My neck is so tight you could bounce a golf ball of of it.
Sure glad to be back. And all of us so gorgeous and all. The world can have there breast implants...my boobs don't hang to my knees here...eat your heart out world.
I can't believe the beauty of this place. Wow look at that sunset.
What are we doing tonight girls?
I didn't get my moms recipes either. Macaroni and cheese to die for.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
2:12 PM

Post #996974

I think Denton is close to 200 miles from Houston, we used to make the drive most every weekend, about 10 years ago, Phil's Father lived there, and when he was real sick...we were there for him...He can be in Hawaii too, he was a really nice man, nicer to me, than my father..
It sure is nice to be able to ride horses without paying for it later, us being so gorgeous and all...And yes, your Appie is gorgeous!! And yes, to the Jack Daniels, as much as you like. We can feel the whiskey here, but have none of the side effects (what a deal!)
Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorites, and here it doesn't cool so darn fast, and become like glue, in our emagination, it stays the perfect temperature, and consistency...
See you later...I am going back to bed for awhile...
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2004
2:16 PM

Post #996976

Denton is 278 miles from Houston...It is a bit more than I thought.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2004 6:17 PM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 11, 2004
8:17 PM

Post #997609

Oh my that far. Good thing here we all can spend all the time with each other.
The real world can be such an awful place to be in..
Get some more sleep as I may too. I was up for over 48 hrs this past weekend and didn't go to bed till 3 this morning. I sure hope I make it to church tonight. I need it.

YeeeeeeeeHah look at this appie run. we are freel as the wind.
Love you all
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2004
3:25 AM

Post #998251

Interesting that all your Mom's were the cooks in your family. In my family my Dad was the better cook. He used to say that when Mom cooked "she turns the stove into an old testiment altar because she sacrifices so much to the gods." LOL She burned something with almost every meal I remember her ever making because she would flit off to do something else and forget that she had something cooking on the stove. I learned to cook from him and my best friend's Mom. Her Mom was a great cook and I was smart enough to gather many of her recipes. One of my favorites is called a pasty. That is a Welch dish of basically pie crust wrapped around potatoes, vegies and meat cooked fully in the oven and served with or without gravy on it. The Welch miners who moved to the mines of Montana brought this recipe with them since it was a favorite dish to take into the mines for their dinner. We used to make tons of the things for fund raisers so I have the recipe almost memorized. Then there is her marinated elk steak, deer roast, roast wild goose, roast wild duck, among other recipes. Then there is my grandma's Orange peel candy, family fudge, carmel corn, popcorn balls that are decedently soft yet wonderfully good, mint candies, red velvet cake, wacky cake, homemade cinnamon rolls with lots of cinnamon so you can actually taste it (what a concept!) and more. Hey here in our emagination I can bring Mom Keyes and my best friend back to life so they will be here fixing my favorite recipes. oh YUMMMMM

Oh my!!!!!!!! Look at that beautiful waterfall!!!!!!! I have always wanted to have a great body and take a shower under one of those like you see in the movies. Here I go!!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2004

Post #998373

Me too! I'll join you!

What's wacky cake?

That pasty sounds like a version of the empanada, which I've been learning about in the recipe forum lately. It's South American, and I wouldn't care for some of the stuff in it. But it sounds like you could make one with the sort of things you're talking about. If I could still cook, I think I'd try making some. I don't think DH would be too interested in doing it though.

These are really beautiful horses, and so easy to ride here.

That shower was sure refreshing!

Macaroni & cheese! Yum, yum! I'm getting hungry again, talking about all this good food.

Pass along some of that Jack Daniels!

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2004

Post #998394

Great of Jack to come along. Here have some more. Hey the massuse is on the way. I need a massage right about now. While we are waiting on them to get here I am going under the water fall and shower. I wonder if there may be a cave of diamonds under there. Shall we find out?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2004
9:02 AM

Post #998443

Well girls, they don't call it Diamond Head for nothing!!!!! I think we have found the secret entrance into the sacred diamond cave of folk lore. Let me turn on my flashlight.

