Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Water Gardens: Wanted Aquarium Plants

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 3, Views: 227
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
teentitans14
Vansant, VA
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2001
2:36 AM

Post #6151

I am looking for some water plants that will do well in my indoor turtle aquarium. Does anyone have any extras for postage?
Thanks,
Tim
Amari
Austin, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 8, 2001
3:43 AM

Post #81357

Hi Tim,

I'm not sure if you are looking for food plants or decorative plants. Our aquatic turtles have eaten every plant we've put in the pond or indoor aquarium except Taros (elephant ears) and a few other very large plants that probably wouldn't work for an indoor aquarium. I think every turtle aquarium or pond should have some Anarchis in it for the turtles to eat and I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like. If Water Hyancith or Water Lettuce is legal in your state those are a good choice for floating plants - the turtle will nibble on them, but they should grow faster than one turtle can eat. Unfortuantly, I can't have those two plants here in Texas. I do have a variety of small duckweed (floating plant) that is legal here which I could send you if you are interested.

AnnMarie
teentitans14
Vansant, VA
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2001
2:31 AM

Post #81663

AnnMarie,
Thanks for replying! I would love to have some of your Anarchis. How much postage do you need me to send?
Tim
Amari
Austin, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 9, 2001
6:45 AM

Post #81726

No postage needed - just email me your address and I'll ship you some out on Monday.

AnnMarie

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America