Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I recently paint this house for a customer. They chose the colors I only did the job. I was there this day to put another coat on the floor, so they do have furniture, dark green wicker.

I thought they were really gutsy to go this way but I think it turned out great. This is the patio only.

They had a party and found people either loved it or hated it, no inbetween.

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc

This is what they decided for the walls on the rest of the house. Sedon Clay from Ben Moore is the color

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Molly - BEAUTIFUL! This is for me....I love bright colors and Mexican/Southwest/Peruvian/Etc. styles.....beautiful job.....

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I like the patio and think it would be fun for the outdoors.

North Port, FL(Zone 9a)

Molly,

i love the colors on the patio.....really festive lookin.....

you did a great job.....

cindy

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh I love it!!! The colors are great. Love the lizard on the wall. Was it as fun painting this as it looks?

Thank you all!!

Janet, when I first starting putting those colors on, I was so afraid the owner would realize he overstepped himself, but he loved it. And when it was finished, it all came together very well. They have several of those wall hangings around, they were so cute, now I want some!!!!

:^)
Molly

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Molly,you did a fantastic job.
I'm speechless !!!
I love it, I showed it to DH and told him that's what I would like to, he does not like the green and blue... but I DO :)

Carmen

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Molly - do you paint for a living?

MBock,

Yes I do. Normally I don't post photos of my work, because most of the time the colors are pretty conservative.........except for the time the lady wanted a red ceiling....., but no photo done of that one.

Molly

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Molly, I really like it too. It looks very festive.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Molly..where did they get the gecko'sare they metal or resin?

Great paint job btw! :-)

Eclipse,

TY. I believe those geckos are ceramic. They sell them at many places down here, specialty shops. I have even seen them at craft fairs. I have a cermic lizard myself, but he sits on the table in the garden. They are very pricey.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I love the colors! Break out the margaritas and the enchiladas.

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, I like the colors too! I'm with you Gardenwife, make mine on the rocks. Looks like you have a very steady hand on that trim work--nice straight lines. Great job!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Muy Bonito!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I still love it

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I hope your new landlord lets you play with color -- you have an eye for it, Molly.

I was over there painting today GW. I got 4 rooms done, with the colors I used I had to double coat all of it. Landlord is fantastic. Very nice, friendly, helpful and keeps a clean property, met his wife too. She wants painting tips now.

I am putting some color in the rooms, when I finish painting them tomorrow, I will post over in my "Changes" thread.

:^))
Molly

Thank you all.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

YAY, good for you! :)

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

molly, I am sooo glad to see this. I have been after my wife to "Get Some Colors in the House". I did my daughters room in washed green walls, blue ceiling boarder and ruddy red moulding. When asking her to pick color for the guest room she came up with three light shades of taupe. DUH ! I think the world needs to take a hint from the Carribean Islands idea of "Happy Colors".

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Okay, Kipper, post pictures in a thread now -- you have my curiousity! That color combination sounds pretty fun, and I bet more folks want to see it!

OK, here they are......Had to find them on the hard drive.

Thumbnail by kipper2

Next one

Thumbnail by kipper2

Last one. The green wash was from SunnysGoodTimePaint.com. It is the Gator Green and 1 quart did the whole 10 by 12 ft. room. It was sooo easy being a water base.

Thumbnail by kipper2

Excellent job Kipper, I'm impressed with your faux finis

Molly

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Very Cool Kipper....I need to post my bathroom pics.....

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I am such a water baby and I feel wet just looking at that room. And it certainly encourages a vacation as well. Very nice work!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Kipper -- I really like that technique on the walls. I did a mottled finish on our bedroom walls using the "Walls With Style" roller. I started with an almost schoolbus yellow base coat, then used the bi-color roller with two lighter shades of yellow and rolled them to blend. Here's a section to show what that looks like:

Thumbnail by gardenwife

gardenwife, luv the look.
mbock, just finished my bathroom too, sooo, you show me yours and I'll show you mine. ;o)

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Okay - you asked for it. The pictures don't really show the faux finish. I did it with two colors of apple green using plastic wrap like a rag to remove glaze....I love it. It's my inside garden. Pic #1...

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Pic #2 (btw - the pictures on the wall are pics DH took!)

This message was edited Aug 27, 2004 6:44 PM

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Okay try again = #2

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

and last one....

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

ONE OF THESE DAYS - I'm gonna learn....sorry everyone

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I *love* it! Nice work!

mbock, looks too cool. I love the soothing tone of the green. I left my camera at the store so I'll post the images when I get home @ 5:00 CST Saturday. We moved into this house 13 years ago and I just started to redo stuff inside 6 months ago (had to get the flower beds done first ;o)~). I walked into my bathroom one day 4 months ago and it hit me......This looks yuck. The previous owners wife did the room in a deep blue floral print from the 70's. I ended up using Japanese grass wallcovering and highlighting with the aged cedar fence pickets that a tornado deemed inappropriate in my back fence.
I'll shoot the picks here tomorrow.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks all. K2 - now don't you forget! I showed you mine!

Here ya go mbock, an hour late because of a lighting storm that decided to move thru. The frame on the mirror made of the cedar pickets as is the "chair rail". Thsi was my first try at wallpapering and I found out that it is not as hard as I expected..(being a little bit of a perfectionest helps). The paneling is the paper, printed kind found at HD. I'm looking for some type of Ivy to put into the wrought iron over the toilet but i don't know what yet?????

Thumbnail by kipper2

Two more to go.

Thumbnail by kipper2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.