WOW!!!!!!! Did you ever see anything like THAT?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2004
1:01 AM

Post #999802

Wow, know I have never seen anything like this before. Diamonds as big as our fists. Or could it be quartz?
Beautiful either way.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 13, 2004
3:29 AM

Post #1000031

Look over there!!!!!! OMG!!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 13, 2004
3:57 AM

Post #1000081

OMG Judith that is the most gorgeous stone I have ever seen!!!!!!! It looks like the fabled red diamond. Anyone have a diamond that I can use to try to scratch it? It won't harm your diamond to do just a tiny check of it. Wowsers that is gorgeous!

Yup, it is a RED diamond. And look over there at the green diamond and over there are some yellow ones!!! We have an entire jewelry store here!!! In fact it is enough to be a whole chain of jewelry stores. How much fun is this?

Look over here at the gorgeous blue flower. Doesn't it look like a blue brugmansia? If it is a blue brug we can go into business selling those. I have been searching far and wide for a business I can do from home and it looks like we have just been handed two of them. Yippppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 13, 2004
4:17 AM

Post #1000114

Ooh! That is a blue brug! That's gorgeous! It's a soft sky blue! I wonder if there are any more here?

How're we gonna get these huge stones out of here? I mean, we don't own this property. And people would see us for sure if we tried to take them out of here. I mean, you can't just stuff 'em in your purse, or your bra!

No, no! Not even one on each side! There is a limit you know! Look how much attention Dolly Parton gets, and these would be waaaaaaaay bigger than that!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2004
5:22 PM

Post #1000862

We need to go stake a claim. I know that we can do that and not tell anyone anything till we have all of these in a safe place. If not already owned by an individual it is ours and everything here. Lets leave it all here so noone sees a piece off it and follows us next time.

Sandy
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 15, 2004
8:10 AM

Post #1002906

I just hope we can find it when we come back.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 15, 2004
8:19 AM

Post #1002912

I hope all of us aren't as directionally-challenged as I am!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 17, 2004
11:59 PM

Post #1006930

Not here . We have the brains of einstein, remember it it e-great memory of an elephant. And who could forget this place. Hurry lets go so we can get there before they close and we can't stake our claim today. Look at all those beautiful parrots and macaws.
I just want to say I have never had more fun with friends than I have with all of you. And I am sure there is alot more to come. Boy am I hungry. Race you back. YeeHaw Come on girl lets go (as she easily kicks the appys sides and yells giddy up. And the others are surprised to see they are left in the dust.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 18, 2004
5:26 AM

Post #1007406

Well, c'mon the rest of us "einsteins," let's move it! I'm starving too!
Giddyup, baby!
Wonder what's to eat tonight?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2004
6:36 AM

Post #1012054

Where is everyone? I already finished my nap before dinner. Lets catch a plane and go to one of the smaller islands tomorrow. Now get up you sleepy heads. LOL
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 21, 2004
7:14 AM

Post #1012072

I'm up! Sounds like a plan.

C'mon all ya'll!!!!!!! The adventures continue!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2004
7:20 AM

Post #1012074

Not a plane...let's take a heliocopter...that way we can really see everything, and even buzz the dormant (I hope) volcanos...
I think we need to have some prawns for dinner, prepared all kinds of ways...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 21, 2004
7:40 AM

Post #1012082

The prawns sound great! And I'd like the helicopter too. I've never ridden in one of those before. Here it probably won't even be noisy! I'm with you on the "dormant" volcanoes!!!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2004
10:36 PM

Post #1012921

I will go for all of the above. Even the prawns but what are they?
Helicopter sounds devine. Wow volcanoes...
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2004
10:57 PM

Post #1012943

From what I understand, and for here, prawns are really big shrimp...I don't want to mess around with the little guys...I want big, honking shrimp! Preferably coconut ones...prawns prepared in garlic butter would be okay too...
http://www.asiafood.org/glossary_2.cfm?wordid=2863

This message was edited Aug 21, 2004 6:58 PM
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2004
2:12 AM

Post #1013156

I want to try a taste of all the kinds that guy talked about constantly on "Forrest Gump!"
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 22, 2004
7:10 AM

Post #1013387

Ohhhhh Prawns!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE prawns. They are huge shrimp almost the size of a small lobster. Very tasty and tender. What a life we can have here. I think I am just going to buy some of this great land and live here from now on. I know my Godmother would love it if I would move "home" Wouldn't ya Geri?

