Photo by Melody

Dave's Garden FAQ: How do I change my email address or other information?

Communities > Forums > Dave's Garden FAQ
bookmark
Forum: Dave's Garden FAQReplies: 6, Views: 272
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
raven_locks
Tillamook, OR
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004
3:25 PM

Post #923971

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this or if there is some other way to find out...I'm a new subscriber to Dave's but now we are moving from one state to another and I will have a totally new internet hook-up and new provider, will I have to subscribe again to DG or is there an easier way? Sorry if this a silly question but I'm slightly computer impaired!
dave

June 24, 2004
3:37 PM

Post #923985

Nothing changes here at DG! We don't identify you by your ISP, but rather your username and password. So just make sure you remember those and you can login with that information from any computer in any city in the world! :)

best,
dave
raven_locks
Tillamook, OR
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2004
3:47 PM

Post #924002

Thanks so much Dave, it couldn't be easier!!!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2004
1:31 PM

Post #930500

To expand a bit on Dave's answer, once you've unpacked your boxes, have a new email address, and know the zone you're in you can (and should!) update your profile.

Why? Well, if you ever need your password sent to you, it can be done automatically and instantaneously - as long as a current email address is on your profile. (If you leave your old one intact, you'll have to email the helpdesk and wait for a reply.)

Having your current zone and/or city/state in your profile will help others give better answers to your questions. (Questions like "Can I grow a Banana Tree?" can only be answered with a "Well, it depends" unless we know whether you live in Florida or Minnesota ;o)
RichSwanner
Citrus Heights, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2005
4:17 AM

Post #1728854

What if you wish to change your user name? What happens to the pictures you have sent in, and do the new ones have the name change on them? Thanks-Rich

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2005
2:43 PM

Post #1729389

A once-only request to change in username is happily accomodated - contact us with your first choice and at least one alternate.

When your name is changed, it is updated throughout the site. Everywhere your name is displayed by the system, your new name will automatically replace the old one.

CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2006
7:38 PM

Post #2112559

just browsing to figure out how to change name. So I sent Dave a dmail for change name request.
Couldnt figure out where else to do it .

Cricket

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dave's Garden FAQ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
DG: About the origins of Dave's Garden lupinelover 46 Jan 23, 2010 1:24 AM
Can I post more than one image per message? Happenstance 19 Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM
How do I create bold, italicized, and underlined text? tcfromky 51 Oct 21, 2009 3:13 AM
What are the differences between DG and GardenWeb? garlicgoddess 143 Jun 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Why do my messages all have "edit" under my username? Terry 5 Jan 27, 2008 8:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America