Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Red Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Pride of Barbados, Peacock Flower, flambo

Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Thank you for that photo! Fantastic photo to see the seed pods!
I am growing the orange, pink and red and they are at the baby stage and was wondering what the pod would look like!
I grew them all by seed.. and I have so very many growing right now and can't wait to see flowers!
I esp. like the pink.
Thanks again! Tricia

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Gardengirl1960 You have a pink one? Do you have any pictures? I did not know there was a pink variety.

Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

YES.. it is my favorite I have a lot of pink ones, red, and orange all in small stage.
They are VERY easy to grow by seed. I have lots of them and think they will do VERY well!
Here is a photo of the pink.... the most beautiful flower to me:)
Tricia

Thumbnail by gardengirl1960
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Beautiful flower. I need some of those.

trois

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok please tell me where to get the pink one. I have the red/orange and a what seems to be completely red one.

Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

marieortiz, I sent you an IM
Tricia

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8a)

Please tell me where to buy/ the seeds ? thank you. In Puerto Ricxo they are called Flamboyant. the name is self-explanatory. You should see them in the color Purple! glorious!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

They have them in purple too???????

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh WOW... that color of pink is my FAVORITE.... how/where to get seeds for the pink one please?????

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Oh my goodness, these are just stunning! I would love to try just a couple of seeds from both the pink and orange if anyone has any to spare.

Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

I am all out of the pink POB seeds because I got carried away and planted them all...

I got babies... here is a photo I just took of some of them. I will have seeds shortly which are so easy to germ. I have a way to get almost 100 percent.
Tricia

This message was edited Oct 12, 2006 6:10 PM

Thumbnail by gardengirl1960

have to see how I can get one of your babies! *g

Oviedo, FL

I had two of the red and orange plants grow in the landscape at our office. I am in the Orlando, FL area. They have gone from 4" and 10" to 3 1/2" and 5' tall in one summer. The tall one just bloomed. I need to know how to control them as far as pruning and establishing them. Do we cut back on growth on edges to thicken up main stems? Also I noted from other comments that the roots get tight and can hurt paving. Should these be in pots or in soil away from paving?
John

Any seeds available for the pink one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.