See you gals? Geri is getting very excited with the idea that I want to move here to live here again. She is even going to help me buy the land. I am so excited now and all of you can come to visit anytime you want and we can continue our adventures after these are done. What a life!!!!!!!!!

Hey! Here is the heliport. Everyone climb onboard. This is going to be such fun and so beautiful. He said he will swoop us down right over that gorgeous waterfall that we used to see on the show "Fantasy Island". And we can end our flight in Kawaii for a good old-fashioned Hawaiian Party. Dancers and poi and everything for dinner that you can imagine. Why they even have New York style pizza for those who don't like the Hawaiian delicacies. OK We are OFF!!!!!!

HANG ON!!!!!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2004
7:40 AM

Post #1013395

Whoooooooooooooooooooooaaaah!!!!

Oh my, it's beautiful up here!
I'm so excited!!!!!!! (there I go again!) ; ~O
I've never been flying in a helicopter before!
And I was right! It is very quiet up here in e-magination!

Pond, can I rent some of that land from you and put me a house on it for me & my DH, and all my kitties, and my little dachshund, Max???
And DDs can come for a visit, but not to stay!

{{{{{{[[[[[[(((((((I couldn't find anywhere to put a ".")))))))]]]]]]}}}}}}
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 25, 2004
5:56 PM

Post #1018543

I was thinking they same thing. An acre or 2 for me and DH would be great. I would love a gardener to take care of all of it. Life is good here with my friends. WOW did you see that water fall? How about that coast line?
Here in e-magination I can still have my 2 grandaughters every other weekend.
JudithI I bet my 2 14 yr old daschunds would love Max. Mine are Vienna and Linky.
I am having a great time with great friends. ""sniff"" ""sniff"" did anyone bring kleenex. I am getting a little sentimental.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2004
7:30 AM

Post #1019669

Your two would be young and frisky again, just like we are! And I would sure love to have my "Maxie" back again, young & frisky, to play with "Vienna" & "Linky." Oh, what cute names for dachshunds!

They could play with Whitney. She'd learn to love 'em! They could have a great barking party! And we wouldn't have to hear them! It'd be an "all dog alert," like on 101 dalmations.

Ooh! We gotta visit that waterfall and that coastline tomorrow! Put them on the list too.

Pond, can we have both??? The Hawaiian food AND the NY style pizza?? What's the difference in NY style pizza? Will there be any lobster, Hawaiian style? Uh Oh! Now I'm hungry again!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 27, 2004
5:30 AM

Post #1021406

Oh quiet barking...That would be great for linky as his bark is so irritating.
I'm hungry too. Pineapples, coconut, Lobster, prawns all we can eat. Never fattening and never too full. After dinner an hour massage and where too then? I think the moon is full tonight. I bet the beach is great looking under a full moon.
Hey what are the first pieces of jewelry are you 2 having made? Great Idea to rent out the whole bank to keep our stuff in. Did you see the the look on that bank managers face when we tipped him with that 5 carat diamond. cut down it may only be 3 carats but that will need a sling to hold his wifes arm up. Do you think it will be for wife or a mistress? Maybe he'll cut it evenly into 2. one for both. Did you see him blush when we ask who would end up getting it.
He just better not put the setting he has made on a credit card for wifey to see. Or he won't have the best of both worlds anymore.

Come on girls lets eat. Aren't these buffets great? Oh and look at that NY pizza.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2004
6:07 AM

Post #1021433

I'm gonna have some of all of it, then come back for round 2. Everything looks so good. I usually have a problem with so many food choices, 'cause I know I can't sample it all. But here you never feel overfull, just very, very satisfied.
And just look at that dessert table! I'm gonna have some of all that too, twice!

Sandy, that walk on the moonlit beach sounds wonderful!

