Truck Art

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Here are some pictures of Pakistani trucks , Looking like grooms.

Thumbnail by gumlla

One more

Thumbnail by gumlla
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

That's incredible! Only the tyres seem to have been left out! Do they do it for some occasion or is it permanently done? Can you try to translate some of those interesting words written in Urdu there?

one more picture of the prince.

Thumbnail by gumlla

Dinu , I think same will be in India , these are permanently decorated .There name of the Goods company is written in Urdu.
You are living in a historial city Masoor , Tipu Sultan , the great empror of the India was also from your city , please show us his fort and other historical places of your city.People of india and Pakistan want to know each others , I think I am lucky that your are in Davesgarden, Dave provide us a chance to know the views of each other and visit the home and garden of all the members.
Thanks Dave.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Those trucks are amazing! What a treat to see such bright colors used in daily life. You refer to them looking like grooms. Does the groom in your weddings wear bright colors and adornments? How sober and bland our traditional white gowned bride and tuxedo clad grooms must seem to you in comparison!

Yes these days grooms are very colorful , wear sharwani (embroided) and kullah on the head, soon post some pictures of Buses looking like brides.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

And the time spent in decorating so intricately is to be appreciated. Do they use reflector tapes or do they paint all of them?

Gummla, here is some information on Tipu Sultan you had asked for. Indeed he was a real 'Tiger' so aptly nicknamed. He was a real thorn to the British. The place is just 16 kms from Mysore. http://www.tipusultan.org/gall1.htm ; http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/state/empire/tiger_of_mysore_gallery.shtml ; http://kiranv3.tripod.com/srirangapatna.htm

Did you get to see yesterday's Asia Cup match in Colombo between India and Pakistan?

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

LOL, I thought Dinu was from Indiana, a U. S. state. The postal service here uses IN for the initials for Indiana.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

These trucks are amazing. Do the owners paint them or is there a business that does the art work?
Pati

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL wood, you need to check out some of Dinu's posts especially of the elephants in his garden area!
Those trucks are spectacular, so intricate and beautiful. If they had trucks like that here I wouldn't mind seeing them on the highways as much!

There are some artist who paint these trucks , this art is known here truck art .Using reflecting paints not reflecting tapes.With out paints, trucks are looking bad to us because we are used to see them dectorated.
No I didnot saw the pictures of elephants from Dinu.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Gumlla, I have enjoyed these photographs, which bring back some memories for me of the time I worked in your country, way back in 1964. I was a civil engineer then, building a gas pipe bridge over the River Sutlej, near Ahmadpur East. Whereabouts in Pakistan do you live. I tried looking up Mirpur, but the Mapping system found 6 different Mirpurs in Pakistan!
I was in Pakistan for 6 months, but I only got to see Karachi, Bahwalpur and Multan and the area immediately adjacent to our engineering site.
I will have a look back through my old photos and post a few of them on the forum.

kennedyh
Thats great , very intersting you visited pakistan , I am living in Mipur ( azad kashmir ) in Kashmir area of Pakistan.Wold love to see those beautiful pictures of your past , hope you had enjoyed in Pakistan , People of Pakistan are very loving.Karachi is the bigest city of Pakistan .Want to know more about you and your life.
Thanks

Frederick, MD

One of these trucks was parked down in Washington DC on the mall last Friday. It was stunning. I wanted to take a photo to post, but my camera was being stubborn.

Owner of that truck should be a Pakistani....ha ha ha ha ha

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Gumlla, you are so poetic in your use of words... "Trucks looking like bridegrooms" and "Buses looking like brides"!!

darius
Trucks and buses are often hug each other on the roadS. I mean accidents .

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

LOL. But do they mean "love" when they do that?

Dinu as you know drivers are not well educated , accidents occured due to rush driving and bad conditions of the roads.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Gumlla, it is not any different across the border on this side. Add to it, drunken driving. It is another nasty thing that has cost many lives.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The trucks are wonderful! I bet some accidents are caused by people trying to see all the paintings on the oncoming truck before it passes them by! :D

May be sometimes ....but many due to dizziness ( incomplete sleep )

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Been there. *yawn* ;)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Distractions? That's why in some country, they removed a seductive ad hoarding in a central place, after they found out that that was the cause of so many accidents in its vicinity!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.