-
AuthorContent
balvenie
Marysville, WA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2004
8:56 PM

Post #912569

Can you tell me what a 'chat room' is, what it does and how to use it? So many computer things and so little time.

an afterthought:when I post a comment to a forum and click the back arrow I get a page saying this page has expired,but click several more times and finally get back to where I started.Am I doing something wrong?

This message was edited Jun 16, 2004 5:07 PM

This message was edited Jun 16, 2004 5:08 PM

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2004
11:24 AM

Post #920270

balvenie, a chat room is a real-time communication arena. Participants from anywhere in the world can log in and "chat" with other gardeners. Since they're all participating at the same time, the conversations flow quickly - unlike a forum where someone may post a question, and several minutes (or hours or days) may elapse before someone responds.

Navigating through our forums is best done without using your browser's back/forward arrows. Once you post a comment, you're given the option of returning to the thread or to the forum. If you don't wish to go either place, you can click on the DG logo in the upper right-hand corner and be taken to the home page.

By using these links, you're assured that you are always seeing the most updated view of any page. (In comparison, using your browser buttons will take you back to a page you've already seen, but it isn't a "refreshed" view of it.)
balvenie
Marysville, WA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2004
10:19 PM

Post #921368

Thanks for the explanations Terry, I'm a cyber-dummy.robert
cherishlife
Pocola, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2004
2:09 PM

Post #925205

Hey, everyone has to start somewhere. No one is a dummy here. If you don't ask questions, you may never learn. So please feel free to ask. It may take awhile for someone to answer and if no one answers, it's because the one that knows the answer didn't see your post. DG now has over 106,000 members so there should be an answer for every question, from at least one person. If you're post doesn't get answered, don't take it personal, just bump it back to the top with another question or statement. I'm fairly new too and have had to learn this lesson from experience. Welcome to DG!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America