I got a huge emerald and a beautiful ruby that I'm gonna have made into pins, with diamonds. I think I'm going to get a sapphire, and I know I'm going back for that humongous opal I saw.

Shoot, I'll get one of those cute little scooters to ride around on when I'm wearing them to help carry the weight.

What is that yellow stone? I really like it and want to get one or maybe two of those. They're not quite as large, but I could get a butterfly pin from them to add to my butterfly pin collection.

I better quit talking and start eating, now that I have two plates full of this delicious food.

Lets go sit over there by the huge fire pit. I love to watch the flames. It's so relaxing to me, sort of entrancing, like watching a waterfall, or those beautiful tropical fish in such strikingly beautiful colors and shapes.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 27, 2004
6:57 AM

Post #1021471

That yellow stone is a yellow diamond.
Amen to the scooter...
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2004
7:12 AM

Post #1021480

Ooh! It's gorgeous! Gotta get some!

Where's that scooter shop???
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 31, 2004
8:22 PM

Post #1028583

What happened to everyone? Maybe it is time for the post to come to a close. I am sure I won't be back for awhile. Even my e-magination can't make me feel better at this moment. I love you all. Please carry on.
I am very depressed and it seems like I have let everyone down out here.
Enjoy Hawaii. I am going back to bed as thet is the only way to escape today. I will be back I just am not sure when. Take care my wonderful friends

Sandy
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2004
10:02 PM

Post #1028719

hi sandi - no, you've not let ANYONE down - not by a long-shot. i'm just coming out of my funk right now. not even e-magination couldve helped me get through taking my 'baby' off to college [amongst other things]. i haven't posted in any forum in weeks...
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 1, 2004
4:19 AM

Post #1029191

I am still fighting this wrist in reality but I am here reading you guys every night you post. I am trying to rest this wrist until after the next surgery to get the inflamation out of it.

In Emagination I am without pain and here sitting on the beach in Hawaii with a gorgeous hunk fanning me with a palm branch. Doesn't he have magnificent muscles? Like Adonis

What's that? Would I love some coconut cream suprise drinks for my friends? Sure. I think put some Mango in mine and could you make sure that a massage is ready for me when I get in. This has been a long day of playing.

Gee thank you. This drink is the best I have ever had. You do things well here in Paradise.

Come on you guys, lets go swimming and see the fish. No sharks can bother us here. We are totally protected by this great hunk. What a life!!!!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2004
4:35 AM

Post #1029208

Is he gonna swim with us????????????

Come on, Sandy, Hand, join us!

Shut down this post????
Where would we go for comfort, hugs, fun, delicious food, and no pain???

Sandy, we all "get down" from time to time. It's all part of being disabled. But we didn't make it this far to give in to depression. That ugly beast will always be around to haunt us and taunt us, and try to drag us down. But that's why we're all here in e-magination, for each other, to support and comfort each other, to care about each person here. Everybody matters here! We can't get along without anyone!

So get the heck out of your funks! I need all of you to give me hugs and support, as I go with my DD for surgery on Friday in Jax. We need your prayers, and nobody's getting off this merry-go-round when they're needed.

I won't be on the net for a few days until we return. But you can be sure that I will be thinking of each of you and keep you in my prayers!

Nobody gets to give in or give up here!!!!

Give me one of those coconut cream surprise drinks----nah, make that two!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 1, 2004

Post #1029300

Judith I think your drink needs to be spiked so you can relax for the next few days. Hugs and prayers go with you as you all go on your journey. I know it will all be fine for her and she will be much happier and heathier for getting it done. Heaven only knows why it took the docs so long to do this surgery but in my heart of hearts everything will work out fine for her. I know this is still your baby and your future grandkids here!!! I am well aware of that and you know I am because I want those little gremlins around the house too. :~)

HUGS to all of you.

