Coleus Kong

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

If anyone has been following this thread http://davesgarden.com/t/442626/
on the Kongs, try looking at your Home Depots. Ours has them not marked as Kongs in 2 gallon pots for $8.97 each. There are 4 or 5 large plants in each pot. Recognizable by the very wide leaves. $5. bill wide or larger.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I will be at Home Depot with in the hour to see what they have. Thanks for the heads up Liz.

Linda

Print a picture and take it with you Linda, the leaves look like lettuce leaves. Terracotta coloured plastic pots, I think the white label just says Blooming Crazy plants. They are inside with the tropicals.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

LOL, I get so easily side tracked. I went to the local nursery instead of taking the drive to Home depot. They had a bunch of cuttings of varigated brugs, and actually called them snowbank. They are from perennial gardens, in canada. $20 each. I'll post a pic when my camera gets home, (it's on holiday with out me!) I try to get to HD later today.

Edited to say, I couldn't wait for later, I'm off to HD now.
Linda

This message was edited Jul 17, 2004 9:09 AM

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Home Depot in Victoria does NOT have these Kong Coleus. Nor does any of the other 4 nurseries I went to this morning. Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive.

Linda

Don't give up, the ones here just arrived within the last couple of days after they had gotten rid of most of their other annuals. The nurseries I checked had never heard of them. Obviously not Daves members.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Will be watching for that one...thanks Liz!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.