Here's my begonia collection

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

A grouping of mixed begonias. The tall thing on the right is a rooting brug cutting. LOL

Thumbnail by flowerjunkie
Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

A close up

OPPPS got so excited that we have this forum..I forgot the photo...LOL

This message was edited Jun 25, 2004 4:09 PM

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh! I love them, you have a beautiful collection!! I'm starting to collect begonias this year, (now that I've discovered them!) I love the one on the left with the mint colored leaves, what is that one called?

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

A close up of Begonia rex Escargot form 'Cowardly Lion'

This message was edited Jun 25, 2004 6:06 PM

This message was edited Jun 26, 2004 6:56 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Another close up similar to looking glass cane type begonia

This message was edited Jun 25, 2004 6:23 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Annnnnnd another

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

annnd the last one for now...my camera needs recharging LOL!

Raven-locks

This is the one on the left but this photo is too dark. Its color is more like the one in the group photo. And I'm sorry. THAT one had no name when I bought it. It is a rhizome type begonia and I have a baby if you want to trade. Just let me know when.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2004 4:29 PM

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

REALLY??!! I would love to trade, I don't know any names of the ones I have, I could send you pictures later when my husband gets back with the camera!

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Some of mine are named, but some are not. I don't let that bother me. I love begonias. Pictures works for me. You can just post them here so we can all see them. No problem. I'll add all the rest later on so you can see them all.

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Ok, but I need someone to tell me how to post pictures if I can't figure out how to do it on my own! :O)

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is the sea foam green one again...this time the light is better.

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Boomer

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Carolinafolia

This message was edited Feb 3, 2005 1:03 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is bunchii

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Elkhorn

This message was edited Jun 25, 2004 6:30 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Bull's eye

This message was edited Feb 3, 2005 1:04 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is an Oak Leaf Rhiz. Rex

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Poponoeii

This message was edited Feb 3, 2005 1:05 PM

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

This is an Angel Wing Cane with coral blooms

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Just bought this one with a tag "BU434"

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's a grouping of cuttings I am rooting under the shade of some potted bananas

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

What a neat collection.! Raven Locks and Sea Foam are especially beautiful.

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh my, thank you! (bow, curtsy) Hee hee, I think she was talking to me about the begonia in the picture, :O)

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Yep, I'm a dork. but I'm sure I did mean both.
I have several canes I'm in love with and I have Looking Glass.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Pant, pant.....drool, drool...GREEN with envy!!!!!!! You can't believe how little I know about Begonias and how much I have just fallen in love with them! I'm really looking forward to this Forum! Thanks again Dave!!!!
Pati

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

raven-locks,

I picked two more begonias today...I need to be committed...now I have to make more room on my begonia table LOL. I'll put those photos on as soon as it ever stops raining. Did you ever figure out how to put your begonia photos on?

Kathyjo,

Thank you! I lost my B. Looking Glass this past winter.

Patischell,

You won't believe how easy they are to grow. You just water them an leave them in shade. Put them in bigger pot when they get too big for the pot they are in. And that is it.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Flowerjunkie any tips on growing Rex? I let mine get a bit of sun and ouch! instant leaf burn. Do they need deep shade or filtered? How much water? I am worried they will rot in our humidity (Deep South) Here's a pic of a group I made up, but maybe I should remove the Rex and use something else...

Thumbnail by delphiniumdiva
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

The one in the suitcase is "Gloria" Here is "Ember" - they were so beautiful at the garden center I couldn't resist. why do I always do my research AFTER I've spent the money?

Thumbnail by delphiniumdiva

Well thank goodness someone else 'fessed up first . I thought I had my "Red Robin" pretty well hidden behind a big pot with a palm in it. Didn't allow for the movement of the sun and got some leaf burn. DUUUUH! I have my new "no-name" sitting on the computer table right in front of the window, but I don't know how the A/C will affect it. So far it's all right.
Pati

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Haha! I don't dare post a pic of what poor "Gloria" looks like now or I'll be arrested for plant abuse! I could never keep them inside though - hubby keeps house in arctic conditions. Guess I could knit them little sweaters...

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Ack, I'm sorry, I haven't gotten it figured out yet, and we took a day trip yesterday so I wasn't here all day!! I'll try again today and re read everything about posting pictures, it seems like it should be easy enough....

DelDiva, You are a Hoot!! While you're at it, maybe you could make some for my Mini-African Violets. If they had teeth, they'd be chattering.
Pati

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

delphiniumdiva,

Its hot and humid her in the Houston area. This past week it has rained straight for 7 days. Begonias, rex, cane or rhizome love deep shade and to be kept moist...they will alow some drying out. Mine get no sun at all, and lots of neglect. I never feed so they grow on humidy.

I'll take at look at them when we come to visit. Maybe I can fix what is going wrong. LOL

Good luck,

Daisy

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Ok, I'm ready to try this, I re-sized the pictures so they would load up quicker, here goes! This one is really hard to see what the actual leaf looks like, but the red dots are really a deep burgandy color. I'm not the best picture taker in the world as you can see, sorry. AND, I have no clue what the names of any of these begonias are, they have all been sent to me in trades and these are babies that I started from the original plant.

Thumbnail by raven_locks
Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Another...

Thumbnail by raven_locks
Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

What the whole plant of the previous looks like, for some reason just that one leaf has turned that amazing metallic color...

Thumbnail by raven_locks
Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

cool. I'm glad you figured it out.

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Why can't I post any more pictures? Is there a limit to the number of pictures you can post in one thread?

Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Will it work now....? Oh good, there it goes, this one is my favorite, the streaks are such a pretty lavendar color!

Thumbnail by raven_locks
Tillamook, OR(Zone 8b)

Another.... This one is so fun, I love the huge white spots!!! I do have one more that has really tiny spotted leaves, but I just can't get a good picture of it, I'll try again tomorrow in better light.

Thumbnail by raven_locks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images