Your drink is here Judith. Taste the marvelous ripe pineapple and coconut in it? OMGosh does he do a great drink or not? Did you see his friends over there? They are waiting to be of service to us too. We are getting to be very popular since we were flashing all our riches around here.
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2004

Post #1029309

oh pond - i caught you!!! you're supposed to be in e-land dreamland right now!!!!
thoughts and prayers are with you and dd, judith!
i think i'm gonna have a cosmos! and sit and relax by the pool ----
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2004
6:35 AM

Post #1029318

Rich'll do that, ya' know!

&Thanks for the hopes and hugs!
(God's will)
But I'll take the spiked drink!

Let's see if I can "burn rubber" when I tear out of here in my wheelchair!!!!! Beep! Beep!

You guys keep up the happy, OK? I'll need it when I get back!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2004

Post #1035201

Ohhhh you guys have you tried these hors de vors (sp)? I think they are macadamia cherry drops dipped in the best chocolate. Just let them sit in your mouth for a while and drip down your throat with their wonderful flavors. Judith can you taste that? OMG that is wonderful. Almost as good as my fudge! lol

Look at that hosta over there! It has to be a hosta because the shape of the leaves is such that I KNOW it is one. But I have never seen one with red centers to the leaves! We need to dig up a couple of starts of it for our gardens and later we can trade them for neat stuff on DG. Oh how I love my plants!!!!

Sandy, look over there! There is another beautiful waterfall for us to bathe in or just to swim under. Isn't that lovely in those trees over there? It HAS to be orchids and look at those bromeliads (sp). Arent those colors just the best? There is even a black orchid. Oh my!!!!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 5, 2004
7:22 AM

Post #1035270

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccchh!
And I'm gonna pick up right where I left off!
Okay, where is everybody???

Garcon! I'll have another of those pineapple/coconut drinks, and don't be stingy! A triple-sized one, for starters!

Ooh, you're right, Pond. These macadamia cherry chocolate drops are to die for!!! But they're not as good as your creamy fudge, never!!

I'm getting a bunch of different kinds of hostas from the coop. That one with the red center is a gotta have to really set off the rest!

These are the most beautiful flowers and plants I have ever seen. So cheerful, and so healthy, too.

Now, let's go into that waterfall! See if it's as good and refreshing as the last one we tried. We have to try them all, you know.

Sandy, Hand, Melvatoo! Come on in! The water's fine! Snag some of those candies on your way in!

It's great to be back, and to escape from hurricane alley!

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 5, 2004
7:51 AM

Post #1035284

I would like one of those triple sized drinks too...with lot and lots of rum...a pina colada for me...a dacquri would be okay too...strawberry, please...oh heck! a gin and tonic would do. I sure am glad it is in my e-imagination, so it won't knock me out, the last timeI had a drink was about two years ago, so just telling me that it has rum or gin or...would work just fine...I am very suggestabible (even though I can't spell it)
I think I am going to hold out for Lani's fudge...but those candies do look fine!
A black orchid? We could make a fortune with that...but wouldn't it be nice to just trade it with our DG's friends? I bet people would trade us some cool things to get one of those babies!
I have always wanted to swim in a pool with a waterfall, a gentle one, so you could stand under it.
Judith, good to see you here...Lani, you too...and where is Sandy? It just is not the same without her, and her Appaloosa...Sandy you hear me? Come back!
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 5, 2004
8:43 AM

Post #1035291

Hi, Melvatoo! I'm sure glad you're back! We have to get Sandy back.

Sandy! Your masseuse is waiting for you! He said he can't do anybody but you! You don't want him to lose his job do you?

We have a pina colada waiting for you too!

Your appaloosa came back without you! Are you OK???????

If you don't come back, then we all have to go home. And I'll have to go back to hurricane Frances, then Ivan! Please let's stay here where life is wonderful! I might drown! Blub, blub, gasp!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2004
7:03 PM

Post #1035747

Well, I just emailed Sandy so I sure hope she comes "home" again to DG very soon. I told her we need her to join us in our party.

Ohhh this waterfall is wonderful and this pond is big enough to really get some swimming in. If you didn't know how to swim before this thread you automatically know how here so have a great time swimming all the different strokes you want to swim.

