How do I enter the chatroom when it is open?

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

When the chatroom is open and I double click on the box saying "The chatroom is Open!" I get a large square with only an X in the corner--like a picture didn't show up. The help menu tells me to pull down the menu on the right--but I don't see anything on the right. What am I doing wrong? How do I get there from here?

This message was edited Jun 1, 2004 9:45 PM

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I know one problem getting in chat is you have to have Java. Make sure you have java enabled on your computer. I still can't get in using Mozzila as my browser I have to go to IE to get in. So it might be your browser too. Maybe that will help you alittle until Gardenwife or somebody with more computer knowledge comes along.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 5a)

There is a daves garden chatroom?

Dixon, KY(Zone 7a)

when I click on the chat room . I get the room but can't leave a message or write anything what do I need to do It say your message but I can't get in why?

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

My DH says he will take care of the Java problem this weekend. Thanks for the advice. I'll let everyone know if it works!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

someradiantpig, yes we have twice-a-week chat sessions: Tuesday evenings from 7-10 (central time) and Thursday mornings from 7-10 (again, central time.)

Lewisville, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello to everyone from the Lone Star State. I am a new member from the Dallas area. My sister is the member known as "Floridian"...you know, the one with all the beautiful photos she shares with everyone. We plan on being in Kentucky, in September. My sister and I are taking care of the "registration" area for the group, at Prizer's Point. After all my sister has told me about this fine group of people, I am really looking forward to meeting a lot of you in September. We just wish, here in the DFW area, that the nightly storms, with all the wind and hail, would cease long enough for us to enjoy all the spring plantings that have finally started coming up. Again, my sister("Floridian") has been a member for quite some time and from all she has told me, I am going to enjoy all of you, just as much as she does. See you all in September!

Crossville, TN

Terry...did we change the chat from Eastern time to Central?

After I had to do a RESTORE I lost my Java...Gardenwife kindly told me where to go to download it again! Thanks, Kimberley. Jo

I misspoke - it's on Eastern Time ;o)

Crossville, TN

WHEW! I didn't miss it then...LOL Jo

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8b)

I have a few questions: 1.) What zone am I in? Montgomery, AL. I thought 8 and then there was an a & b-- 2) how do I get to the chat room and what time?-- 3) how do I change or update my preferences? Thank you--and remember I'm new!LOL Thanks, Liz

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Welcome lizbar. The zone thing is a little tricky as we now have a new USDA zone map. You can get close by clicking on the link to the right of this thread that says USDA zones. Select the one that is closest to your area and then go to Preferences. This is where you set all of your information. click on the links that you want to set and check off or fill in the blanks. Hit submit and you're good to go.

Chat is on Tues night and Thurs morning. An icon will appear on the right hand column when the chatroom is open. Click on that, and you will be taken to the chat page. Make sure you have Java enabled to access the conversations. They move fast, but it's fun.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you melody..I do have java. I'm in college and my last Algebra class I had to have it to take tests. As far as the zone thing..there's an a and b? Just pick one? I'm in Montgomery, Alabama..Thank you for your help and your time,Liz

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Anything happening I should know about in the WestCoast? if there is I'm always up for some fun, Let me know, Tks

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8b)

Hey Hanna1,
Did you get my email? Liz

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The a and b denotations are simply the northern(a) and southern(b) half of each zone. If you are in the northern half, then choose a if you are in the southern half, choose b.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8b)

melody, what if you are in the middle? just pick one? I reckon I'm in the b zone. Thank you for your help..Liz

Here's a link to the old map: http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html?

Using "north" and "south" really won't work too well; in fact, Melody and I are a case in point. She's probably 150 miles northwest of me, and yet her microclimate is approximately a half zone warmer than me on the old map (I think now we're both lumped into 7 - apparently our respective weather data is showing us a bit warmer and her a bit colder since the last map was drawn....)

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Lizbar, No, I did not get your e-mail, Mmmm, and I only received 1 newsletter, funny I don't have any spam blockers that i know of?!?!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, I finally downloaded Java from the website www.Java.com and lo and behold--I can chat. I got to chat with some fine people last night. Since I'm off this week, I'll have to drop in on the Thursday am session. Thanks, mystic, Java was what I needed!

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

Where do you find the chat room?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

I have found the answer to my question......I see now that the chat room is only open twice a week Tuesday evening and Thursday mornings......

Anna

Crossville, TN

Glad you found the info...I hope to see you in chat tonight. Jo

Pflugerville, TX(Zone 8b)

Is it a bandwidth problem to have it open more often?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

I will try and go on the chat room this evening...Thanks Roadrunner

Anna

PvillePlanter, no bandwidth problem, we've just had problems in the past with abuses of the chatroom. The limited times are so that we admins can keep an eye on it.

dave

Pflugerville, TX(Zone 8b)

gotcha.....well if you are ever looking for volunteers to monitor additional times I'd be happy to volunteer.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

best,
dave

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Dave, I don't know how you do it.... sometimes we're like a bunch of kids at recess. You guys are the best. tnx so much ~ blooms

Crossville, TN

Thank goodness for recess though...hehehhe...

D A V E!! Blooms pulled my hair *snif*...LOL Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images