How do I change my email address or other information?

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this or if there is some other way to find out....I'm a new subscriber to Dave's but now we are moving from one state to another and I will have a totally new internet hook-up and new provider, will I have to subscribe again to DG or is there an easier way? Sorry if this a silly question but I'm slightly computer impaired!

Nothing changes here at DG! We don't identify you by your ISP, but rather your username and password. So just make sure you remember those and you can login with that information from any computer in any city in the world! :)

best,
dave

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much Dave, it couldn't be easier!!!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

To expand a bit on Dave's answer, once you've unpacked your boxes, have a new email address, and know the zone you're in you can (and should!) update your profile.

Why? Well, if you ever need your password sent to you, it can be done automatically and instantaneously - as long as a current email address is on your profile. (If you leave your old one intact, you'll have to email the helpdesk and wait for a reply.)

Having your current zone and/or city/state in your profile will help others give better answers to your questions. (Questions like "Can I grow a Banana Tree?" can only be answered with a "Well, it depends" unless we know whether you live in Florida or Minnesota ;o)

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

What if you wish to change your user name? What happens to the pictures you have sent in, and do the new ones have the name change on them? Thanks-Rich

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

A once-only request to change in username is happily accomodated - contact us with your first choice and at least one alternate.

When your name is changed, it is updated throughout the site. Everywhere your name is displayed by the system, your new name will automatically replace the old one.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

just browsing to figure out how to change name. So I sent Dave a dmail for change name request.
Couldnt figure out where else to do it .

Cricket

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images