I would just love a tequila sunrise today. They used to be my favorite drink the few times I ever went out for a drink. I am sure here in Hawaii it will be with fresh fruit mixed in it. Hey, bartender!!!! Could you please bring me a tequila sunrise? Sure all the fruit you want to put in it would be wonderful. The fruit here is SO tasty!!!

Sigh, I think I will just take a little nap on this rock. It is so comfortable here.

zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 5, 2004
7:46 PM

Post #1035801

zzzzzzzz(blub)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(gasp)zzzzzzzzzz
Snort, snozzle, wheeze, zzzzzzzzzz
Oh, Hi, guys 'n gals!
Tequila sunrise??????
Yeah! I'll have one (or 2). zzzzzzzzz
I'll wake up for thatzzzzzzzzzzz
Boy, this rest and zzzzzzz's are really good!
SANDY! Come back! So's we can all wake up!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... . . . . . . . . . . . .
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 6, 2004
4:21 AM

Post #1036253

Ladies you are the greatest. I have never felt this home anywhere else. Fri. I go in for Shots in the facets of L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. At least they put you out of it.Pray for me as I am scared. Then they do them again oct. 1st After that a disco gram. Yuck.
Enough of that

WAKE UPPPPPPPPPP...and pass one of those Tequila sunrise?????? or 2. or maybe 3.
And that massage please.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2004
4:36 AM

Post #1036268

You got it, Lady! Welcome back!
As you can see, we've missed you!

Sounds like you've been having a lot of back pain lately.
That can certainly get you down! It never stops!!!!!!!
Meds don't help! Been there.
So sorry you're having such a bad time.

But here, we can at least provide each other, as well as ourselves, an escape, even if only for a few minutes.
We need you, too, along with everyone else who comes along.

Enjoy your Tequila Sunrise's and your massage!

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs!))))))))))))))))
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 6, 2004
4:17 PM

Post #1036770

do not be scared - i have bilateral facets shots and did ok [what's a disco gram?]
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 6, 2004
4:39 PM

Post #1036792

Welcome home Sandy! Of course we will pray for you...I am sure that everything will be fine. Meanwhile enjoy those drinks! And pet that horse! She was inconsolable without you, I have never seen a horse that had bonded so, with a human...you must be very special..horses know!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 6, 2004
11:56 PM

Post #1037308

WB Sandy!!!!!! We missed you a lot. Even when I can't type I read all these forums and you were truly a part of this one. After all you are the creator of this fine thread. Wasn't the same without ya. You will have my thoughts and prayers.

Melva you are exactly right about that. Horses are such special critters that they do sense special people. My horse Barodnea whickers at special people who are bringing her her dinner all the time. LOL But you are telling the truth because even though they brought her the food if she doesn't like them they are not going to get close enough to be petted even though she is one of those horses you can lead anywhere by the mane.

Ohhh this tequila sunnrowusis tatelskes goedi. wiagtklwei. wintsnklksl;s
assklgnke
lsknglkdfgnbzz,x...x,,z,zlsafljsk;dslekwsigfdghfv
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2004
12:28 AM

Post #1037346

Huh! What's that you said? I don't good I'm thinking so hear.
Mush be da wafertall, or mebbe th' sunical tropsets.
Whu hapent t' my hossie?????
Ooh, shur' glad evrbuddy's back OK.
Hmmmmmmmm...m...m...
...m

This message was edited Sep 11, 2004 5:16 AM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2004

Post #1041188

A disco gram is where they shoot dye into the discs and see what is going on.
I had a fusion with ray cages at L4-L5, and L5-S1 with ray cages and they think they did not fuse. L3-L-4 is something new to me. This is suppose to be the most painful test. But it will be the last. It will tell if I need a refusion with extra hardware or live like this..

Hope I can slip in some of these e-drinks. Hey ladies I am feeling tipsy. Do I have 2 horrsseees. JudithI stand still getting sick sea i'mmmmm.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2004
6:56 AM

Post #1041191

I dunno. I see four. Is one ov 'em mine? Mine wuz a slilkly dark brownnnn...is one ov 'em slilklkliy dahk brnnnnnn? Ooooooh, my!
You spoze I'm getininging a lil tippspspspsy toooooooo? Hic!
Shchuzzz me.
Lani, did you know you gotta twin...looks jsst like you! You both gottha same 'orsies too! Thatsh funnnny.
Hmmmmmmm...mm...m...z... .zzzzzzzzzzzz. z..z...z...z...z...z..
I think I neeeeeda nap...zzz.zz.zzzz...z...
handhelpers
Coopersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 9, 2004
1:48 PM

Post #1041367

LOL!!!
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2004
8:30 AM

Post #1044064

Hand, good to see you or am I seeing things? I think I saw you earlier someplace else so you must be moving around us here in our dreams. Why do you have that stick in your hands?

Oh I see why you have a stick. It is a banana. Could you get me one too. I am feeling just a littlee alfbncvzx/fausdghikgls;jdlv jlkasfjl' la'sdgj aljghgtin,
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2004
8:45 AM

Post #1044071

Mee two!
I wanna bamamaa!
Hey, we could have a mabamana codala. (Hic)
Or a cocomaba lambada with just a teensy bit of leme...
I allus luv'd melemes & bamanda, speshly with coocatuns.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2004 4:52 AM
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2004
9:11 AM

Post #1044077

psssssssssssst I gotened mea naner toeat butit iens't veyr oggot. mabyaoie neixt timewiisilll be beetter.

IOjmnot sdidurunk imesjust a litttlek tiposeyyyy. Tmowrjw I wil gbe okas. WHy womwrrryy aboutlw, me/ its onlywak soemme tequilskaa I draramk and nowewehre doies itst say hthatn aI can'tls drinklsiow.

zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2004
9:30 AM

Post #1044086

Shur drunk! (hic)
Not me tho'. I'mam mosht shurtenly NOT drunk!
You cain't get drunk here in e-magination.
At leasht ya' cain't get nonovtha' baaaad thangs thet go alowng with being drunk.
I guesh it musht be OK to getta litl topesy!
It shur feels nishe. I feel all relaxed now.
I guesh we all needed that tonnight.

UhOh! Tha' sun's upping, schush me, risin' up a'reddy.
It's time fo' breakfust. Mebbe that'll sober us up quick.
Whut's cookin' this mawnnin? Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnwwwnnwnnnn!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2004
6:02 AM

Post #1045393

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
sssssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This message was edited Sep 14, 2004 1:36 AM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 14, 2004
5:27 AM

Post #1048493

Where is everybody? Wow that was some e-drinking we did.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2004
6:04 AM

Post #1048509

What a party!!!!!
And e-drinking doesn't count. No hangovers!
Just relaxing fun!

Sandy, you went to sleep on your "snore" in your previous post. (heehee)
You need to edit your post with the zzzzz's & snore.
Put in a space here and there to fix the "thread spread." ; )
I've done that before too! Heck, we all have!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 14, 2004
6:40 AM

Post #1048526

Thanks Judithl, I sure feel more rested. I slept sounder after adding spaces.
JudithI
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2004
8:10 AM

Post #1048555

Oh yes, it is always more restful and relaxing!

Now, what's for breakfast this morning?
And what is today's new adventure?

And you're right, where is everybody? Still sleeping it off????

I guess you and I can go on down and check out what's for breakfast. The others can catch up with us later. I'm really hungry. Maybe they have a new version of seafood. Lobster bisque, maybe, or clam chowder, just to start off with. Ah'm powerful hongry!!!!

Oh, look at the new blooms that have opened this morning. I haven't seen most of these before. Maybe the season is changing here. Do you suppose they have 4 seasons here, in some form or another?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 14, 2004
9:14 PM

Post #1049279

I am not sure if they have 4 seasons here or not. I bet it doesn't snow hehehe
Those blooms are gorgeous. I love it here. I am not ready to leave here yet It
is too beautiful. GREAT friends, GREAT food, GREAT times, who could ask for more.

Just curious, should we start a new thread? This one is aweful long?
LMK what you guys think.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2004
11:43 PM

Post #1049463

I think we should start another thread, this one, is getting pretty darn long...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America